Vehicle Theft

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Vehicle Theft

Post by OOOOMS »

Recently there has been a major increase in vehicle theft.

Just last week the thieves tried to steal my mates Lux, resulting in 70k worth of damage.

What good idea's are there, besides parking my vehicle in safer places? ie DIY, relay's etc
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Vehicle Theft

Post by Mud Dog »

The deployment of a dozen or more spring-guns come to mind! :twisted: :wink:

There is a couple of DIY tracking systems (via cellphone) that I'm looking at .... if you find a good one, let me know.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Gertc
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: 3.0L Fortuner
Club VHF Licence: Xray05

Post by Gertc »

Mud Dog wrote:The deployment of a dozen or more spring-guns come to mind!
Works like a charm. Mine hit a hole in the sump. then you just follow the oil trail. 1km and you will find your Hilux. just follow the trail. :clap: :clap: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

My cousin fitted a relay into my previous vehicle, connected to my aircon and starter. So if you did'nt switch the aircon on the vehicle would not start.

Worked like a charm :thumbup: :thumbup:

But I am thinking more MD way, to get 380 volt under the seat
Gertc
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: 3.0L Fortuner
Club VHF Licence: Xray05

Post by Gertc »

MMMMM and if the system malfunction while you are in the vehicle :?:

then it is :oops: ZZZZIT toket :oops:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

I installed a relay system with proximity switches. So if you do not know to activate the switch, the motor will just keep cranking and wont start. I also have an alarm system which if not disengaged, will not allow the fuel pump to run and the ECU to switch on.

My next project is mechanical in the sense that the should not be able to tow it etc....
To God be the glory
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Yes Cas, I have also heard of a system that lock's the brakes, not sure if these guys are still aroun?

Anyone know?
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

OOOOMS wrote:Yes Cas, I have also heard of a system that lock's the brakes, not sure if these guys are still aroun?

Anyone know?
Wingate 011 334 7030
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

CasKru wrote:I installed a relay system with proximity switches. So if you do not know to activate the switch, the motor will just keep cranking and wont start. I also have an alarm system which if not disengaged, will not allow the fuel pump to run and the ECU to switch on.

My next project is mechanical in the sense that the should not be able to tow it etc....

Cass' from what I've just learnt with my Dicktator's Relay going belly up.......

Just unplug the Relay - chances of even the smartest theif having the correct relay is slimmer than a slim thing :twisted: :wink:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Quite slim, of you to figure that out..... :!: :lol: :!:

Thanks T.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Dadz Toy BFI wrote:
CasKru wrote:I installed a relay system with proximity switches. So if you do not know to activate the switch, the motor will just keep cranking and wont start. I also have an alarm system which if not disengaged, will not allow the fuel pump to run and the ECU to switch on.

Cass' from what I've just learnt with my Dicktator's Relay going belly up.......

Just unplug the Relay - chances of even the smartest theif having the correct relay is slimmer than a slim thing :twisted: :wink:
I effectively do the same just with less effort. I believe in systems that automatically arm themselves. It's usually when you are in a hurry and think you'll be back in 5 minutes, when the bakkie disappears.
To God be the glory
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Maybe install a cage with mamba on the driver seat, whole story to open the door without opening the cage door, and it is out there is groot nonsens. Just put a sign in the window warning anyone "Mamba in transit, do not open doors.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

So lyk hy nou...
Attachments
DSC_4883.JPG
DSC_4883.JPG (45.17 KiB) Viewed 9707 times
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

YOH! Mark, looks like you're getting serious, boet! :D: :D:

I don't know what it's called exactly, but it's a 12v contactor switch that works like a relay but will only "kick in" when it is energised AND triggered. It remains a closed circuit until de-energised. Now what about putting this behind the dash with a 12v gate motor reciever to "trigger" it (obviously with a remote). So when you get in, you turn the ignition on and push the remote ... only then do the dash lights come on and you can start. Once you switch off you cannot start it again without the remote as everything is dead. :think:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Something like that sounds quite nice. Gertc seems to be quite jacked up with this kind of thing. I will give him a a shout.

Don't think it's too difficult, but could be wrong?

ps. the last few attempted theafts they have done ie: pop out the indicatoe light(the one under the mirror), create a short, force open the bonnet, disconnect the alarm and then into the dash/ignition.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Keep us posted on your progress Mark. It'll be interesting to see what you've opted for. :wink:

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

10:4
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

I do not like to share to much info regarding my security on a public forum, would be Hilux thiefs can also come register here and read about all your tricks. The best ones are the ones you keep quiet about :!: :!: :!:
Family_Dog
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Bennie, no worry about that, your red Hilux is extremely safe!

