Unplanned Road Trip Trough "Baviaanskloof" and "The Hell"

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Unplanned Road Trip Trough "Baviaanskloof" and "The Hell"

Post by Johannes van die See »

Here goes my first "Trip Report"

My family and I joined the Western Cape group for the year end function GTG at Caledon "Voorhoede"
This weekend was once again a fun filled weekend where we had a good time with old friends and also got to make
a few new friends. Little did we know what was lying ahead after this weekend as we didn't plan to leave home for more than 3 days. it was only on the Sunday morning that we decided to hit the road and just keep on going.
Thanks to Allan "Hoppy" and Suzzette giving us some info on Baviaans Kloof and "The Hell" we decided to head that way.
We weren't in a hurry at all so we joined Stubs and the crew at Gecko in Hermanus for a nice lunch and thereafter we
booked into "Onrus" campsite for Sunday night.

Lets start with some pickchazzzz :thumbup:
Starting with one or two picks on the Voorhoede trail, this weekend was n good start to a nice getaway.

After leaving Voorhoede we went to Gecko for Lunch and then checked into Onrus Campsite for Sunday evening.
Stubs joined us for a nice evening braai and a few cold ones to end of the lekke weekend.

That night the soldier decided to sleep underneath the stars, or should I say, his lux, :mocking:
Thanks for joining us buddy, looking forward to next time :thumbup:

On Monday morning we decided to hit the road towards Barrydale and head for "Ronnies Sex Shot" and stop over at "Warmwaterberg" We went over the "Tradouw Pass" and enjoyed lunch at a picnic site with a beautiful view.

Only after we had lunch we spotted this nice picnic area and had to stop for some picks.

Departing form Tradouw Pass we entered Barrydale but did not stop for any photo's as we got distracted by a road block, so we headed on towards "Ronnies Sex Shop" and yes, I had to enjoy at least one "cold one". We also took advantage of the opportunity and wrote our names on the wall.

Not far from "Ronnies Sex Shop" we had to turn left towards "Waremwaterberg Resort" where we planned to relax for the afternoon and sleep over for the night. This is a nice resort with hot and cold swimming pools, small shop, restaurant (which is very cheap and serve to much food on the plate), and beautiful Peacocks roaming the area.

Tuesday morning we got up, had breakfast, then we headed for Oudtshoorn, we took the R62 Western Cape Tourism road trough Ladysmith and Calitzdorp. Arriving at Oudtshoorn we went to the information center and got all the info we needed to keep us busy for the day. We started off with a visit to the "Cango Wildlife Rance" just out of town. This is a must see for all.
The ranch have a wide range of animals but concentrate more in Cheetah, Leopards and Tiger breading.

After completion af our guided tour trough the ranch we drove to the Cango Ostrich Farm where we had lots of fun. I wanted to ride an ostrich but there is an 75kg weight limit so Bianca had to stand in for me... :lmao:

Leaving the Cango Ostrich Farm we rushed towards the Cango Caves to make it in time for a tour trough the caves, little did we know that they offer two different tours, a Standard Tour and a Adventure Tour, so we bought tickets for the Adventure Tour without knowing this was a bad idea for claustrophobic people. My daughter didn't like the small dark holes so much so only my son and I finished the complete Adventure Tour, it was great fun!

Enough for one night, the trip report will continue tomorrow. :thumbup:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Unplanned Road Trip Trough "Baviaans Kloof" and "The Hel

Post by Mud Dog »

Nice, Johannes! Those impromptu / unplanned trips are always the best!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Was the "Old man Crocodile Dundee" with the croc teeth in his hat still there at the croc ranch giving guided tours?

Cango and the ostrich farm are always a great tour.

;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Re: Unplanned Road Trip Trough "Baviaans Kloof" and "The #He

Mud Dog wrote:Nice, Johannes! Those impromptu / unplanned trips are always the best!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Was the "Old man Crocodile Dundee" with the croc teeth in his hat still there at the croc ranch giving guided tours?

Cango and the ostrich farm are always a great tour.

;-)
No "Old Dundee" dude there no. ;-)
Image Link Broken
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Seems like you had a lot of fun and a lekka drive
To God be the glory
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Okay lets carry on.....

From the Cango Caves we left for a kids fun park called "Wilgewandel" it was quite close to the caves and
we wanted to spoil the kids a bit. Didn't spend much time there as it was close to closing up time.
There wasnt much to do as we were a bit late.

