!!! CIGGIES be GONE !!!

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Adventures4Christ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux d4d 3

Re: !!! CIGGIES be GONE !!!

Post by Adventures4Christ »

ThysJ..............So bek moet stroop kry.........give that man a bells...... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Blessings - Adventures4Christ - Dewald - http://shop.adventures4christ.com/
Gal 6:9 "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. . ."
Rom 10:15 "How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news (Gospel and Salvation)!"
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Toyota

Post by Gysie »

Dankie Thysie - dit is nogals waar as jy dit opbreek in ure dan voel jy nogals goed veral as jy by 5 ure kom en nog niks gerook nie.
Life does not consist of the cards you are dealt but in how you play the cards you are dealt!

http://www.gomad4x4.co.za
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2018 FJ Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

laat daai "goed voel" jou motivering wees om nog 'n uur uit te hou Ciske... :clap: :clap: en gaan sweis daar 'n bietjie aan my canopy. :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
Fired as CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2018 FJ Cruiser - #stofgevreet
1984 Mercedes 126 Black Widow Vernon Koekemoer Edition
email: thysdj@gmail.com

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

ThysdJ wrote:Here's my take on it...

The main problem with quitting is that the poor smoker gets so intimidated by the whole thing and everybody telling him/her how bad smoking is that he doesnt know where to begin. Usually non smoking friends are so keen to assist with advice and horror stories about how deadly smoking is, that the poor smoker gets totally overwhelmed by input. Smokers know exactly how bad smoking is for them. They live with that, believe it or not. They are not that ignorant. They also know that it is good to quit, both physically and financially, but they just dont know how to start the quitting process. The whole quitting process looms as large and as intimidating as Mount Everest!

You see, the biggest fear a smoker faces when quitting is failure. Not so much failure itself, as the retribution he is going to face from others (especially non smokers or ex smokers) on the outside, making him feel like a complete loser. Therefore a lot of people rather continue smoking than to run the risk of being branded as a failure. To quit smoking is hardly ever a big bang event. Yes some have managed that, but if it really was that easy all of us would be ex smokers. It is a hard slog, that needs to be taken hour by hour, before it is taken day by day. Once you are a few weeks in you can take it week by week. BUT most importantly, get over the first hurdle, the first hour!

Becoming an ex-smoker is actually all in the mind, getting around it mentally. What the smoker really needs to do is break the problem down in small managable chunks. Celebrate the small victories, and dont dwell on the stumbles along the way. Never see a stumble as a failure, but rather as an opportunity to try again, for longer this time. Small victories, will be the first hour then the first day. Should the smoker stumble in this time (have a smoke), the period of time that elapsed between his last smoke and the stumbling point is the victory. Concentrate on the positive, the number of smokes you DIDN'T have, rather than the one you had. Put the stumble behind you, move on and try to beat your previous victory. Always striving to better the time you can do without a smoke. Eating the elephant one bite at a time.

Crutches/Quitting Aids
Use crutches if that makes it easier for you. By all means use patches, sprays, gum etc. All these are healthier than smoking, even though it still feeds the "nicotine monster". Not everybody has the will power to quit cold turkey. It is easier weaning yourself off the crutch that off the smokes.

Remove all temptations
This works for me. Finish the last pack you bought. Do not leave smokes in the house, car, desk at work, or anywhere where it can tempt you. That means if you want to cheat, you have to go buy a pack, or bum a smoke from a buddy, who usually wont just give it to you if they are supportive of your attempt to quit. If there are smokes at hand, it just makes it more difficult to quit.

Keep yourself busy. The mind wanders a lot, and every now and then you get up to walk to where you would normally have a smoke (especially in the office if you smoke outside). I usually walk to the kitchen and get a drink of water, and use the Quit spray I have.

As I said before the first day is tough... I am having a very very tough 2nd day. But I know from experience that after the 3rd day it becomes easier. Seems such a short time (3 days) until you actually live those 3 days... damn it seems like everyminute lasts for an hour!!