(They would first have to fix it before they could steal it....) :twisted: :twisted:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

frik
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: KZTE 3.0 4x4

Post by frik »

I am currently here up North in Mozambique and reading this thread I have to share something with your guys. You know protecting your vehicle against the elements is a story but if you could see what I have seen up here.
There are more Cruisers and Hiluxes up here than what you could imagine.

A very good friend of mine living in Moz Nampula told me last week he can get me any cruiser or lux I want just bring the money. And I dont mean going to the one and only Toyota dealer up here north.

Our biggest problem is the aftermarket for out vehicles and if border control doesnt do something none of our vehicles are safe anymore.
Must just find a way to bring one new Cruiser back home :D

Have a nice time in SA

Frik
Everything keeps going right Toyota
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Just this week my other mates, 3.0 d4d, 4x4 2009 almost got nicked.

Same mo: Via the small indicator light (near front door), forced open the bonnet with a wrench, and started stripping the dash. Luckily not taken, however R22 000.00 damage!

Spoke to a tow-truck oke I know today, he tells me he tow's approx. 15 d4d's a WEEK, to the yard.

So I have a surprise for the thugs when they pop out my small indicator light...., also moved the alarm bell where is will not be accessable as they cut the wires.
Spikevz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Rustenburg
Vehicle: Toyota Stout Hilux 4X4 1980, Hilux de lux 1974 rw, Corolla

Post by Spikevz »

Take off your door handles like me
Toyota Stout Hilux 4X4 Driver
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Spikevz wrote:Take off your door handles like me
The last thing these thugs need is door handles, believe me! :D: :wink:

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Take a look here at this Non Lethal Deterrent :shock:

I'm seriously considering this one mos :think: :think:

see:

http://www.chillipepper.za.com/home.html

R :wink:
Bloues
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Hilux 2.2 D/C

Post by Bloues »

@%^&%(^*&!q skelms.......
Onthou net indien jy toestel het wat uitsny jy moontlik 'n voertuig kan terugkry wat stukkend gestamp is omdat dit in die middel van besigge interseksie of so gaan staan het.......daar mag moontlikke wet aspekte wees soos "opset" so ek hou meer van die toestel wat jou voertuig nooit laat aansluit. Laat hul maar probeer daar waar jy hom parkeer het. Dan stem ek saam dat ons moet nie teveel "uiter" van geheime toestelle want soos Bennie se - die "nerwe" lees ook die goed.

Stuur miskien private mail as iemand goeie idee het.

ps: ek hou van die mamba idee......maak sommer seker dis swart mamba wat honger is !!!!! :P
Bloues
(Nie blou bul maar SHARKS ondersteuner)
Don't fence me in.....
'91 D/Cab 2.2(4y) AKA - Bloues. Lifted Suspension, Dual Battery, 80Liter Freezer, Bridgestone Dueler A/T, 29Mhz Radio, Mud Creeper Winch(Aus), EasyAwn Rooftop Tent, Roofrack, Garmin Nuvi, Long Range Fuel Tank, Jacks+straps for landi recovery.....
Karoo
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Murraysburg
Vehicle: 96 2,4d sc ;99 2,7 4x4 sc

Post by Karoo »

Am led to believe rat poison in a brandy bottle left in the car works like a charm! :lol:
wacky
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 1996 dc raider 2,4

Post by wacky »

let man's best friend drive with u : Rottweiler :lol:
Spikevz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Rustenburg
Vehicle: Toyota Stout Hilux 4X4 1980, Hilux de lux 1974 rw, Corolla

Post by Spikevz »

Let me know if advise helps you 2.
Toyota Stout Hilux 4X4 Driver
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Tx Pieter, dankie vir die advies. :thumbup:
Mountain Man
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: South Africa
Vehicle: Land Cruiser 79 Series 4.5 EFi

Post by Mountain Man »

In the old days we only locked our cars and that was good enough to stop most would be thieves. If someone wanted your vehicle they would take it and that was that. But as time went on some clever dick thought an alarm system would be a fab idea. But crooks are usually not that far behind in learning the new tricks of the trade and finding out how to bypass the alarm system was next. But as alarms got more complicated the criminals turned to other ways to relieve you of your vehicle. They would simply steal it from you in the driveway so the alarm was not activated. But then some other clever dick thought he would design a anti hijack device. This of course was easily remedied by the thieves and they would simply take you hostage and drive arround with you in the boot of the vehicle while they wait to see if the vehicle has a anti hijacking system. This same system is used to asertain if a vehicle has a tracking systme with some variation... They rape your wife in from of you and torture your kids and eventually kill everyone. So my point is this: We will NOT stop thieves from getting what they want. This is unfortunatly a sad but very true fact. Each and every device that we come up with has been overcome by more and more violent means but the criminals. This same is true with our homes: We have these fancy alarms and sensors in our houses and now instead of breaking into our houses whilst we are out, now the criminals target us when we are most likely to be at home. This leaves us trapped in our homes and in a very vulnerable position. Please check the crime stats and see most beak ins occur from 5pm onward.

