1 jz-gte vvti into hilux Raider 2x4 ( Demon mods )

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

1 jz-gte vvti into hilux Raider 2x4 ( Demon mods )

Post by Demon »

So i finally got started on my truck after alot of reading up about the 1jz motor. Now about 4 months later and it started last Sunday. Want to thank Redhummer and Alex for the good advice.

The truck - 2004 Hilux Raider 2x4 ( Single cab )
The only cutting on this truck will be to get the shifter back
and drill the holes for the intercooler pipes. ( Thats it )

The motor - 1jz vvti ( full vvti )
2500 L single turbo ( ct15b turbo) ( stock standard )
Straight six
Box - Four speed auto box

Standard spec - Bhp 280
kw 210
Nm 379

Motor weight- 217 Kg
Box- 57 Kg

Intercooler 600 x 300 and fits well

Motor has been pre run on the floor befor it went in. All seems well but will see when under load.

Looking to run a semi dry sump with surge tank that caries 10 Liters of oil.

Motor had 105000 Km on it.

Fuel consumption - 10 to 13 Km per liter ( Not confirmed yet thou )

Standard JZX 100 gear shifter with ECT switch. (Toyota shifter)
JZX 100 cluster with all the lights for drive,park,neutral and so on.
Going to run a PIC microcontroller for the SPD pick up for the ECU and speedo. Easy enough to then recalibrate the speedo thru the microcontroller when you change tyre size or diff.

Standard ECU ( Runninig FULL vvti ) ( All wirring is in house )
NO traction control

Any advice is welcome. Will be up dating this thread as i go but this mod is not the only thing iv got on my plate at this time. Thanks
V8 SOLID
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: 1 jz-gte vvti into hilux Raider 2x4 ( Demon mods )

Post by Mud Dog »

That bakkie is gonna walk! Are you doing any changes to the drive-train .... will the std diff be able to handle that amount of power? ... because you know you're going to floor it a few times! :D: Whichever, std or upgrade, you might want to consider a LSD (Limited slip diff) for traction so that you can keep some of that power on the tar and not just blow it off in rubber smoke. Another advantage with the LSD in autobox config. is that gear changes can sometimes catch you unawares ... if this happens in a corner under acceleration (even moderately so), you can loose the tail, even worse in the wet, with possible disasterous outcome. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Post by Demon »

Photo001 (Large) (Medium).jpg
Photo005 (Large) (Medium).jpg
Last edited by Mud Dog on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed duplicate pic
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Photo003 (Large) (Medium).jpg
3RZ-FE motor went on Sunday thanks to Alex
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

The 1JZ motor
The 1JZ motor
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Photo015 (Large) (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Got sum of the bits cleaned up
Attachments
Photo020 (Large) (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

ct15b turbo stock on the 1JZ
Attachments
Photo019 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

The 1JZ went in on Friday
Attachments
Photo025 (Large) (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Sum good space :twisted:
Attachments
Photo042 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Will have to touch up the paint work on the fire wall :cry: Was a squeez getting in.
V8 SOLID
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Gooi die stock exhaust en turbo af en steek n branch met n ct26 toyota turbo op. Raak ontsla van die auto box en gaan manual kry ook n after market ECU, kry net een wat VVTi kan doen, die stock goed maak nie krag nie, praat van ondervinding, en as jy die lot by mekaar het moet nie skrik vir die bakkie nie. Moet ook nie meer as n bar gaan staan en boost nie hou maar by so .5 bar. Dit is n baie goeie engine. Kry ook vir jou n nuwe waterpomp en sit hom in voor jy die engine insit. Daai plaas toerusting kry gewoonlik n houding met n 1J in. :wave:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Good front space
Photo043 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Demon wrote:Will have to touch up the paint work on the fire wall Was a squeez getting in.
Jy moes al daai pyppe en plumbing en bolt-on goed af gehaal het dan sal jy nie so gesukkel het nie
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

A bit tite on the turbo side
Attachments
Photo045 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

For sure sparten i should have. Just did not want to many parts around. The space at my spot is not big. The problem was mostly front to back with the drop in but it went in well
V8 SOLID
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

jong ja dit gaan maar rof as jy nie spasie het nie.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Got wires thru the fire wall today
Attachments
Photo054 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Harnes fits well. Just need to get flang laser cut for the gromet
Attachments
Photo056 (Large) (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Inter cooler fits well
Attachments
Photo053 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Looks to me like that turbo is going to connect with the steering rod. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

