My newest project ...

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

My newest project ...

Post by CasKru »

Decided to build a ramp so I can clean the underside with high pressure washer after playing in mud :)

Still in progress but...
Ramp3.jpg
Ramp2.jpg
Ramp1.jpg
To God be the glory
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: My newest project ...

Post by OOOOMS »

Clever :idea: Suppose it was after our playing at Diggers.....

Now, if you very clever, you just extend this idea, and buid a jungle gym for Rubin :lol: He can play on his half and you on yours :lol:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

That's actually not a bad idea at all Cassie. You could incorporate it into a kid's jungle-gym as well so that it's not a freestanding, out-of-place eyesore in your garden. The safety issue is the first thing that came to mind though. The two upright supports are not sufficient on their own and need to be 'back-braced' .... the jungle-gym can incorporate these back-braces, and the ramp poles need to be secured together so that they don't part and let the wheel slip through. Hoop iron, thicker wire or even rope can achieve this but rope won't last long. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Mark cheated, and slipped his post in while I was typing (slow with 2 fingers as usual)!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

Dit lyk goed Cassie.Ek is seker dit maak die lewe makliker.Ek gebruik die staal ramps maar moet hulle dra tot waar ek wil was en hulle is nogal swaar.
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Looks cool, Cassie, but I have to ask this question: How do you enter & exit the vehicle once it's on the ramp? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You'll need another ramp for that! :lol:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Family_Dog wrote:Looks cool, Cassie, but I have to ask this question: How do you enter & exit the vehicle once it's on the ramp? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-F_D
"L" shaped jungle-gym extension will work!
:twisted: :lol: :wink:

Engel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: Datsun & Nissan 4x4

Post by Engel »

ek wil net weet hoe klim jy met jou ronne lyfie in en uit!

uit is maklik, maar in? :?:
For anything offroad: herman@angeloffroad.co.za
Pofadder recovery kits @ wholesale prices
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Family_Dog wrote:Looks cool, Cassie, but I have to ask this question: How do you enter & exit the vehicle once it's on the ramp? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-F_D
When you reverse up... not too much of a problem... but if you go nose first...... :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll have to tie a rope ladder of some sort to the rock sliders... :)

Andy... those two uprights is 300mm treated poles with a crossbeam on top. The two ramps is 3X175mm poles (3m lengths) bolted together with 2x 12mm S/S steel rods and bolted onto the cross beam with 2X12mm S/S bolts.

The two uprights were concreted into two holes each 1m in depth. The concrete has been poured a few weeks ago.

Must say... it is a sturdy as any. I will maybe consider adding two diagonal supports behind the two uprights.
To God be the glory
Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Mount Vernon Illinois
Vehicle: GMC Sierra SLT Z71 (Used to drive a '91 SFA Hilux YN67R 4x4 ,Full OME, ARB lockers front and rear, Ford 3L V6, 35mm axle move, 33" General Grabber X3's and dual transfer cases....... Keep her safe Mud Dog!

Post by Sifu-Lux »

Nice ramp !!! This is like that Windhoek lager ad where the guy's wife gets him to go and buy all the plants and bricks for her new Water Feature, and he goes and builds a braai :)
Sifu-Lux....I will miss you
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Sifu-Lux wrote:Nice ramp !!! This is like that Windhoek lager ad where the guy's wife gets him to go and buy all the plants and bricks for her new Water Feature, and he goes and builds a braai :)
Ed Xackery :twisted: :twisted:

I will post a pic of the completed ramp. In the pictures above, I wa only 2/3 done :)
To God be the glory
SuidWes
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Prado 120 VX
Club VHF Licence: B35

Post by SuidWes »

Cassie, dit lyk goed :thumbup:

Jy het seker gesien dat daar 'n "guide" op die linkerkant se pak vere weg is :?: Pasop dat die veer nie meer draai en die band beskadig nie.... :think:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away - George Carlin
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Well spotted Jaco... better fix that quick before trouble!

mr b :thumbup:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

CasKru wrote:When you reverse up... not too much of a problem... but if you go nose first...... :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll have to tie a rope ladder of some sort to the rock sliders... :)

Andy... those two uprights is 300mm treated poles with a crossbeam on top. The two ramps is 3X175mm poles (3m lengths) bolted together with 2x 12mm S/S steel rods and bolted onto the cross beam with 2X12mm S/S bolts.

The two uprights were concreted into two holes each 1m in depth. The concrete has been poured a few weeks ago.