The message to take away from this is to
1 ) break things down into managable chunks (hour by hour, day by day, week by week)
2 ) never feel you have failed if you stumble
3 ) know it is going to be hard, but not impossible
4 ) concentrate on the positive of what you have achieved
5 ) keep on trying until you get it right
6 ) make use of whatever you have available to kick the addiction
7 ) know you have a support group out here that will motivate and assist where they can.
This is applicable to more than just the smoking habbit... :thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

Remember when you put out your last cigarette, you are a proud non-smoker, do NOT feel that you are depriving yourself, but know that the monster no longer has you in its clutches and you are only depriving the addiction of its next fix when you are tempted to light up again... you become a non smoker the moment you cut off the supply of nicotine...
Baasvark
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

Hey Guys,

Soos hulle se - agter os kom ook inni kraal! :mrgreen:

Typical - and this has happened a few times - I joined the campaign to qiut and by monday morning I'd forgotten that I'd quit :shock: I'm just so used to my routine that it was lunch time before I remembered... :oops:

Anyhow, I think I'm no 7 on the list..Don't know how to post & edit the original post.

Well done to those who've stood strong thus far and Val - thanx for the advice, I must get that book!
Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

Donkey wrote:
GI Jane wrote:Hey it's all in the head.... When you understand that smoking is an addiction and not a bad habit, that the anxiety within is only the craving for the next smoke, and not factors around you, and that once you no longer feed the monster and it dies, the craving goes away. Every time you feed the monster it goes away momentarily, until you finish the smoke and then the anxiety and craving starts all over again. It is a vicious circle until you break the cycle... Let's break the cycle of nicotine addiction and stop feeding the governments koffers with the tax money from our cigarettes.....and the cigarette manufacturers with our hard earned money... it is in their best interests to keep us addicted.... but not in ours...
When I first read I was like yoh :shock2: , sorry couldn't resist :mocking:
Sorry Tumelo did'nt get what you meant initially, but now I see it...... that was no spelling error.... :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Sjoe, taking strain this morning..... Fortunately am not dropping children at school in this hectic Joburg traffic today... may be a potential road rage candidate.... How do you guys deal with traffic in Joburg... whew.. and all the road works... okay... breathe.. going to the gym, will probably be able to spin off the irritation...
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

GI Jane wrote:Sjoe, taking strain this morning..... Fortunately am not dropping children at school in this hectic Joburg traffic today... may be a potential road rage candidate.... How do you guys deal with traffic in Joburg... whew.. and all the road works... okay... breathe.. going to the gym, will probably be able to spin off the irritation...
So you thought I sat at the office from 05:30 till just after 18:00 because I have tooo... nope. I just hate traffic that much
To God be the glory
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

It's crazy... had to leave home yesterday at 6.45 to get the kids to school by 7.30, it took me almost 40 min in the traffic there and 10 min against the traffic home.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

GI Jane wrote:It's crazy... had to leave home yesterday at 6.45 to get the kids to school by 7.30, it took me almost 40 min in the traffic there and 10 min against the traffic home.
My travel time to the office is generally about 40min when there is no traffic. You can more than double that if I travel during rush hour and everything is still free flowing...

But back to the topic at hand.... stuck in traffic is possibly the worst places to be when you have just quit smoking and that is why Thys's post makes so much sense to get rid of all the cigarettes etc because if you are stuck in traffic and there is a packet in the car.....
To God be the glory
Royco
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: '09 D4D 3.0 Raider 4x4 D/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X88

Post by Royco »

Not trying to be mean (hehe :twisted: ), but when I drop the kids off, it takes me 10 min to work.
Otherwise just 4 min - and that's when the traffic light is red. :taunt:
Image Image Image Image
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

off topic!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thys de Jager

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

ThysdJ wrote:off topic!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Mmmm Thys is that snithcy, itchy, scratchy withdrawal.... sorry that was irritable me complaining about the traffic... So have raided my granddaughters lollipop stash, and am plowing through them at the moment.... they taste and smell much better than cigarettes ....
Bugzy
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Rustenburg
Vehicle: 2015 Hilux S/C 4X4 Dakar1996 2.8D s/c 4x4 Hilux with 3CT Toyota motor
Club VHF Licence: X56

Post by Bugzy »

Is almal van julle nog op track met die ophou rook? Onthou dit is OK om geirriteerd te word solank jy nie na 'n siggie gryp nie. BYT VAS!!!!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

hey, hope you are not all giving up the fight already. Have been trying to stop since the middle of December, and have stop-started for 2 months, don't give up if you have felt the need to have the odd cigarette, just keep working at it, you will win in the end. I am determined to beat this one, it's early in the race... :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg:
Just think how great it will be when your life is no longer dictated by when your next cigarette will be.........
C.R.Gillmans
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by C.R.Gillmans »

I have managed to manage my smoking over the years and have even stopped for up to two years at one time....obviously very addicted seeing I start again after such a long time, but my smoking is another story all together.
I have a book I strongly recommend reading. "The Nicotine Trick" by Neil Casey. It's a thin book for those of you who, like me, struggle to read anything that isn't "gripping" from page one. This book explains a totally different perspective on cigarettes and how they affect you physically and mentally, and gives you a few good methods to conquer your affliction. I highly recommend reading it for the knowledge contained in it's pages...whether it helps you stop or not, you'll be glad you read it!