By the end of today
Attachments
Photo050 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Managed to get the motor in nice and low. Got it nice and level. Nothing worse than a motor lying back at a angel.
Attachments
Photo051 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

The gap looks a bit smaller on the pic. Its about a finger between there. But ya would have liked a bit more space between that rack and the turbo
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Mud Dog wrote:That bakkie is gonna walk! Are you doing any changes to the drive-train .... will the std diff be able to handle that amount of power? ... because you know you're going to floor it a few times! :D: Whichever, std or upgrade, you might want to consider a LSD (Limited slip diff) for traction so that you can keep some of that power on the tar and not just blow it off in rubber smoke. Another advantage with the LSD in autobox config. is that gear changes can sometimes catch you unawares ... if this happens in a corner under acceleration (even moderately so), you can loose the tail, even worse in the wet, with possible disasterous outcome. :think:
For sure I hear you there. Looking to put 305 takkies on this thing. :twisted: Will see how the diff holds but im not to fased about it. Will run it with the ECT off in the rain and with the current diff ratios I think its pull off could be a bit calmer then expected, will have to see when its up and running
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Spartan wrote:Gooi die stock exhaust en turbo af en steek n branch met n ct26 toyota turbo op. Raak ontsla van die auto box en gaan manual kry ook n after market ECU, kry net een wat VVTi kan doen, die stock goed maak nie krag nie, praat van ondervinding, en as jy die lot by mekaar het moet nie skrik vir die bakkie nie. Moet ook nie meer as n bar gaan staan en boost nie hou maar by so .5 bar. Dit is n baie goeie engine. Kry ook vir jou n nuwe waterpomp en sit hom in voor jy die engine insit. Daai plaas toerusting kry gewoonlik n houding met n 1J in. :wave:
Im not looking to go more with the power on this thing. 280 bhp is already giving your BMs a run for there money. There is no way im going for a local aftermarket ECU. Im looking for good fuel consumption on it mostly and also want it as a every day truck. Dont want the cold start isuse in winter and as far as the vvt goes, its run from the standard ECU and it works the way it should. Who better to run the vvt then the Japs ?????? ( maybe a Ausie or US system but then get readdy for $3000 +. In this case I would have to say local is not lekker.
V8 SOLID
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Demon wrote:In this case I would have to say local is not lekker.
Stem nie saam nie maar dit is jou reg om te maak soos dit jou pas en dit is jou conversion moet nie dat ons ander ervare manne jou beinvloed nie :thumbup:
Demon wrote:Dont want the cold start isuse in winter
Ek het nog nooit n probleem gehad met dit nie, jy sukkel net met sulke goed as jy telui is om te lees.
Demon wrote:Who better to run the vvt then the Japs ?????? ( maybe a Ausie or US system but then get readdy for $3000 +.
My VVTi werk lekker en reg met n local ECU:wink:
Demon wrote:280 bhp is already giving your BMs a run for there money.
Die BMW's ry ons dood met Normally aspirated Toyota engine's, hulle (BMW) is nie so hot soos die manne dink nie dit is die eienaars wat die kar se immage boost :twisted:
Sterkte met jou projek :thumbup: Ons sal nie weer pla nie :silent:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Would have to say that you should rethink about the BMs. Iv come head to head with a M3 down William Nickhol road on my 1000 Fire blade and that thing stuck around. Doing over 200km per hour at one stage. Any ways this thing is not built for that so all i want is good on fuel and it must run well.

Ok so spend the time with the aftermarket setup and the reward will be sweet, I can say the very same about the standard ECU system. Give it what it needs and you will have a bullet proof system, great fuel consumption that is unmatched and NO running to put it on a dyno every month. The Ausies are big into these motors and they all get together on Toymods forum, most of them run it stock with standard ECU and go as far to shorten the waste gate on them. No need to do more. We dont wana go and shorten the life span of the motor now do we. :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Demon wrote:Ok so spend the time with the aftermarket setup and the reward will be sweet, I can say the very same about the standard ECU system. Give it what it needs and you will have a bullet proof system, great fuel consumption that is unmatched and NO running to put it on a dyno every month. The Ausies are big into these motors and they all get together on Toymods forum, most of them run it stock with standard ECU and go as far to shorten the waste gate on them. No need to do more. We dont wana go and shorten the life span of the motor now do we.
:thumbup: Whatever, ek sien noueers waar het jy kers opgesteek so moet nie worry om te reply nie :thumbup:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Jis, maar dit lyk BAIE goed...well done... Kannie wag om te se wat hy op die wiele stoot nie...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Spartan! Tie me kangaroo's down sport!
redhummer