Must say... it is a sturdy as any. I will maybe consider adding two diagonal supports behind the two uprights.
Maybe for now Cassie, but what about if the soil gets very wet, or in time when the timber starts to rot where it enters the concrete (the concrete should rise above the soil level and be sloped away from the pole). My comments are not at all critical, but rather out of concern for your safety. :D: :wink:

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

SuidWes wrote:Cassie, dit lyk goed :thumbup:

Jy het seker gesien dat daar 'n "guide" op die linkerkant se pak vere weg is :?: Pasop dat die veer nie meer draai en die band beskadig nie.... :think:
Thanks meneer... Het daai een ook al gesien. Hy lyk al vir meer as 2 jaar so en die vere darem nog nie verder gedraai nie

Andy... thanks. Didn't take it as negative. :) The poles has been placed in the hole and the concrete then poured in so that should the water seep in from the top, it can drain out at the bottom. I did not think about the raising the concrete so it slopes away from the pole.
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

A common practise for future reference is to throw a bed of stone chips (about 200mm thick) into the hole befor planting and concreting the pole. This creates a sort of 'french drain' under the pole that keeps wet soil away from the absorbant 'end-grain' under the ground. :wink:

andrevt
Town: sasolburg
Vehicle: raider d4d

Post by andrevt »

nou net nog n sandpit bou daar vir die landies om in vas te sit
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

andrevt wrote:nou net nog n sandpit bou daar vir die landies om in vas te sit
Or to absorb the leaking oil :wink:

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Wat meen jy? Hulle gaan dit nie eers by my driveway opmaak nie :)
Mud Dog wrote:A common practise for future reference is to throw a bed of stone chips (about 200mm thick) into the hole befor planting and concreting the pole. This creates a sort of 'french drain' under the pole that keeps wet soil away from the absorbant 'end-grain' under the ground. :wink:
You see now... this is what you get if you just jump in and start doing something. If I asked around a bit before a started, I could have made it even better.
To God be the glory
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Ek sou net twee lekker groot klippe weerskante van mekaar daar neergesit het om op te ry, en sommer my rock crawling ook terselftertyd beoefen het. Klippe is mos nie swaar nie...
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

V8 Interceptor wrote:Ek sou net twee lekker groot klippe weerskante van mekaar daar neergesit het om op te ry, en sommer my rock crawling ook terselftertyd beoefen het. Klippe is mos nie swaar nie...
Dis jammer ek het nie daaraan gedink nie... kon sommer een in elke hand gedra het :twisted:
To God be the glory
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Iets soos dit...
Attachments
mgcrk4.jpg
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Ag maklik... en dan sal ek nog 'n hand oop hê om my bier vas te hou :twisted:
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

CasKru wrote:
Wat meen jy? Hulle gaan dit nie eers by my driveway opmaak nie :)
Mud Dog wrote:A common practise for future reference is to throw a bed of stone chips (about 200mm thick) into the hole befor planting and concreting the pole. This creates a sort of 'french drain' under the pole that keeps wet soil away from the absorbant 'end-grain' under the ground. :wink:
You see now... this is what you get if you just jump in and start doing something. If I asked around a bit before a started, I could have made it even better.
Not a train smash Cas (I did say for future ref. :wink: ), still a good idea, and it will still work well. :thumbup:

legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

Mud Dog wrote:
A common practise for future reference is to throw a bed of stone chips (about 200mm thick) into the hole befor planting and concreting the pole. This creates a sort of 'french drain' under the pole that keeps wet soil away from the absorbant 'end-grain' under the ground.

Now that is a good idea.It can even work for steel.Andy,you must be a genius :thumbup:
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

As 'n Man kan Kan Hy!! :thumbup:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Yeah, I've been told I have the brains of two people .......

Laurel & Hardy! :D:

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Mud Dog wrote:Yeah, I've been told I have the brains of two people .......

Laurel & Hardy! :D:
And if I get one more brain cell... It would be alone :)

Some people learn out of other peoples faults and some of us is the other people :evil:
To God be the glory
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Toemaar Cassie, jy het miskien nie die breins en die looks nie, maar jy het darem...uhm, ja, wel, 'n hilux. Ja, jy het darem 'n Hilux...

:mrgreen:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

V8 Interceptor wrote:Toemaar Cassie, jy het miskien nie die breins en die looks nie, maar jy het darem...uhm, ja, wel, 'n hilux. Ja, jy het darem 'n Hilux...

:mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

En hy kan al kan ek nie :)
To God be the glory

Return to “Open Discussion”