Another Scam?? or am I just misinformed of how E-bay works

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Another Scam?? or am I just misinformed of how E-bay works

Post by kfxnando »

well, seeing that I have had a major tummy bug since tuesday night, and have so much Data, I started uploading videos of the tenant that we evicted last year, as she still owes us money, and went digging on Junkmail, and rev up the wife, as she said we are not spending money!!! :lmao:

so I found this
http://www.junkmail.co.za/motoring/cara ... h-25436473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so, it looks good, and even if we dont buy, though enough to keep the wife reved!!! "Brave" :laugh2:
and one never knows what can be found out there!!

so I sent the following message
good evening am interested in the motor home, where in JHB are you, we are in Germiston
a while later, got this back
Thank you for your interest. The price is R25,000. This is the final price and there will be no additional charges. The motorhome looks and runs great. First of all I am selling the motorhome so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my new job and I just finished a divorce. I will stay here for 3 years so this is the reason why I want to sell the motorhome. I am a VerifiedTrader so the transaction will be done through eBay so we can both be protected. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address for delivery because as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure and eBay will notify you about this. eBay will send you an Invoice with all the info you need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the motorhome or if something will be wrong you will receive your money back in the same day without any charges from your side. Thanks
so had a look at how e-bay works, and how paypall works, there is some level of protection, however by now the wife is hitting limiter!! :lmao:
so why not send a reply!!
thanx for the reply
have not yet worked with e-bay
however, where can the vehicle be seen, as would like to see the vehicle before I can decide and bend the wife's arm

thanx, and look forward to your reply
and got the following reply!!
Hi there,

Sorry you cannot see the motorhome because I am not in the country but obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. A 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the motorhome you will receive your money back. After you will complete the payment the motorhome will be delivered to your home address. Delivery time will be 2 days. It comes with insurance covered by me of course until you take the ownership, RWC, keys, clear title, valid road license, full revision and all the papers signed so you can easy transfer the motorhome on your name. All the costs will be paid by me. I don't have a outstanding amount on the motorhome at a bank or financial agency as I paid cash for it. I have two more persons interested in buying the motorhome so please send me your full name and address for delivery if you are ready to buy it. Thank you!
maybe me wrong, however this to me sounds fishy!!
if he is not in the country fine, however surely the vehicle must be in the country!!

even if the insurance works as he say, and have read about the paypal insurance and people recovering money
cant buy something with out seeing it!!
does not matter how good the pics look!! as I have no idea how old those pictures are!!

me think SCAM!!!!

:cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Another Scam?? or am I just misinformed of how E-bay wor

Post by Mud Dog »

Certainly sounds suspicious. :think: As you say, the vehicle is supposedly here, why not allow people to view it? Either it's because it doesn't exist or they don't want you to have any of their location details ... either way it sounds 'fishy'.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Willem01
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: het nie 1 nie

Post by Willem01 »

Bly weg en vergeet...het dieselle bloutjie gehad met n Deetliffs caravan...waar die persoon ook glo nie in die land is nie ne dieselle storie van skeisake en en en en....so sit nou nog sonder die Caravan...en het nog my moolas..
kfxnando
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

Willem01 wrote:Bly weg en vergeet...het dieselle bloutjie gehad met n Deetliffs caravan...waar die persoon ook glo nie in die land is nie ne dieselle storie van skeisake en en en en....so sit nou nog sonder die Caravan...en het nog my moolas..
Outch!! did you open a case?? and if you did what happened??
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

If you look at that unit and it's condition along with all the equipment, there's no way in hell he's gonna flog it for that price. That unit is at least worth 80k. Then if the new tyres and recent service are true, that alone would have set him back 5k or more ..... He's only gonna clear 20k and he's gotta split it down the middle with his ex?? I don't think so. Also according to him, all the paperwork is in order with "valid road license" .... so why are there no number plates on the vehicle in the pics? Chances are that they've been removed so that the vehicle cannot be identified.