My original plan was to sleep over at "The Hell" but time was not on our side as I would have had to drive the pass at night, not n good idea! We opted for the "Cango Mountain Resort" campsite which is also quite close to the caves. In total there were two campers including us so we had the pool en ablution all to ourselves, nice! For under R200 a night this was n nice stop over.

Early the next morning we packed and left for Willowmore where we planned to get all the needed info for Baviaanskloof.
Unfortunately the Information Center didn't help much, we got more info ont the other side after we completed the trial.
According to the info center the trial takes 7 hours to complete, which is just about correct as we left Willowmore just past 11H00 AM and ended at the eastern entrance just before 19H00 PM.
It wasn't our intentions to do the trial in one day, we would have loved to spend two days on the trial but things didn't work out that way.
We passed most of the resorts and campsites, just taking photo's of the main Baviaans trial and planned to spend our first night at a resort called Dooringkloof Boskamp. This camp is just about in the middel af the trial, our plan was to spend the second night in the reserve. On the way to Doringkloof we found only one arts and crafts shop to be open, unfortunately they didn't have much to offer.

Next stop would have been "Babes se Kafee", no answer :(

We hoped to find "Bakkrans" open, sorry no answer again, :( :(
This was very strange as we did this trial on a Wednesday. Bakkrans is also supposed to supply fuel, and dop, when open :evil:

Arriving at Dooringkloof Boskamp I got my first flat tyre and had to stop for repairs. Didn't swap with the spare as I found to my surprise that my wheel spanner didn't fit the wheel nut holding the spare in place on my wheel carrier, so I had to take out the "Snotprop Kit" and do the repair myself. No problem :thumbup:
We entered the beautiful campsite and selected a good spot for the evening, once again the only people on the site, nice! Then before we could stretch our legs a bus and two bakkies rushed in, about 40 people jumped out with towels and rug sacks and occupied all the ablution blocks in the campsite. My 7 year old daughter needed a toilet badly and we had to beg for her to jump the line to be able to use a toilet. That just put me off completely so we got back into my lux and left, planning to sleep over in the Nature reserve which wasn't to far away.

Arriving at the Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve entrance we were informed that we couldn't sleep over in the reserve as we didn't make a booking, bummer :evil:
We decided to enter anyway and complete the trial and spend more time on the east coast.
The Nature Reserve trial is a very nice and scenic trial with a view shallow river crossings and some animals to see.
Very nice mountain ranges and a nice gravel road mountain pass closer to the eastern entrance.

Exiting the Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve on the eastern side we camped over at the Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve Komdomo which also only had one other visitor at that time. It got dark quickly so photo's are few but this is a very nice campsite and worth visiting. This was the end of our Baviaanskloof trial, a bit disappointing but next time we'll plan it, we didn't do any planning on this trip and as mentioned before, Willowmore information center didn't help much.

Thursday morning we packed up camp and headed for Patensie, more about the rest of the trip coming soon.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Link Broken
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Mooi fotos, lyk my die kids het dit geniet.
Dis vir my n baie "special" deel van die land, ek is sommer lus en pak op, my batteries kort n goeie "recharge".
Waar's die Baviaans?
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Hoppy wrote:Mooi fotos, lyk my die kids het dit geniet.
Dis vir my n baie "special" deel van die land, ek is sommer lus en pak op, my batteries kort n goeie "recharge".
Waar's die Baviaans?
Allan dit is te danke aan julle dat ons die mooi plek gesien het, as ek kon sou ek ook nou weer pak en ry, nou weet ek hoe om dit reg te beplan. Dankie vir die info wat julle ons kon gee! Die Hell se fotos kom nog, :thumbup:
Image Link Broken
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Hoppy wrote:Waar's die Baviaans?
Didn't you read... between Willowmore and Patensie! :twisted:

Lovely report OoomVanDieSee... I want to go back!
swartvark
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: SFA HiLEX V8; Suzuki GSF1200s Bandit

Post by swartvark »

ek jik ook al lankal om terug Baviaanskloof toe te gaan. Ons het laas sommer in een van die grotte oornag. Baie nice. :thumbup:
MUD........GLORIOUS MUD!!!!!