BTW.....I'm two days minus a smoke...count me in...can't let my fellow Capetonians tackle such a monster task with so few!

1. Gysie - WP
2. Thys - WP
3. Val - GI Jane - WP
4. Jake - JHB
5. Estiaan - WP (I'm 7 days in: Last smoke Sunday 5 Feb 10pm ) lets do it!
6. Julian - WP
7. Hilton - WP
If it ain't broke...it don't have enough functions yet...

Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

BTW.....I'm two days minus a smoke...count me in...can't let my fellow Capetonians tackle such a monster task with so few!

Hilton thanks for joining - but you really dont need to pay VAT to join us- BTW :lol:

Anyway on the honesty part - I have smoked 9 siggies yesterday which is 51 less than my normal smoking day. day. I havent bought a packed in 3 days - thus I am still saving my money.

Sorry for the not quiting straight out but will continue until I have kick that monsters "donkey"

Big up to all of those that is still going strong and by the looks of it the lady is kicking our buts as always. Val you go girl - drive like a pro and now quites like a pro !!!

:boss: :boss:
Life does not consist of the cards you are dealt but in how you play the cards you are dealt!

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Hey, Gysie am taking strain as well..... I ended up having a smoke myself yesterday when I was ready to tear my hair out of my head.... This is definitely not a competition the only butt we are going to kick is the cigarette's butt.... I have been stop\ starting since I decided to give up in Dec last year so am only winning this war in millimetres not metres.... You are doing really well dropping from 60 to 9. Just have to keep telling myself it is something I really want to do.....
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

I might not be participating but see this as an endurance race or like the Dakar. You might have a few check points along the route but between those points you can take any route. The goal is to get to the finishing line no matter how you get there.

It does not matter how many time you fall, it matters how many times you get up.

Stay strong... Still praying for all of you
To God be the glory
Adventures4Christ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Hoe gaan dit met die manne, vandag, julle is almal ysters!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rom 10:15 "How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news (Gospel and Salvation)!"
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Dewald, you killed the ants yet? Keep going guys... remember tripping along the way is no reason to quit! Be strong and hang in there!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

I agree, not to compete with one another, but too encourage and support one another.... hey what about the others... how are you doing?
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

1. Gysie - WP
2. Thys - WP
3. Val - GI Jane - WP
4. Jake - JHB
6. Julian - WP
7. Hilton - WP
8. Mark

Well I drove to the shop and back without having a zaan.....believe me that was an achievement in itself :o:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hang in there Guy's!! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ROOFER
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

never smoked ,but I am behind you guys 110%, KEEP GOING ,KEEP GOING it's not how you start but how you finish!!!!!!!!
Adventures4Christ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Mr_B wrote:Dewald, you killed the ants yet? Keep going guys... remember tripping along the way is no reason to quit! Be strong and hang in there!
Hey Mr_B, no the little &**%^$ still busy taking my house, food and patience away bit by bit ;-) But decided this weekend it is nuke time ;-)

Yes guys "Stumbling is a given but falling and staying down is a choice!" YOU CAN DO IT
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Gysie wrote:BTW.....I'm two days minus a smoke...count me in...can't let my fellow Capetonians tackle such a monster task with so few!

Hilton thanks for joining - but you really dont need to pay VAT to join us- BTW :lol:

Anyway on the honesty part - I have smoked 9 siggies yesterday which is 51 less than my normal smoking day. day. I havent bought a packed in 3 days - thus I am still saving my money.

Sorry for the not quiting straight out but will continue until I have kick that monsters "donkey" :shock2:
Big up to all of those that is still going strong and by the looks of it the lady is kicking our buts as always. Val you go girl - drive like a pro and now quites like a pro !!!

:boss: :boss:
What did I do?
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
C.R.Gillmans
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by C.R.Gillmans »

Gysie...don't worry, it's like Thys said...don't sweat the small stuff...focus on the positive like GI Jane said...that's 51 less than most other days :thumbup:
Ek sukkel ook so bietjie, but if I can make it through a shift like yesterday without smoking, then I think I am doing pretty well so far!!!
So hang in there all, and take it in small steps...read the book " The nicotine Trick " it might just be the point of view you need to stop!
If it ain't broke...it don't have enough functions yet...

Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

Morning morning!

Still trying my best did 7 siggies yesterday. I have gone so far that I dug out my old scooter. So now when I need to get n bolt of something I use the scooter instead of my baby but atleast I cant smoke on the scooter. It normally costs me one smoke going to the hardware and one smoke back so there I have cut the monsters throat. Oja and this normally gets done at least 4 to 5 times a day so there is 8 servings gone from the monster. The Laaitie and me even use the scooter to go home so now i am even saving on fuel and smokes.

Anyway -thanks for all the support from all including the nonsmokers.

WE WILL WIN !!! :thumbup:

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Gysie wrote:Morning morning!

Still trying my best did 7 siggies yesterday. I have gone so far that I dug out my old scooter. So now when I need to get n bolt of something I use the scooter instead of my baby but atleast I cant smoke on the scooter. It normally costs me one smoke going to the hardware and one smoke back so there I have cut the monsters throat. Oja and this normally gets done at least 4 to 5 times a day so there is 8 servings gone from the monster. The Laaitie and me even use the scooter to go home so now i am even saving on fuel and smokes.

Anyway -thanks for all the support from all including the nonsmokers.

WE WILL WIN !!! :thumbup:
Give that man a Bells
To God be the glory
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Well done Gysie, that is amazing.... you are sounding very positive about it... I landed up smoking a cigarette again yesterday... Lit it up and after a drag, put it out and later lit it again, so landed up lighting one cigarette up 5 times, so it lasted the whole day.... Much better than having smoked 5.. Anyway am going to attempt a smoke free day today... Have to keep telling myself that it is what I want to do... just when the craving starts the excuses to not quit come thick and fast.... Even Allan Carrs logic and reasoning in his book start looking like drivel, when the withdrawal is at its worst... Sitting working at a computer most of the day makes it worse... because you light up without even thinking about it....
Willem01
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: het nie 1 nie

Post by Willem01 »

Aan al julle ciggies ouens en dames sterkte mag julle n rookvrye dag geniet...vanaf nie roker
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

Val - I am also on the light and kill stage - it works. I had a smoke last night 6 times. It really works. As long as I can keep it up then I will get it down to 2 smokes 20 times a day :lol: :lol:

I will win :aggresive:

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Am having a disastrous weekend.... social events and non-smoking have'nt gone down to well... going to have to recommit myself to the effort on Monday again.... Friday evening lost my sense of humour and left a social event early from irritation, and Sat evening decided to not lose my sense of humour and enjoy the evening. So its picking up again on Monday morning and hopefully being sufficiently committed to not smoking in spite of social events...
Adventures4Christ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Ok, guys I am ready, today is seeing the last few left in my pack, got myself "Quit" and not buying a pack again!!!! I made the list hehehe

1. Gysie - WP
2. Thys - WP
3. Val - GI Jane - WP
4. Jake - JHB
6. Julian - WP
7. Hilton - WP
8. Mark
9. Dewald - GP
Taljaag
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Secunda
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3D4D

Post by Taljaag »

Sit my naam op die lys.27/02/2012 IS DIT 7dae wat ek bid en vas byt.My laaitjie (18) vrae my hoekom rook n mens om later te wil suffer.George - MP

Life is Easy.....! It's the freakin' people that make it difficult!
Adventures4Christ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Nou ja hier kom dag drie sonder 'n stokkie :alvarin:
Nie die maklikste oudjie die nie, veral as dit storm weer om jou is, maar gaan die keer deur druk!!!

Hoe gaan dit met die ander non-smokers, raak die lus makliker om voor nee te se hehehehe
Tjokkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Heidelberg GP
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux D4D D/C 4x4 (no mods...yet), Hilux 3.0 KZTE D/C 4x4 with minor mods

Post by Tjokkie »

Ek hou erg duim vas vir julle ouens. Ek weet dis hel (het dit 'n hele paar keer probeer en ten einde laaste, nou 2 jaar 'skoon'), maar dis absoluut die moeite werd!!!!

Onthou net, as jou mind reg is, is daar NIKS wat jou kan stop nie!!!

