Capetonians and wet weather driving

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Doctor V
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Land Cruiser FJ62 3F

Capetonians and wet weather driving

Post by Doctor V »

Just gotto love these bloody brilliant drivers in CPT. As soon as it rains, their brains turn to porridge and suddenly they drive 60 in the 120 zone, or they become Michael Schumacher! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So yesterday came back from Onrus in something of a monsoon. Not to bad as the Tuna is perm 4wd. And I know the BF AT's are actually good in the wet. So coming over Sir Lowry's pass the visibility becomes Zero and my hazards go on. And still, in that viz, some peeps go flying past me prob doing 100 AND without lights :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Mmmm just one idiot? No, quite a few. So then peeps always ask why that 18 wheeler never saw the car? :wth: :wth: :wth:

Saw this in the paper - Another Tuna bites the dust. Do we ever hear if Tunas that flip are just the normal 2WD or 4X4's?
Attachments
General 071.JPG
(243.64 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
'07 D4D Fortuner 4X4, OME with BF AT's
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Re: Capetonians and wet weather driving

Post by Hoppy »

Kapenaars kry water op die brein as dit reen, in Gauteng ry hulle elke dag so.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Capeys can't drive, wet or dry weather... in wet weather they just get worse.. :shock: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
KOBUSL
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: WOLSELEY
Vehicle: '96 HILUX 2.8 HILUX DC 3i BMW 540 RANCHERO UTE 4 Li

Post by KOBUSL »

Dan het ons beslis die natste plek op aarde :twisted:
Word te vinnig oud en te stadig wys.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Must say yesterday's weather was bad, non-stop rain till 8pm, from the evening before! And, as usual, the weather office predicts 30% chance of 6mm of rain... that was 100% chance of 20mm of rain at least! Driving conditions were very poor, so I can't understand why Capetonians then think they're Formula 1 drivers!
Doctor V
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Doctor V »

Must say, had an Idiot in a Defender 90 doing 120 behind me on the N2. No lights - could not see him in the spray. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

But like thys said - even in the dry some peeps are idiots. love it in the morning down Vissershok when @ least 5 cars sit behind trucks doing 50. and the are unable to pass -even when the line is not solid :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: . So here I look like the poepol passing everybody :evil: :evil: :evil:
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

It happens up here also :shock2: and I've always thought I have good eyesight, but sometimes it rains so hard I can't even see the white lines on the road, and then you still get a few idiots driving at high speed. What I have also picked up is that a lot of the times it is peeps with tinted windows, driving in heavy rain, at night wearing glasses nogal :shock2:

As to whether the Tunas that flip are 2x4 or 4x4 I wouldn't know, but what I have also reliased is that with the introduction of ABS, EBD, and SRS some peeps also justify that technology and not wear their seatbelts - not realising that all these systems work together.

I always laugh when I see people with the safety belt fastened behind their seats, in an effort to silence the seatbelt alarm.
Crazy :naah: and the worst is when both parents have their belts on and the child is standing between them holding onto the headrests.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

I went up Van Reenen's pass a couple of years ago, in mist that was so severe I barely felt comfortable travelling at 40-50 in the left hand truck lane. I had all my lights on, but the way people roared past me, trucks included, made me wonder if someone was not going to zap me from behind. Crazy - the guys probably know that stretch of road backwards, but if you can't see, then you can't see!!!!

This proves something I have always suspected - no one knows how to drive anywhere except for me! :mrgreen:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

:lmao:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Donkey wrote:It happens up here also :shock2: and I've always thought I have good eyesight, but sometimes it rains so hard I can't even see the white lines on the road, and then you still get a few idiots driving at high speed. What I have also picked up is that a lot of the times it is peeps with tinted windows, driving in heavy rain, at night wearing glasses nogal :shock2:

As to whether the Tunas that flip are 2x4 or 4x4 I wouldn't know, but what I have also reliased is that with the introduction of ABS, EBD, and SRS some peeps also justify that technology and not wear their seatbelts - not realising that all these systems work together.

I always laugh when I see people with the safety belt fastened behind their seats, in an effort to silence the seatbelt alarm.
Crazy :naah: and the worst is when both parents have their belts on and the child is standing between them holding onto the headrests.
This gets my blood boiling daily. And also when the mother holds the todler or baby on her lap :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
To God be the glory
Doctor V
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Doctor V »

Peeps with kids on their laps or standing in the car can expect a little hoot and finger from me :thumbup: :thumbup: And it ain't my thumb..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
KOBUSL
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: WOLSELEY
Vehicle: '96 HILUX 2.8 HILUX DC 3i BMW 540 RANCHERO UTE 4 Li

Post by KOBUSL »

Look like some idiots are blessed with X ray vision. Pity they can't see into the next day's obituaries of innocent people killed by their white line antics. :thumbdown:
Word te vinnig oud en te stadig wys.

Return to “Open Discussion”