Your friendly VW salesperson......(with a passion for SFA Hiluxes)

NEED A CAR?
talk2tiaan@gmail.com
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Patensie wasn't to far from where we camped and as with all other places we visited the first thing to do was to find a shop that sells memorabilia, my wife decided to collect fridge magnets from every town we visited so it was a mission every time we entered a new town to find these things, :laugh2:
First shop was Padlangs but they could help us so we went to Tolbos, this arts and crafts shop is also the information center for Baviaanskloof on the eastern side and they provided us with much more information than what we got in Willowmore.
The friendly ladies also suggested a nice gravel road towards Uitenhage instead of using the boring tar roads, so thats exactly what we did, off-road, heehaa!

Elandsrivier turnoff with a 80km gravel road to Uitenhage

Entering Uitenhage Bianca took n pick of this donkey cart on the sidewalk, we went to Midas for the correct size socket to remove my spare wheel from the carrier in case of emergency, then we had n meal at Wimpy and left Uitenhage towards Port Elizabeth.
PE is most definitely a place I'm not interested in seeing ever again, to big, to dirty, to busy, not my scene, but we stopped for a quick photo anyway.
Uitenhage

PE

From PE we left for Jeffreysbaai.....
Image Link Broken
Stubs
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Onrusrivier Hermanus
Vehicle: 89, Hilux D/cab 3.0L V6 Ford !!

Post by Stubs »

Nice one Johan, I should have followed you :lmao: njoyed the camp at Onrus, made for a lekker long weekend camp for me !!! brilliant..... :yahoo:
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Jeffreysbaai was one of the highlights of the trip.
The campsite was cheap, R160 for a beach front stand in season, that is unheard of.
The wind was howling all along the coast but that did't bother us, used to it living on the Westcoast, hehe.
The kids had a jol on the beach and the scenery from out of the rooftop tent was just breathtaking.

After breakfast we were on the road again, Tsitsikamma towards Plettenbergbaai.

Now this is quite funny, the kids picked up on us collecting information pamphlets for the trip, they started their own collection and planned their own trip as well, :laugh2:
As we left Plettenbergbaai my son scanned trough is pack of info leaflets and informed us about an "Advernture Park" just out of Plett, so we decided to give it a visit and yip, we had great fun there.

From Plettenbergbaai we followes the Garden Route all the way to Knysna which I visited 12 years ago and it was my families first visit so we had to stop for some photos and memorabilia.

From Knysna we followed the N2 towards Hartenbos were we planned to stay over for Friday night.
Arriving at Hartenbos I was shocked to find out that they charged R540 for a tent stand, we paid anyway but upon arrival at the site we were stared upon as if we were animals from the zoo, this is why I hate using campsites accessible to "plat kar" and caravan owners, so we went back to reception, got our money back and went to Mosselbaai where we stayed over at another campsite which was much cheaper and had a bit more space and privacy.

The Saterday morning we got up early and as per normal had to go search for a arts and crafts shop to buy fridgemagnets, :crazy: Luckily the friendly artists opened their shop for us much earlier than normal and Bianca got so spend some moola.

Leaving Mosselbaai we followed the R328 back to Oudtshoorn as I had to do the "The Hell" trip before heading back home.
Entering Oudtshoorn we did some groceries shopping and left for the "Swartberg Pass"

The road down to "The Hell" was only built in 1962, before that people used donkeys.
From the Gamkaskloof turnoff it takes about 2 hours to complete the trial safely, this was seriously one of the most exciting trails I have ever done. For most of the 2 hours down the mountain pass into "The Hell" it is a complete adrenalin rush. Very narrow "twee spoor padjie" with steep cliffs and rock faces. Quite scary most of the way, so bad it had my wife in tears for quite some time. Jammer engel. :taunt:
More information about the history can be viewed here. http://www.diehel.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey we did some washing in the Hell, hehe, didn't dry out as quick as I expected :D:

Ablution is very clean and neat, one block as two toilets and two showers, one toilet and shower dedicated to one camping stand, so you have your own private ablution, very cool.

Our coolest family photo ever, taken in "The Hell" :shh:

Guesthouse and Kiosk of the last remaining permanent residents in the Gamkaskloof.

First vehicle taken into "The Hell" was done in 1958 by making use of donkeys, wonder how often they had to go fetch fuel in the nearest town, :laugh2:

6km Further down into the kloof you'll find a nice river crossing followed by the Ouplaas Information Center and Museum, worth visiting when you're down in "The Hell"

After visiting the Ouplaas Information Center we took the mountain pass back to civilization, this time round Bianca knew what to expect so no more tears but it was still scary!
It was a overcast Sunday morning with much cooler weather than what we had on Saturday.