Post by redhummer »

Looking good Derrick.. Will be a very nice runner once it is all done.. Just a friendly note on the management side of things.. Be careful on here as some people will shout you down for deciding to put OEM management. Why they are so into making a motor work harder, rather than just putting in a motor that puts out the power they require in the first place is just beyond me.. I would say it is compromising reliability for performance. As well as there being a relation of fuel consumption vs power, energy cant be created so it is in direct relation of fuel mixture, more air must have more fuel so it goes without saying more consumption. Personal preference I guess..
Looking forward to seeing the install of the shifter. Nice with the ECT power option with std. It will be a lot nicer with the OEM shifter.. Should fit the looks of the rest of the interior rather than it looking like it was made with scraps found around the place. Good thing you chatting to the guys overseas too.. They have a lot of information on all the motors and mods.. They started doing these mods while the SA guys were still stuck on ford v6's and now the 1uz non vvt.. :( :wink: :thumbup:
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

DOELLOOS wrote:Jis, maar dit lyk BAIE goed...well done... Kannie wag om te se wat hy op die wiele stoot nie...

would like to stick my neck out and say around 177rwhp, on a true dyno(have seen many happy dynos)
on the wheels with no correction factor, depending on the exhaust, maybe a little more!!
and the intercooler, not sure how that compares to the original intercooler......

so lets say between 177rwhp and 195rwhp :twisted: :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Spartan wrote:
Demon wrote:Ok so spend the time with the aftermarket setup and the reward will be sweet, I can say the very same about the standard ECU system. Give it what it needs and you will have a bullet proof system, great fuel consumption that is unmatched and NO running to put it on a dyno every month. The Ausies are big into these motors and they all get together on Toymods forum, most of them run it stock with standard ECU and go as far to shorten the waste gate on them. No need to do more. We dont wana go and shorten the life span of the motor now do we.
:thumbup: Whatever, ek sien noueers waar het jy kers opgesteek so moet nie worry om te reply nie :thumbup:
Lets rather just get along. You are into your setup and some of us into ours. What would life be if we all wanted the same thing. Stick around it could be fun :lol:
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

redhummer wrote:Looking good Derrick.. Will be a very nice runner once it is all done.. Just a friendly note on the management side of things.. Be careful on here as some people will shout you down for deciding to put OEM management. Why they are so into making a motor work harder, rather than just putting in a motor that puts out the power they require in the first place is just beyond me.. I would say it is compromising reliability for performance. As well as there being a relation of fuel consumption vs power, energy cant be created so it is in direct relation of fuel mixture, more air must have more fuel so it goes without saying more consumption. Personal preference I guess..
Looking forward to seeing the install of the shifter. Nice with the ECT power option with std. It will be a lot nicer with the OEM shifter.. Should fit the looks of the rest of the interior rather than it looking like it was made with scraps found around the place. Good thing you chatting to the guys overseas too.. They have a lot of information on all the motors and mods.. They started doing these mods while the SA guys were still stuck on ford v6's and now the 1uz non vvt.. :( :wink: :thumbup:
Thanks man. Very happy with fit so far. Just the damn fire wall :cry: Nice to have a motor as new age as this one, dont think i would have gone for this swop if it was a old motor, would not make sence to fit sumthing from the stone age into a 2004 Hilux. 1jz vvti was in production up to 2007 :clap:
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

DOELLOOS wrote:Jis, maar dit lyk BAIE goed...well done... Kannie wag om te se wat hy op die wiele stoot nie...

Thanks dude. Will throw it on a dyno soon :twisted:
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

kfxnando wrote:

would like to stick my neck out and say around 177rwhp, on a true dyno(have seen many happy dynos)
on the wheels with no correction factor, depending on the exhaust, maybe a little more!!
and the intercooler, not sure how that compares to the original intercooler......

