New Hilux prices

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Ou vale1
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

New Hilux prices

Post by Ou vale1 »

:o: :o: Got this from the Toyota UK site. Are we being robbed locally? :twisted:
Attachments
hilux uk.jpg
SKRIK NIKS
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: hilux 3.0kzte

Re: New Hilux prices

Post by SKRIK NIKS »

het oom vale my pm gekry gekry vanoggend :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
SKRIK NIKS
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Ou vale1 wrote::o: :o: Got this from the Toyota UK site. Are we being robbed locally? :twisted:
Robbed sound so, uhm, gentle???

I'd rather say we are bending over and Toyota(and all other motor companies) is taking a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg run with and even longer, thick telephone pole full of splinters to do what they do best - WITHOUT ANY VASELINE!!! :evil:
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Foksie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Fortuner 4x4

Post by Foksie »

Nee kyk hier hulle maak my sommer siek ek is seker ons is die enigste land wat so baie moet betaal vir voertuie.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Daai is omtrent 180k verskil :aggresive:
Is dit Toyota of die staat wat dit veroorsaak?
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

one of he reason why the prices are what they are is couz we as the consumer keep paying!!
and its not only Toyoya!! its all the local manufactures!!
and as long as we keep buying the cars they will keep charging us the rip off prices!!
even if its the Taxes and the manufactures combined!!
and if I'm not mistaken, those Hiluxes are made right Here in Sunny SA!!!!!!!

here is another shocker
as some of you might of seen my posts, recently bought a Jeep!!
if one looks on the online shops for spares, its less then half the prices of the stealers, and if one should order over the net, the difference will more the transport and still have plenty change left for plenty playing fuel!!

until we stop paying and vote with our feet, Vaseline will be required!!!! :evil: :evil:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Are we being robbed locally?
Ja, that is old news, we are getting robbed openly.

Sometimes we can blame minimum wages, strikes, etc, but I am with Fernando, as far as I know the UK Hiluxes are manufactured here, exported there and sold there at almost half the price.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Ou vale1
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

Post by Ou vale1 »

Made a comparison between prices for 2nd hand vehicles on Autotrader SA/UK, 2003 Prado D-4D: SA R319800 UK 9900 Pounds, that pole Thabo is revering to is actually longer and thicker than he mentioned!
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

The people from Toyota SA did register on the forum for the world record thing, perhaps they can give us a full explanation why South African pays through their ears for vehicles. I am sure there must be a logical explanation for this?

Miskien kyk ons net iets mis?
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Problem is it is not just motor industry making us pay, it is the same in most industries... look at telcoms costs, petrol, toll-fees, banking fees, etc etc... We are being milked like cash-cows.. :shock: :shock: :shock: En ons staan maar en word gemelk... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Look, I guess it depends where and what you wish to compare. I agree that it seems the Toyota prices is (VERY!!!) expensive compared to the UK, but for example both me and my BIL bought an Audi A6 last year.

I bought mine here, he bought his in Germany. Base price was more or less the same, but we get more extras as standard (his didn't even come standard with leather or climate control.... :shock2: ) once his was basically the same spec as mine, his was almost R 100 000 more expensive!

Fuel as well, we currently pay what? About R9 per liter. Germany? R16 per litre...

However, it still does not explain a R180 000 discrepency for Toyota on the new Lux... :evil:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Maybe they fit Frod engines to them in the UK... :twisted: :twisted:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

What I find humorous (with our government the word surprising won't be a true statement)
is the fact that on the one side the government impose huge fines to companies for "price fixing" via the competition commission and on the other hand the very same government protects the monopoly of the vehicle manufacturers by not allowing second hand vehicles to be imported to South Africa. If we can import vehicles to South Africa then only there will be real competition and that is the only way we will see South Africans paying real prices for the vehicles in our country.

Vehicles prices and bank charges are the biggest rip offs for South Africans and both are protected by the South Africa so called law.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Rumour has it (overheard a guy claiming to be from Toyota) that the Legend40 prices might drop. Apparently sales are slow due to them being so popular amongst the redistribution agents....
Maverick131
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by Maverick131 »

What will import taxes and costs be to get a Hilux from UK to here? Does the UK have the same 3 year warranty and 5 year/90,000kms service plan?

If including import taxes still cheaper and Toy SA gives support - why not import?
Life can be a tough journey - So drive a Hilux!
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

it would be interesting to find out what it would cost to import a Hilux from the UK and pay import duties on it, especially since it was built here and exported to the UK in the first place. :shock: :shock:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

why not import?
Because it is illegal for you as individual to import a vehicle (second hand I know, new I am not sure). Government is protecting the the car manufacturer monopoly.
There are thousands of imported second hand cars standing in Durban, destined for the neighboring countries. The rules are so strict that those vehicles may not even be driven to their destinations over South African soil, they have to be transported by trailer or train.
Maverick131
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by Maverick131 »

Boy, government is doing their best to screw us wherever they can!
Life can be a tough journey - So drive a Hilux!

Return to “Open Discussion”