We completed the "The Hell" trip without any damage or injury and started the final leg of our journey towards the Westcoast.
My plan was to overnight at Matroosberg but everyone else were tired after 2500km of unplanned road trip excitement, so we followed the Matjiesrivier gravel road between Swartberg pass and Calitzdorp.
Thereafter it was back on the R62 to Ladismith, Barrydale, Montagu and the last stretch trough Worcester and back to the Westcoast.

Home

And that concludes my trip report on our unplanned trip trough Baviaanskloof and The Hell.
We covered about 2500km of the most beautiful area of the Eastern Cape and Western Cape , went trough about 40 towns and cities and our Hilux brought us home safe without any issues except for two flat tyre's.

My 2.7i Hilux was loaded and gave me an average of 6.2km/L fuel consumption at an average speed of 80-90km/h

Camping fees ranged between R130 and R280 per night

If there is other information anyone would like to have I will gladly try to assist.

Thanks to everyone at the Voorhoede weekend that helped with information and ideas to assist us with this trip.
We had great fun and look forward to our next trip, unfortunately I couldn't join 0000MS on the Namibia trip but this short trip did make up for the loss.

Till next time, :thumbup:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Link Broken
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Jis... ek is mos nou seriously besig om ernstig jaloers te raak hier :D: :D:
To God be the glory
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

CasKru wrote:Jis... ek is mos nou seriously besig om ernstig jaloers te raak hier :D: :D:
:laugh2:
Na die trip report is ek seriously lus om weer te pak en ry, dit is darem maar lekker!
Image Link Broken
Racing snake
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Fortuner

Post by Racing snake »

Thanks Johannes. Fantastic report and brilliant pics. We are going to have to make a plan to go there.
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

:thumbup:
Last edited by Hoppy on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aev@iburst.co.za
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Baie nice, die baviaans se mense is nie gretige besigheids-mense nie, hulle werk soos en waneer hulle wil, as jy onbeplan ry moet jy maar heeltemal selfvoorsienend wees, ons het al drie dae op plekke daar gekamp en weer aangery sonder om n mens te sien, wonderlik!

Daar is heelwat roetes wat jy kan ry wat uit die baviaans loop, maar ek sal dit nie vir n enkel voertuig aanbeveel nie.

PS: Ek het die Hel en die Baviaans al verskeie kere gedoen met my 2x4 KZTE, jy het nie n 4x4 nodig tensy jy van die trails wil doen.
aev@iburst.co.za
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Brilliant report, Johannes!! Your photos are great!

One day, I will take some photos around Klerksdorp... lessee... we got Mine dumps... mealie fields... more Mine dumps... more mealie fields... !!

No mountains, only Mine dumps (I might have mentioned this before) :mrgreen:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Kaspaas
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 1998 Land Cruiser 105series GX

Post by Kaspaas »

DAAANG Johannes, dit lyk erg cool! :thumbup:
Sit mos nou weer myle ver weg van daai wêreld! :(
1998 Toyota land Cruiser 105 series. 4.2 D

"I am human, I make mistakes, and that is okay, I have my own permission."
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Allan

My gat het so gebrand om van die trials langs die Baviaans af te doen maar dit was juis omdat ek alleen was dat ek nie die kaans kon vat nie. Ek sal graag eendag minstens n week lank in die Baviaans alleen wil spandeur en die roetes een vir een gaan doen, maar daarvoor moet mens n groep van 2 of drie wees, meskien moet mens so iets beplan, ek sal verseker in wees!

Die Hel roete word daagliks met 2x4 plat karre gery maar dit is daai hoogtes wat so vreus aanjaend is en met my lang wa moes ek sekere plekke amper n drie punt draai maak om om n haarnaald te kon beweeg. Ek dink die idee dat my lux bietjie top heavy is het my ook meer senuagtig gemaak, maar elke oomblik daarvan was opwindend en lekker.
Image Link Broken
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Family_Dog wrote:Brilliant report, Johannes!! Your photos are great!

One day, I will take some photos around Klerksdorp... lessee... we got Mine dumps... mealie fields... more Mine dumps... more mealie fields... !!