So what is my point?

Well, we may be going to such great lengths to protect our vehicles but in the end it is costing us our lives. It is a bit of a catch 22 situation because insurance companies are insisting on these devices before insuring.

I don't know where to from here but know this: what the criminals want they WILL get and at whatever cost even your life.
Just because it says "4WD" doesn't make it an off-road vehicle.
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Kan iemand my asb pm met die beste idee om my Hilux te laat bly daar waar ek hom los??

Know what you don't know.
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Julle sal my nie glo nie maar in Nam is ons "mense" nog nie so slim nie, dalk in Whk, maar hier in Tsumeb slaap my hilux buite (daar is nie plek in garage vir hom nie, ander karre ook)met vensters en deure oop..selfs by pick n pay of spar....ja hulle sal jou radio steel maar nie sommer kar nie.regtig self as ek in henties is. Maar dit sal nie vir altyd so wees nie...siektes versprei.

Wat is die gevoel van julle wat al in Nam getoer het? Dalk is dit anders vir "Toeriste"? As ek nou daar aan dink my huis se agter deur staan nou oop en daar is niemand behalwe my 2 boerboele.
Maar soos ek se ons tyd/beurt sal seker ook kom
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Traveler wrote:Kan iemand my asb pm met die beste idee om my Hilux te laat bly daar waar ek hom los??
Volgens my is die self installed opsies altyd die beste.
To God be the glory
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

:shh: Ek dwaal nou erg van die toppic af maar wil graag wys, daar is geen diewering by venster of agter deur nie. Okay nou sal ek weer by die topic bly :thumbup:
Attachments
huis2.jpg
Huis1.jpg
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

So, this afternoon my beaty sleep was interrupted by my mate's (Chris - aka jenco) irate phone call! (he has had his van for 3 weeks, 2008 D4D 3.0l now...)

Guess what? (he says)
I was at my son's kricket match in Randburg this morning and some &*%$@#% tried to steal my van.......same method as all the others :!: :!: :!:
Same mo: Via the small indicator light (near front door), forced open the bonnet with a wrench, and started stripping the dash. Luckily not taken
Lots of damage....

So guys.....keep a close eye on you Lux, they are hot property
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Maar ons mag nie kwaad word nie want dan is jy mos n :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :wth: :wth: :wth: :wth: en jy mag ook nie jou eie hard verdiende goed beskerm nie dit is nie aanvaarbaar nie :wth: :wth: :wth: :wth: :wth: :wth: Ek dink ek moet maar net :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2.8 d/cab SFA
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

i agree u upgrade the thieves upgrade, last time they tried to steal my lux, which has modern alarm, it cost me new ignition, and a sunday call out by a lock smith. So is it really worth it?
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Bandit
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Port alfred
Vehicle: 2008 Fortuner V6 4x4

Post by Bandit »

From a personal point and experience,
A thin wood chisel, nice and sharp, placed under the driver seat with the handle on the floor and the blade just pushing the seat fabric up has had great deterrent consequences, also leaves a nice blood trail to follow, and usually doesn't mean walking a kilometer following oil trail.
Also found a well insured vehicle with a half kilo of C4 in the cab gives a nice controlled, satisfactory result. Can also hook up the indicator wires from positive battery into detonator and leave the earth loose. When they pop the indicator out and try and cause a short...
Multiple small fish hooks soldered on behind a car radio also leaves a lasting impression...
Paul Grobler
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: KOEDOESKOP
Vehicle: '12 79 Land Cruiser Pick up 4.2 D

Post by Paul Grobler »

Daryl

Die vishoek idee werk soos n bom veral in n Golf jy kry die mo$r die volgende oggend net daar waar hy begin het dan help jy hom om hom self los te ruk Wat n gesig om te sien
5de Rat brights
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Here is a pic or two of Jenco's van....
IMGP4506.JPG
IMGP4507.JPG
IMGP4508.JPG
chopper

Post by chopper »

Dit maak 'n mens hartseer - en m@erig! :evil:
Paul Grobler
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Paul Grobler »

Mark

Dit maak n ou moerig en als :twisted: :evil:

Die beste wat ek al gesien het in n ou oom se Toyota stalion was dat hy van n plug draad af n draad gele het wat na die drywer seat toe gaan deur n skakelaar dan het hy in die seat klomp fyn draadjies deur geweef en aan die draad gekoppel wat van die plug draad af kom sodra die ou gaan sit en die enjin start begin hy te skok en weet nie van waar af nie en dit werk blykbaar goed die bakkie stink net bietjie daarna :thumbup: 8 ) :lol:
5de Rat brights
Marius Murray
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Nissan Patrol

