Hello and diff lock mod

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
oxo
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux DC 4x4 AT

Hello and diff lock mod

Post by oxo »

Hi there all , this serves as my introduction and my first question.
Name Andre , 2 boys ( 0.5 and 3 years ) 2nd Wife ( best one !!) and new Hilux 3.0 DC 4x4 AT. ( first 4x4) Live in Midrand and looking for ward to getting away a lot with the clan.
My question is this: I have seen a lot of talk about the diff lock mod ( being able to use diff lock in 4H 2H etc ) I would like to know if anyone has done this mod to the A/T and if it affected the gear changes ?
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Hello and diff lock mod

Post by CasKru »

oxo wrote:Hi there all , this serves as my introduction and my first question.
Name Andre , 2 boys ( 0.5 and 3 years ) 2nd Wife ( best one !!) and new Hilux 3.0 DC 4x4 AT. ( first 4x4) Live in Midrand and looking for ward to getting away a lot with the clan.
My question is this: I have seen a lot of talk about the diff lock mod ( being able to use diff lock in 4H 2H etc ) I would like to know if anyone has done this mod to the A/T and if it affected the gear changes ?
Welcome to the forum. There definitely was talk about how to bypass it but this will void your manufacturers warranty.
To God be the glory
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Hi Andre and welcome! As Cassie mentioned, true. There was a write up about it somewhere for overseas not sure if it was here on the Forum... will have a look later for it and post if I can find it :thumbup:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

You can read here not for your vehicle... viewtopic.php?f=93&t=3926&p=57934&hilit ... lux#p57934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But it is a start :thumbup:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Andre, and welcome! :thumbup: Question .... why would you want to use diff-lock in 4H & 2H? :think: :?:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
oxo
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux DC 4x4 AT

Post by oxo »

Mud Dog wrote:Hi Andre, and welcome! :thumbup: Question .... why would you want to use diff-lock in 4H & 2H? :think: :?:
Lets say you get to a little axle twister that doesnt need 4 x 4 ?? I had a ford ranger 4x2 with diff lock and was ammazed where you can go with just a diff lock. Would like to be able to use it without putting the van in 4 x4.
Kattie
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: walvis bay
Vehicle: 4.0L hilux

Post by Kattie »

I would also like to use the diff lock in hi range but my question is why toyota say that you may not exeed 8km/h.Here in the dunes it's nice to have a diff lock but you need to travel at speeds of up to 80 or more sometimes to crest a dune

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”