Will stick it on a dyno and see what the rwhp is :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

kfxnando wrote:

Will have to see
V8 SOLID
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Post by hentey »

Sorry for my ignorance,but in what car or suv does this type of engine come from?Surely it is not South African,or is it?
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Lexus Car with OE car map on the ECU now been used in a bakkie. If you look at most manifacturers that use the same enginje in a bakkie and car normally they have a different MAP for the ECUs in the different applications, a MAP for the car and another for the Bakkie... wonder why? ....
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

hentey wrote:Sorry for my ignorance,but in what car or suv does this type of engine come from?Surely it is not South African,or is it?
The half cut that i got was the JZX 100 chasser. A Japan release only and grey imported by the Ausies. Was realeased in other makes like the mark ll supra and quite a number of others in Europe. Guys are using the 1jz over the 2jz in the UK these days. The 1jz-gte vvti has got the Yamaha reworked head, newly developed continuously variable valve timing mechanism (VVT-i) , modified water jackets for improved cylinder cooling and newly developed shims with a titanium nitride coating for reduced cam friction. The adoption of VVT-i and the improved cylinder cooling allowed the compression ratio to be increased from 8.5:1 to 9.0:1. Even though the official power figures remained at 280 metric horsepower (210 kW) at 6200 rpm, torque was increased by 20Nm to 379 newton metres (280 ft·lbf) at 2400rpm. These improvements resulted in increased engine efficiency that reduced fuel consumption by 10%.
Attachments
images[1].jpg
images[1].jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 7780 times
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

BenHur wrote:Lexus Car with OE car map on the ECU now been used in a bakkie. If you look at most manifacturers that use the same enginje in a bakkie and car normally they have a different MAP for the ECUs in the different applications, a MAP for the car and another for the Bakkie... wonder why? ....
Its nice to have the full vvti matie. It adjusts to my driving conditions :clap:

You should take a spin in Redhummers lexus v8 hilux and find out how well that thing runs with the stock ECU. The auto gear change is spot on and its good on fuel.
V8 SOLID
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

I have never said that a stock ECU will not run nice, if not in limp mode, and fuel consuption be good, but good is a relative term, is it as good as it can be? That is the question.

I have seen a few cars already where we have beaten the dyno figures as well as onroad economy with an aftermarket over OE.

But again I am not trying to knock OE only saying that you guys should not knock aftermarket as either, both has its place and to call a decently installed and mapped aftermarket system inferior is outright ignorance.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

BTW are you installing the OE exhaust that the ECU was mapped for as well?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

... ag nee... here we go again... :evil:
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

To each his own...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Demon, it looks awesome! :thumbup: I can't wait to see what your (soon to be) monster will be capable of. Keep the pic's and updates coming! :thumbup:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
redhummer

Post by redhummer »

Yip..all to his own... Just as a correction.. The oem exhaust is different to the one that you buy at speedy or any other aftermarket shop.. When people send there cars into a shop to get an exhaust replacement they do not change to aftermarket management.. I wonder why......Or do I.. The OEM system corrects itself all the time according to driving condition and emission.. Auto adjust....hmmmm. Sounds very reliable and intelligent for a management system.
There are some nice aftermarket systems out there. People can choose what they like and use it themselves.. Not try and change everybody around them as they have there opinion about things for there reasons.. Now this is a thread with a bit of a difference. Lets check it out as it is interesting and could be enlightening for some.. The ones that do not like the thread really do not have to read it. Why does it always have to turn into an argument?
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Thanks for the comments guys. Ya geez lets all rather just shut up about the ECUs
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Got the platform templates done for the motor and gearbox last night
Attachments
Photo059 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Got to use the gell filled agent mounts :clap: Great now it wont feel like im driving a gokart with those mounts in :D:
Attachments
Photo061 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

The gear shifter arm is going to miss the box :thumbup: It still has to move back so its going to give even more space. Had to relocate the gear box harnes for a bit more space on the tunnel. Been thru every part of the drive chain and no touching anywhere :clap:
Attachments
Photo062 (Medium).jpg
Photo065 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Have to build a platform for the gear box because on the Hilux box the mounts sat under and not on the side like the 1Js box.
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Going to weld gusets on the inside of the front mounts once I get it back from the laser cutting guys.
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Thort i wud up date my thread. Man what fun this has been so far :twisted:
Hows that the throtel cable from the half cut was a direct bolt on, correct lenth and all now
Attachments
Photo066 (Large) (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Got the wiring sorted in the engine bay, had to move alternator wires to the other side of the cab. At least the starter is on the same side as the 3rz so it was straight on
Attachments
Photo070 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Got the templets made up for the dry sump
Attachments
Photo075 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Got hold of a nice bosch 3 stage fan but it dont fit :cry:
Attachments
Photo074 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Got hold of two smaller stocky fans today. No cutting to get them in :clap:
Attachments
Photo076 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

They fitted snug behind the intercooler :clap:
Attachments
Photo077 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”