lendgend 40 t/diff overheat

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
gillman
Town: kloof
Vehicle: 1999 2.7i 4x4 raider

lendgend 40 t/diff overheat

Post by gillman »

hi all
i have a 2010 lendgend 40 4x4 d/c d4d and went up sani recently, as a norm on grasvel roads i engage 4 high and had no problem till just after the river crossing half way up when the t/diff overheat light came on. The manuel called for the vehicle to be put in neutral till the light went off. i turned the van off for awhile then continuied, and on the way up the light came on 3 more times. Travelling down this did not happen, and when home i took it back to my local dealer and asked them to check out the van. They came back to me saying they could find no fault and it proberlly happened because i had it in 4x4 for long and that sani is steep, ye right done many times in my last van and no such problems.......
has anyone experienced simular problems?? any suggestions to what could be causing it?
any input will be greatly accepted
warren gillot
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: lendgend 40 t/diff overheat

Post by ChrisF »

WARRANTEE.

take it straight to the dealers, and RECORD that you are asking them to follow it up.
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

ChrisF wrote:WARRANTEE.

take it straight to the dealers, and RECORD that you are asking them to follow it up.
I second that. Or at least, tell them it happened again, so that someone else can lay a fresh set of eyes on it.
Sent from my iPhone
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Oil Levels, grade oil? Is your diff breather working Properly??!!
gillman
Town: kloof
Vehicle: 1999 2.7i 4x4 raider

Post by gillman »

the first time i told them about it they checked oil etc....
could not find any fault, service manager said she would speak to tyota !
not heard a word,mmmmmmmmmmmm
van went for a service repeated my question and once again was told no fault, that i must not use 4x4 unless terain calls for it and then only for a short time??? wot the hell!!!
seems people do not know wot they are talking about, will be back again tomorrow to have it out with them as i will be in Moz soon and the last thing i need is for my van to let me down cross border.
i mean they say well if it does it again bring it in, well my question wot if i am over-border and it breaks do i push it? will they fetch it free of charge and cover my expenses? do i then have to fight them legally??
come on toyota do not hurt me so far into our life together :cry:
venom38
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: johannesburg
Vehicle: hilux d4d

Post by venom38 »

I have a 2009 d4d and recently did 5 days in 4x4 of which 2 days were low range. Total km was about 800-1000. Never had any lights come on. (Ok the fuel filter light came on and I replaced it)

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”