Sterkte!!!!!
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

respect manne en dames respect, hou uit hou uit. julle kan want julle wil. dis net so moeilik soos julle dit maak
Pixel
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Toyota.... ahem... Prado

Post by Pixel »

Keep going Gents, we are all supporting you.
Some reasons to add to the motivation:

You want to see your daughter or grand daughter walk down the isle
You want to be able to hike up a dune when your son is a teenager and sandboard down next to him x 10.
To be around to spend your retirement years overlanding and living to the full instead of 6 foot under or worse wheezing on a ventilator.
You want to hold your grandson in your arms.
You want to be around to see and help your children / wife / family /best friend go through the joys and trials of life and not have to bid an early farewell.
To be that 78 year old that everyone looks up too because he / she is fit and well and looking 55.

From a non smoker (never have and am grateful for it) I thank you and encourage you.
One day when I am camping down wind of you the only smoke we will get is that of those lekker chops on your braai :thumbup: .
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Started off well and then totally lost the plot... had all the usual excuses for smoking the next cigarette, so pretty much have to start from scratch again... For those of you that have stopped and going strong, well done. I'm starting off at the bottom of the hill again.... but not giving up on giving up
Adventures4Christ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

GI Jane wrote:Started off well and then totally lost the plot... had all the usual excuses for smoking the next cigarette, so pretty much have to start from scratch again... For those of you that have stopped and going strong, well done. I'm starting off at the bottom of the hill again.... but not giving up on giving up
Val, if I look at some of those pics, you will know exactly what I mean when I say, some obstacles we need to redo, or try again in the 4x4 field, we don't always get them first time, even though we drive Hilux'se hehehehe, so put it in reverse, size it up and go for it again ;-)

We'll make it, like I said three days now but I have to basically lock myself up but this time I have to do it, I just know it is time ;-) Struggling with you and in 29 days we will all be smiling, they say that is how long it takes to break a bad habbit hehehe
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Well done Dewald that's such good news for you.... And about those obstacles, you're so right.. The right gear(mindset) and determination (momentum) does get you through.. thanks for the encouragement...
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

There is no easy way to say this but I crashed spectacularly about 3 days after I started. Gone down in flames, so to speak. :silent: :silent: It will be easy to blame a lot of circumstances, but I am not going to. At least I managed to cut down from "a-pack-a-day" to "a-pack-every-2-days"...

Quitting is going to happen, but I sense it is not going to be right now... Kopskoonmaaktyd... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well done to you guys who are still holding out.... Gysie?? waa's jy?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

Transkalahari515
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Honeydew
Vehicle: 06 Hilux 4x2 Levelled suspension, RV replacement bull bar, on board compressor, 31 inch Wranglers, a spade and a good attitude

Post by Transkalahari515 »

Hi All :wave:

They say that if you write something down it becomes a fact....

So, a day after my 33rd birthday and after alot of trepidation and thought, i want to add my name to the list :o:

I really hope having this group of people around to give a bit of support will help and to be able to give encouragement when i can as well :beg:

So , after 17 odd years of smelling like an ashtray, when i go to sleep that will be my last :beg: :banned:

Revs up, diff lock on, 2nd gear and gently on the clutch :aggresive:
Here goes :bye:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Welcome David the more of us that are there to support and encourage one another the better.....
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

ThysdJ wrote:There is no easy way to say this but I crashed spectacularly about 3 days after I started. Gone down in flames, so to speak. :silent: :silent: It will be easy to blame a lot of circumstances, but I am not going to. At least I managed to cut down from "a-pack-a-day" to "a-pack-every-2-days"...

Quitting is going to happen, but I sense it is not going to be right now... Kopskoonmaaktyd... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well done to you guys who are still holding out.... Gysie?? waa's jy?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
CasKru wrote:I might not be participating but see this as an endurance race or like the Dakar. You might have a few check points along the route but between those points you can take any route. The goal is to get to the finishing line no matter how you get there.

It does not matter how many time you fall, it matters how many times you get up.

Stay strong... Still praying for all of you
:thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
Transkalahari515
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: 06 Hilux 4x2 Levelled suspension, RV replacement bull bar, on board compressor, 31 inch Wranglers, a spade and a good attitude

GI Jane wrote:Welcome David the more of us that are there to support and encourage one another the better.....

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Transkalahari515
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Gysie wrote:Morning,

to all of you who don't know - this is the stop smoking support group. Please if you wish to stop smoking put your name on the list. For those who wish to support us please do and to those who wants to laugh at us be warned.

As of 8h23 we will smoke our last one.

