road accidents

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
hilex08
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilex V8, Ford Ranger 2500 td, C55 AMG

road accidents

Post by hilex08 »

listening to the news yesterday morning i heard about the fatal accidents in and around gauteng, claiming four lives

i am in the mining game,and safety now comes before production.
if an accident happens, how minor it may be, it gets treated as a fatal injury. accident forms have to be made out, photos of the scene of accident, a whole enquiry team is involved, countless meetings, safety meetings, special instructions.bla bla bla.........
we have a whole team of safety officers going underround and writing "stop notes"
on recieving such stop note all hell breaks loose, and you have to report to the man in the corner, then its again explaining why the people do not obey standards etc etc...

its a thing of playing the man not the ball.

the area is then stopped, until one can satisfy the DME that the area is now safe and then maybe production can carry on.

people responsible are then formaly charged under the disiplanery code, and if found guillty of any neglegence, one can face criminal charges, and find yourself in court.

the goverment now took the stand that managers will now be fined, and the fine will be a percentage of the companies income......ouch

coming back to the road accidents, who stands par for the fatals on the road?
why dont traffic officials get penalized for every accident on the road?
why is it that people still ignore traffic signs?
where are the safety officers of the road to write stop notes, and stop traffic(production)
take photos and submit accident forms and hold safety meetings bla bla bla.....

yeah...i am p&^!*ed off
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Re: road accidents

Post by Scorpion »

The answer to that is very simple - they are too lazy to get off their fat a$$es! And when they do, it's because they need some lunch money... :evil: Simply put, safety doesn't bring in as much money as speed traps do.

Every morning on my 1km drive to work, Metro sits next to the road and only pulls off people talking on their cellphones, while taxis SPEED down the yellow lane. Why? We have permanent addresses and taxi drivers don't... :evil: :evil: :evil:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Scorpion wrote:The answer to that is very simple - they are too lazy to get off their fat a$$es! And when they do, it's because they need some lunch money... :evil: Simply put, safety doesn't bring in as much money as speed traps do.

Every morning on my 1km drive to work, Metro sits next to the road and only pulls off people talking on their cellphones, while taxis SPEED down the yellow lane. Why? We have permanent addresses and taxi drivers don't... :evil: :evil: :evil:
NEVER A TRUER WORD SAID :shock:

Situation is the same here in Slaapstad, Government Income outways Safety :( :(

ie. The cops ONLY pull up a vehicle in roadworthy condition cos they know that the Driver will Pay-Up, meanwhile over crowded death traps speed past with No fear :o: :o: :o:

Rich
hilex08
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilex V8, Ford Ranger 2500 td, C55 AMG

Post by hilex08 »

this morning there was a funeral in town, and I SAW A COP TALKING ON HIS CELLPHONE WHILE SPEEDING PAST THE FUNERAL CARS !!!!

he must have done bout 120km/h AND HE SKIPPED A STOP STREET !!!!!

clearly he wasnt involved with trafficking the funeral cars.

eesh.... where is justice??
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

The law actually excludes Traffic and Police Officers from the ban on using a cellphone while driving. Apparently they need it to do their job... :confused:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Scorpion wrote:The law actually excludes Traffic and Police Officers from the ban on using a cellphone while driving. Apparently they need it to do their job... :confused:

What about Burgers, news papers, etc......... :x :x
Tristan
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kidds Beach
Vehicle: 97 Hilux D/C 2.4l 4x4

Post by Tristan »

Scorpion wrote:The law actually excludes Traffic and Police Officers from the ban on using a cellphone while driving. Apparently they need it to do their job... :confused:
:o: Whaaat!!! you telling me they do there job....
I wonder what they did before cellphones :?: and what about blue tooth :?: just about every phone produced nowdays has blue tooth :x
ImageImageImage
dalkill
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

All government are excluded from any type of blame

I once was fined by DEAT for not having my fshing permit with me. I had my expired one with me instead.
It was in langebaan, I was asked to board a small rubber duck on shore, taken to the next bay, handed the fine, and then was dropped off in waist deep water, where my rod was standing. On getting off the boat, i lost my footing and water poured down my wader and busted my cell phone.
In the end, when I stripped down, found my valid permit, called them back had the fine cancelled , but was still without phone.

I tackled them on my loss, and about 1.5yrs later, they simply told me.. all ofiicers acting in good faith are not responsible for any of their actions - it's part of the law...

That was it for me.. no use fighting that.
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”