help needed with 3.0L 2004 KZTE

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
reitz2pa
Town: pretoria
Vehicle: hilux

help needed with 3.0L 2004 KZTE

Post by reitz2pa »

Good day all,

if there is someone close to Faerie Glen area that can maybe help. The engine light of the vehicle comes on while driving and then it feels like it is being strangled and lost of power. With this there is some what of a noise somewhere behind the dash or so it sounds. You have to turn of the engine at the side of the road and wait 1-2 min and then start up and drive on and then later is does the same . This exercise is costing me a fortune and it was in at 3 different places . And mommy is not happy with me and my trokkie. These days it is not good to stand next to the road with a broken vehicle. Someone mention it might be the controle unit/pump? But i need to know for sure because a spend a small fortune to fix everything up to now. the vehicle was sold to us under false pretenses . If i can only get this fix everything should be fixed.

if any body can pleas assist me and mail me at reitz2pa@yahoo.com
WESKUSKLONG
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: St Helena bay
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE with ARB front locker/Safari Snorkel / 33x12.5x15 tyres / Long range tank / Battery system / Thomas compressor/ 2Engel fridge freezers/Cruise Control.

Re: help needed with 3.0L 2004 KZTE

Post by WESKUSKLONG »

Wouter mine did that and it can be a few things
1. Crank sensor
2 Diesel pump
3. Ecu
In my case it was the ECU and the diesel pump R 20 000 later and its going strong .
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Hallo Wouter,

Begin deur die diesel filter te vervang, dit kan diesel starvation wees.

Soek ook die nommer vir Hoppy(Allan Venter) van AEW Auto op en bel hom - hy ken die trokkies baie goed.

Hou ons asb op hoogte!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
reitz2pa
Town: pretoria
Vehicle: hilux

Post by reitz2pa »

Baie dankie ek waardeer die help,

ek is net uithuisig en sal vroeg in April weer by huis wees dan sal ek terugvoering gee. Op die staduim het ons die dieselfilter vervang .Maar die liggie kom nog aan maar die kragverlies is weg .

hou julle op hoogte en weereens baie dankie.
klippe
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bronkhorstspruit
Vehicle: 2.5 D4D SRX 4x2

Post by klippe »

Wouter

Myne het dit ook gedoen en dit was die knock secor op die diesel pomp se drade wat nie lekker kontak gemaak het nie. Heel onder op die diesel pomp is plug met 2 drade, plug hom uit en maak hom skoon en kyk dan, myne se drade het net bo op die plug af gebreek en moes toe vervang met 2de handse plug van scrapyard af, daai drade hou nie maak nie saak hoe goed jy dit soldeer nie.Dis glad nie gemaklike plek om te werk nie want die spasie is beperk.'

Hoop jy kom vinnig reg en dit kos nie arm of been nie!!!

Return to “The Workshop”