Walk away.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

very good points, however, this is not the 1st time that we have seen cheap mobile homes in Junkmail
again if something seems to good to be true then it usually is

sad that when we think we can get bargains and save a few bobs by buying privately, in the long run with all the scams, it might work out cheaper/safer to pay the extra and buy from a dealer
Jaws
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sharonlea
Vehicle: 2009 D4D 4x4

Post by Jaws »

100% scam, never ever pay a single cent unless you have physically seen the goods when dealing with third parties on the Internet.
:thumbup:
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

I have been a constant e(Vil)Bay user for over 5 years. eBay does not send the invoice, it comes via Paypal, you only get the order data from eBay. You can actually transact outside of eBay with Paypal. My brother and I have sent money to each other using Paypal.

This is a rusty hook of a scam if I have ever seen one.

My view (and experience) is that when someone comes with a divorce story there is a scam involved.

Know what you don't know.
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Post by zepplin »

I had very similar correspondence a while ago regarding a Land Cruiser on offer for R40k. The guy's name was Edward Featherstone - he was working in the 'bush' and the car was in a locked garage in Cape Town. I realized the scam early on so just had a little fun with him.

I had him pleading with me after I told him that I was looking for ten vehicles to start a 4x4 rental company! :yahoo:
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

It's a very well-known scam! Similar ads have been around for years, surprised it is still running, but then it must work for the scammers or else they would not still be using it.

Needless to say, simply walk away from it.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

I read more than one of these exact same stories. All of them was a scam. This a scam, stay away, or play with him and ask stupid questions to waste his time.
antlo69
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria North
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D, leveling kit, 17" with A/T BFg's, sadly stil some Tupperware, wish list growing by the day

Post by antlo69 »

This guys have been operting for years now and always have dodgy tel no's. Always the same story with the same replies.

He is cleaver in the sence that they almost make it obvious for the cleaver person to notice its a scam, so they target the "Gullible".

Caravans, cars, bakkies and even cellphones are been advertised by this guys (this weekend he advertised a 2010 Fortuner for R80k with R40K accesories on it).

A while ago I reported this guy to Junkmail and they said that they are aware of him, I think they find it difficult to block him as he usses different login info on a daily basis, making him difficult to stop.

Very simple, no item, no cash. And like the other say, if its to good to be true, walk away.

Secondly, be carefull when you are advertising especially in Gauteng. You will find guys making a EFT and you even get a sms "notification". DON'T. I was almost a victim of these kind of purchases a while ago.

These guys are very clever and are always one step ahead and always have a answer for any question. Just walk away!!!!
"Must be a Toyota, must be a diesel and must run on BFG's"
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Fernando play a bit with these guys.Maybe a risk but tell them you have cash and will courier the money to there address.You will prabaly get a address somewhere in Africa ;-) If it is in UK then you could get Interpol involve.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Dodging
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Golof

Post by Dodging »

Then send him a brick and make him pay postage
Nothing is impossible - it just costs more
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

jacques kotze wrote:I read more than one of these exact same stories. All of them was a scam. This a scam, stay away, or play with him and ask stupid questions to waste his time.

Thinking of having some fun, will post here if I do
Rafs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Bergbron
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4l

Post by Rafs »

Came across the same type of thing when I was looking for a Jeep...

Also the guy not in country, I cant view the car, 10 day money back guarentee... So I sent a few emails, he had a signature with a Namibian Contact (as he is now in Namibia), So I googled it and it turned out to be some foreign embassies number (the one in Namibia). I asked for Banking Details, and he said that a friend of him in SA will take the money on his behalf, and gave me the friends banking details....

The guy at some stage signed off the email with a different name...maybe he was not the brightest... but it seems like they all have the same story.
Image Link Broken
MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA
Club VHF Licence: X119

Post by MOFASA »

kfxnando wrote:
Thank you for your interest. The price is R25,000. This is the final price and there will be no additional charges. The motorhome looks and runs great. First of all I am selling the motorhome so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my new job and I just finished a divorce. I will stay here for 3 years so this is the reason why I want to sell the motorhome. I am a VerifiedTrader so the transaction will be done through eBay so we can both be protected. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address for delivery because as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure and eBay will notify you about this. eBay will send you an Invoice with all the info you need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the motorhome or if something will be wrong you will receive your money back in the same day without any charges from your side. Thanks

This sounds SOOOOOO close to a mail i recieved about 3 years ago for a Ski boat i was interested in buying and it was also so cheap that I just had to find out more....

After i recieved the mail stating that i could not see it but it would be delivered to me i knew it was a scam....