1. Gysie - WP
2. Thys - WP
3. Val - GI Jane - WP
4.Transkalahari 515( as of 1st March :thumbup: GP
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

1. Gysie - WP
2. Thys - WP
3. Val - GI Jane - WP
4. Jake - JHB
6. Julian - WP
7. Hilton - WP
8. Mark
9. Dewald - GP
10. Transkalahari515 (as of 1st March :thumbup: GP

Updated list

Lets do it
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by Gysie »

Hello,

I crashed and burnt so hard that the insurance wrote me off for scrap. Insurance payout was enough to recover. :twisted: :lol:

Smoking one pack a day instead of 3 packs easy a day.

Stopping is still my main aim. I have gotten into the habit of before I light one to ask myself do I really need one right now. 8/10 times I decide not to take one - so hopefully one of these days I will go through the day without taking one.

Thysie - ek weet nie meer nie ons sal nou moet serious plan maak!!! :twisted:

Adventures4Christ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Is it just me but day three and I can hardly keep my eyes open, I am tired and just want to sleep as if nicotine was more of an energizer hehehehe

Anyway, I'm still impressed, this is the longest I've gone without my fix and on top of that I am still drinking my coffee, talking about torch er!!!!!!

Ek gaan 'n vloermoer gooi, meskien skrik die nicotine monster so groot hy hardloop sommer weg :tease: :tease: :tease:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Gysie wrote:Thysie - ek weet nie meer nie ons sal nou moet serious plan maak!!! :twisted:
Daais maklik tjomma!! Wanneer jy die volgende enetjie wil vat loop sweis net so bietjie aan my canopy... Hy moet Vrydag klaar wees!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Adventures4Christ wrote:Is it just me but day three and I can hardly keep my eyes open, I am tired and just want to sleep as if nicotine was more of an energizer hehehehe

Anyway, I'm still impressed, this is the longest I've gone without my fix and on top of that I am still drinking my coffee, talking about torch er!!!!!!

Ek gaan 'n vloermoer gooi, meskien skrik die nicotine monster so groot hy hardloop sommer weg :tease: :tease: :tease:
Ja, day three is die swaar dag, daai ou nicotine monster sien jy is ernstig...
Transkalahari515
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Hi All

That was the longest work day ive had in years , i must confess though :o:
I cracked at about 2pm and had half a cig. :blackeye: :banned:

But thats down from 20 - 25 a day. :shock2:

Just got to make it through dinner tonight :alvarin:

Biltong and sweet sucking has increased dramatically. :roll:

Keep going everybody,

Also , read today that cranberry juice eliminates upto 80% more nicotine from your system than water.

Will try find the link and post tomorrow,

The road is long and hard but we are just like our vehicles ,

The best and most capable ever made, keep it up everyone. :beg: :bye:
IVY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Knysna
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: Skillie

Post by IVY »

Hi Guys

Want a way to stop smoking ask your doctor about Champix. You only get it from a doctor. It works and no feelings of killing some one. I am on day 16 and have gone down from 40 to 5 per day without wanting more. I still have 2 months to get it down to 0.
My wife has gone from 30 to 2 in the same time.

Good luck to us all. :thumbup:
If you are going to spend 40% of your live in a car then spend it in a Toyota.
Baasvark
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

Hi Guys,

I've been "net"less for a while so I couldn't partake in all the discussions.

It looks as if this topic has gone gone a little quite lately.......????

Anyway, I pledged to stop right in the beginning. The first two weeks proved to me that I would be unable to quit cold turkey so I went and got myself some Champix. After all, I am serious about quitting.

Anyhow, I've been smoke free for 7 days now. While I'm still in the beginning stages - I won't go back to smoking!!!

We've all done the calculation on what smoking cost us, but here's one that really changed my mind for me: How many cig's have you smoked in your life? At 50/day for 11 years I've smoked at least 200 000 cigarettes! :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

So there it is, if the cost doesn't motivate you to stop, do the other calculation - it worked for me.

Hope you guys are standing strong and if quitting cold isn't working, get the pills. Quitting is more important than how you quit.
Good luck :cool:
Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
Taljaag
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Secunda
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3D4D

Post by Taljaag »

Ek het nou al vir 20 dae op gehou met rook.Kan iemand vir my raad gee vir sooibrand.Ek het dit nog nooit gehad nie.Nou kry ek dit vandat ek op gehou rook het.

Life is Easy.....! It's the freakin' people that make it difficult!
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Taljaag wrote:Ek het nou al vir 20 dae op gehou met rook.Kan iemand vir my raad gee vir sooibrand.Ek het dit nog nooit gehad nie.Nou kry ek dit vandat ek op gehou rook het.
Het jy Rennies suig tabletta al probeer.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”

Return to “Open Discussion”