No mountains, only Mine dumps (I might have mentioned this before) :mrgreen:

-F_D
Eric
I was born and raised in Carletonville, same scenery as Klerkies!
It was an easy decision to make when I left that place for ever and moved to the Westcoast.
Join us in the Cape! :thumbup:
Image Link Broken
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Kaspaas wrote:DAAANG Johannes, dit lyk erg cool! :thumbup:
Sit mos nou weer myle ver weg van daai wêreld! :(
Ou maat Kaspaas gaan die wereld mis, jou moet hom maar bring vir n visit! :laugh2:
Image Link Broken
Bulletjie-3
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux Raider SFA met 7M-GE engine

Post by Bulletjie-3 »

Dankie vir die lekker trip verslag Johan. Dis darem baie mooi wereld daai. Eendag is eendag ......
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2018 FJ Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Mooi trippie wat julle gery het Johan, ek sal die fotos later kyk, kannie dit op die connection sien nie. Ons is self al 'n paar keer daar deur, en die laaste keer toe ons uit Die #Hel uit weggetrek het, het dit gesneeu!! Mens moet ten minste 3 nagte in die Baviaans spandeer.. net om daardie stilte te ervaar en een te word met die natuur!! Fantasties.... O ja en dan skree daar skielik 'n bo-jaan agter jou en jy was heelnag lank onderklere... :twisted: :twisted:

PS: Kaspaas is nou daar waar hy op sy gelukkigste is.. in die rooi duine.. :lol: :lol: Ek volg binnekort.. :lol: :lol:
Thys de Jager
Fired as CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2018 FJ Cruiser - #stofgevreet
1984 Mercedes 126 Black Widow Vernon Koekemoer Edition
email: thysdj@gmail.com

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Kaspaas
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 1998 Land Cruiser 105series GX

Re: Unplanned Road Trip Trough "Baviaanskloof" and "The Hell

Post by Kaspaas »

Ou Thys jy weet mos! :lol:
Hoor hier, Ek onthou nou eers jy is mos oorspronklik van die wêreld! Marydale as ek reg onthou? :think:

Kan nie wag vir 2012 om te begin nie. Hier is n paar Rooies wat moet plat kom! :twisted:
1998 Toyota land Cruiser 105 series. 4.2 D

"I am human, I make mistakes, and that is okay, I have my own permission."
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2018 FJ Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Kaspaas wrote:Hoor hier, Ek onthou nou eers jy is mos oorspronklik van die wêreld! Marydale as ek reg onthou? :think:
My voorvaders ja.. ek is daar in Marydale gedoop... maar ons kom terug.. gee kans.. :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
Fired as CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2018 FJ Cruiser - #stofgevreet
1984 Mercedes 126 Black Widow Vernon Koekemoer Edition
email: thysdj@gmail.com

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Lekker raport en fotos Johan :thumbup: . As julle nou van Uitenhage bietjie verder gery het, sou hule by my uitgekom het! :twisted:

;-)

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Lekker Trip report :dance1: hoe ry jy dan so see langs sonder jou stokke :wink2:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

george wrote:Lekker Trip report :dance1: hoe ry jy dan so see langs sonder jou stokke :wink2:
Jis tjom daai was moeilik, maar ek het n deal met my vrou aan gegaan, geen hengel op die trip maar as ek terug is by die huis dan is dit net krief en vis, nou speel die weer teen my.
Image Link Broken
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Mud Dog wrote:Lekker raport en fotos Johan :thumbup: . As julle nou van Uitenhage bietjie verder gery het, sou hule by my uitgekom het! :twisted:

;-)
Andy I wanted to visit you, thought you were in PE but when Pieter informed me that you live in East London
I gave it a miss. Sorry oom!
Image Link Broken
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Johannes van die See wrote:
george wrote:Lekker Trip report :dance1: hoe ry jy dan so see langs sonder jou stokke :wink2:
Jis tjom daai was moeilik, maar ek het n deal met my vrou aan gegaan, geen hengel op die trip maar as ek terug is by die huis dan is dit net krief en vis, nou speel die weer teen my.
Ja-nee die weer is TOS.Dit het wragtig gehael vanoggende :thumbdown:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Johannes van die See wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:Lekker raport en fotos Johan :thumbup: . As julle nou van Uitenhage bietjie verder gery het, sou hule by my uitgekom het! :twisted:

;-)
Andy I wanted to visit you, thought you were in PE but when Pieter informed me that you live in East London
I gave it a miss. Sorry oom!
Next time! ;-)

Anders poep jy! :twisted:

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Thanks Johan. Fantastic trip report and brilliant pictures. We are all jealous as we are unable to tour. I am actually green with envy.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
3 Blind Monkeys
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: cape town
Vehicle: 2.8GD6