STAY AWAY.........
Live Life in the FAST lane....
Forget the past, Embrace the FUTURE!!!!
To 4x4 or not to 4x4 thats the question....
IT'S A JEEP :yahoo: ..... You wouldn't understand....
ImageImageImage[rimg=206x128]
stephanvaneeden
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2012 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4X4

Post by stephanvaneeden »

Het al dieselfde gekry vir 'n karavaan wat ek wou koop, presies dieselfde storie. Het toe verder op junkmail gaan kyk en merk toe op hy het 'n ander persoon se fotos gekopie gebruik.
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

I see there is a guy in the 4x4 classified paper advertising a 2011 d4d 4x4 Hilux for R100 000 or you can pay a R8000 dep and pay R3500 pm installments. Idiot!!
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

well decided to see how good I am at this, however me not very good at this BS!!

so hope I sound desperate enough!!

just sent him this!!
hi!!
eish feel bad about this!!
however I would realy love to have this vehicle for my weekends away, hell knows I need a break!!
however the wife(and you know how woman are) says if we can't see the vehicle then no deal
went to the bank half made a loan for the vehicle, provisionally approved, however the wife wants to crack
she say no way am I buying something without seeing it before
me desperate, and dont wish to loose the deal
if you could help with telling me where the vehicle can be seen, it would help greatly at bending the wife's arm to agreeing to this deal
hope the vehicle is still available, and hope you can help
lets see how this goes!! :laugh2:
got nothing to loose!! :cooldude:
Black Sam
Town: Mtunzini
Vehicle: Nissan Navara Pro 4x

Post by Black Sam »

Dis waarmee ek besig was, wat 'n "Bols-up"

eBay
Congratulations, Purchase Protection Granted. Please pay now!

Buy with confidence using eBay Motors!

Dear customer,
Please let us know if you'll manage to make the payment for Case ID GC128820382

For any questions please contact eBay Customer Support by click reply .
Regards,
Sarah Norton
Trust and Safety Department eBay Inc.
+44 0 8445893650.

Details for transaction #GC128820382
Item title: 2010 Toyota Fortuner 3.0D-4D 5 Speed 4x4
Sale price: R195,000.00
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: R195,000.00
Shipping & Handling: R0.00
Sale date: 25/03/2013
Totall price: R195,000.00

Seller: Maya Wagman
Buyer: Gert Wessel Louwrens
Seller address: 49 Pell Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 2NX, United Kingdom
Shipping address: 50 Hoog Street, Vryheid 3100, South Africa
Delivery time: 5-7 days

Die tuna het 60693km op, maar volgens Toyota het die spesifieke Tuna al sy 90 000km diens gehad.

Mense is weird.... :aggresive:
"LIFE'S A JOURNEY, ENJOY THE RIDE"
"WHERE THERE'S A 4X4....... THERE'S A WAY" .
"LEXUS - THE PURSUIT OF PERFECTION"
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 4X4 DC Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Post by WayneSchalk »

Be very careful this guy is very busy

have a look at this

http://www.reportacrime.co.za/CrimeReport.aspx?ID=3196

Big time fraudster!!!!
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by Die$eL »

Here is a challenge for you

instead of him scamming you, why not turn the tables

come up with some story about why he needs to pay you before you can get access to funds to pay him or something like that
Real drivers use three pedals
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

normaly he replies within an hr, after last night mail nothing!!

oh well, at least this serves as a warning to others!!

we were not happy with the situation from the word go. had we been able to see the vehicle, had it existed . . . . . . .

Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Jeep Commander 3.0 Limited
Club VHF Licence: B338

Post by Ali3n »

kfxnando wrote:normaly he replies within an hr, after last night mail nothing!!

we were not happy with the situation from the word go. had we been able to see the vehicle, had it existed . . . . . . .

It does exist hence the photos but does he own it is another story. :twisted:

1 has to be so so carefull ..
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED
ImageImageImage Link BrokenImageImage Link Broken
Custom built Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Belly protection.... Anything you can think of
Cell: 076 122 3744 E-Mail: fpanaino@gmail.com
Bear Grylls calls it "Ultimate Survival", overlanders call it "Camping"
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

Ali3n wrote:
kfxnando wrote:normaly he replies within an hr, after last night mail nothing!!

It does exist hence the photos but does he own it is another story. :twisted:

1 has to be so so carefull ..
true true!! :cooldude:

Return to “Open Discussion”