V6 Throttle problem

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

V6 Throttle problem

Post by Sebata »

Compliments of the new season all,

i have went through a very frustrating festive season as my truck has been standing still for a full month now. :cry:

i took it in because it couldn't start, that was sorted quickly as there was a problem with a starter wires due to bloody RATS :frustrated:

once that was sorted, engine light came ON :o: , when diagnosis was done, the Throttle sensor error code came on, after battling with it, was decided to put new Throttle sensor, even after that, the bakkie still starts but NO Throttle :frustrated: :cry:

please advice what else could be looked at to remedy the problem coz now my last option would be to take it to the stealers and remain broke the whole year and even miss paying my club membership :tease:

regards
Tau
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
ForYota
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: Sold my beloved Lux..

Re: V6 Throttle problem

Post by ForYota »

Did the rats not chew those wires as well :think: :think:
ImageImageImageImage

If I can't go in my Hilux I ain't Going
ForYota
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: Sold my beloved Lux..

Post by ForYota »

Oh almost forgot, if the alternator doesn't charge there's no throttle as well...
ImageImageImageImage

If I can't go in my Hilux I ain't Going
Masekind
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Post by Masekind »

ForYota wrote:Oh almost forgot, if the alternator doesn't charge there's no throttle as well...
Dankie het dit nie geweet nie (myne wil ook nie lekker werk as ek te veel speel nie sy kop raak bevark)
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s
Sebata
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds

Post by Sebata »

ForYota wrote:Oh almost forgot, if the alternator doesn't charge there's no throttle as well...
:shock:
Tau Sello
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Eish! I don't like 'fly-by-wire' throttles! :(
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

:yahoo: :celebrate: its finally back home :celebrate: :yahoo: after long weeks of battling with it, i decided to get a tow truck to take it to Alberton Auto Elctricians, where it was discovered due to rats that chewed the wiring which ultimately, blew the computer box hence my problem..computer box repaired, :yahoo: :celebrate: and im finally flying again....those taxi drivers driving uo & down Beyers Naude.... :banned: :banned:
Tau Sello

Return to “The Workshop”