Post by 3 Blind Monkeys »

Baie nice trip report Johan, ons gaan baviaans toe die 26ste en na jou report kan ek nie wag nie. :yahoo: As daar nog iemand van die forum daar gaan wees daai tyd kan ons gerus een van die 4x4 roetes saam aanpak.
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

nice report Johan en mooi fotos. Ek wil hier by Maart volgende jaar die Hel doen. Gee gou bietjie advies. Ek wil die vrydag ry tot by Prins Albert en daar oorbly. Dan wil ek die saterdagoggend die hel in en daar oorbly. Sondag wil ek dan weer uit Kaap toe. Dink jy mens kan dit so in 'n naweek doen? Ek besluit nog of ek moet kamp in die hel en of ek moet uitvind oor akkomodasie by die plaaslike mense. Ek is seker daar sal so iets wees.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Nice report Johann, wil self Baviaans trippie doen asook die hel.
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Gideonvanzyl wrote:nice report Johan en mooi fotos. Ek wil hier by Maart volgende jaar die #Hel doen. Gee gou bietjie advies. Ek wil die vrydag ry tot by Prins Albert en daar oorbly. Dan wil ek die saterdagoggend die #hel in en daar oorbly. Sondag wil ek dan weer uit Kaap toe. Dink jy mens kan dit so in 'n naweek doen? Ek besluit nog of ek moet kamp in die #hel en of ek moet uitvind oor akkomodasie by die plaaslike mense. Ek is seker daar sal so iets wees.
Gideon
Goeie more, weet jy as ek weer die hel sou doen sou ek die vrydag oggend vroeg uit Langebaan ry dan is mens voor donker daar en het klaar kamp op geslaan. Ek het van die hel af terug gery Langebaan toe in onder 8 uure maar ek het rustig gery en nog oor gestop vir iets eet en stalletjies ook beloer.
Daar is wel akomodasie in die hel, bespreuk dit maar vooruit, hulle kan per internet of telefonies gekontak word.
Jy sal dit geniet!
Image Link Broken
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Niel wrote:Nice report Johann, wil self Baviaans trippie doen asook die #hel.
Niel
Voor jy net Baviaans toe ry, dink daaraan om dit dalk n klein groeps trip te maak dan kan mens gerus
van die trails in die Baviaans ook doen, ek sou wou terug gaan vir die roetes.
Image Link Broken
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Ai dit lyk sommer lekker Johannes. Ek is lus en ry gou vroeg volgende jaar daar deur wanneer ek Montagu toe gaan.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

Goeie more, weet jy as ek weer die #hel sou doen sou ek die vrydag oggend vroeg uit Langebaan ry dan is mens voor donker daar en het klaar kamp op geslaan. Ek het van die #hel af terug gery Langebaan toe in onder 8 uure maar ek het rustig gery en nog oor gestop vir iets eet en stalletjies ook beloer.
Daar is wel akomodasie in die #hel, bespreuk dit maar vooruit, hulle kan per internet of telefonies gekontak word.
Jy sal dit geniet![/quote]

Dankie Johan, dit klink na 'n plan.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
Buff
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: D-4D Hilux Raider 4x4

Post by Buff »

Lekka trip report, thanks :thumbup:

I'm on my way there on Friday and your report has made me even more keen... if that's at all possible :D:
We've booked to sleep at Kudu Kaya, Doornkloof and Makkedat grotte.
Hilux 2.7 Raider D/Cab 4x4
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Johannes van die See wrote:NielVoor jy net Baviaans toe ry, dink daaraan om dit dalk n klein groeps trip te maak dan kan mens gerusvan die trails in die Baviaans ook doen, ek sou wou terug gaan vir die roetes.
Wou nog sondag vir jou se dat die trippie aan is vir Paasnaweek 2012 so 8/10 dae trippie of so = als ou skuld :lol: :thumbup:
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Great trip report Johanes.
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Hi Johannes

Dit is n besondere mooi trip report en fotos.Sal graag ook eendag die Baviaans kloof wil besoek.Ek het die afdraai bord na Baviaans kloof gesien toe ek van Hartenbos terug gekom het voor Willomore.

Ek het jou shower tent saam geneem na ons gtg in Thaba Monate,toe oooms vir my se jy gaan nie meer saam met hulle kamp nie.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”

Return to “Trip Reports”