Post by Marius Murray »

My broer werk vir Outsurance en hy reken hulle steel nou meer nuwe Luxes en Frotuners as Citigolfs!! :?: Hy reken hulle kry tot 5 eise per week nou op julle favourite! En ek het gedink daai stelsel wat Toy gebruik is .......proof!?!
Marius Murray
SOLD PAMPOEN.
chopper

Post by chopper »

Marius,
Dis geen verskoning om nie 'n Lux te besit nie! :wth:
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Bandit wrote:From a personal point and experience,
A thin wood chisel, nice and sharp, placed under the driver seat with the handle on the floor and the blade just pushing the seat fabric up has had great deterrent consequences, also leaves a nice blood trail to follow, and usually doesn't mean walking a kilometer following oil trail.
Also found a well insured vehicle with a half kilo of C4 in the cab gives a nice controlled, satisfactory result. Can also hook up the indicator wires from positive battery into detonator and leave the earth loose. When they pop the indicator out and try and cause a short...
Multiple small fish hooks soldered on behind a car radio also leaves a lasting impression...
Paul Grobler wrote:Die vishoek idee werk soos n bom veral in n Golf jy kry die mo$r die volgende oggend net daar waar hy begin het dan help jy hom om hom self los te ruk Wat n gesig om te sien
Ek wil julle graag ontmoed julle klink vir my soos my broers wat ek verloor het lank lank terug, maar ek dink ek het julle gevind :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Ek raak net meer gatvol by die dag. :evil: :evil: :evil:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Paul Grobler
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Paul Grobler »

Hi Spartan

In die 4 maande van kersfees af tot nou het hulle al amper
R 100 000.00 se pompe, tools, batterye en al twee keer in my bakkie in gebreek op die plaas so ek en Kas ( Fortuner) is al taamlik gatvol vir die sirkus. Hulle is al so laks dat hulle my energizer vir my stoor heining ook een aand gesteel het :twisted: :evil:

Ons is meer as g@atvol!
5de Rat brights
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Ek sal nou die threat moet verlaat want my hart sal dit nie hou nie :sick: :silent:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Skydive
High Range 4WD

Town: Melville
Vehicle: 96 D/C Hilux Raider 4x4
Re: Adrenaline Rush
Die was amper die laaste foto van my Hilux, hulle het die bakkie so uur terug probeer steel, gelukkig het die 2.7 ignition met die chipped sleutel dit so bietjie moeiliker gemaak, maar het nogsteeds redelik skade

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 pm
FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: D4D 3.0l

Post by FUDGES »

Sal iemand vir my ook PM wat is die beste om Fudges te beskerm??? Ek is maar dom met die goed :oops: :oops: Of my na iemand toe verwys wat my sal kan help asb.
Numbnut
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Vredenburg
Vehicle: '03 Colt 2.8TDI DC 4x4; Wilderness Offroad Camping Trailer

Post by Numbnut »

Kan iemand my ook net dalk n PM stuur oor wat die veiligste manier is om die nuwe spaarwiel onder my bakkie te beskerm teen
die regering se private invorderaars??
Everything Works Better When It Is Properly Lubricated...!!!
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

The guys that do this kind of thing rely on speed ..... get it out and be gone .... The easiest way is to just put a padlock through a link in the winch chain up near the top so that the chain cannot be lowered. The downfall of this is that the lock might get fouled with dust and dirt, even rust .... you might not be able to open the lock or even get the key in when you need the spare. So it needs to be protected in some way .... grease it well over the key-hole and around the shackle to prevent the dirt getting in.

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Mud Dog wrote:The guys that do this kind of thing rely on speed ..... get it out and be gone .... The easiest way is to just put a padlock through a link in the winch chain up near the top so that the chain cannot be lowered. The downfall of this is that the lock might get fouled with dust and dirt, even rust .... you might not be able to open the lock or even get the key in when you need the spare. So it needs to be protected in some way .... grease it well over the key-hole and around the shackle to prevent the dirt getting in.
Andy, I use insulation tape(wrapped around the lock), works like a charm and keeps the key enry dust free. Prestic also works :thumbup:
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

The best anti theft device for a 4x4 Toyota is to take it off road and to do overland remote travel....... :thumbup:

Hulle het nie die tyd om 3 dae agter jou aan te ry net om weer 3 dae te moet terug ry na die naaste beskawing nie......... :twisted: :twisted:

M2cw....
Johan Marais
Numbnut
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Vredenburg
Vehicle: '03 Colt 2.8TDI DC 4x4; Wilderness Offroad Camping Trailer

Post by Numbnut »

Thanx MD & Ooooms, will try the padlock thing, even if it is just for extra peace of mind! Will fill a plastic "bank sakkie" with a mixture
of grease and oil, place the padlock inside and then tape it close with insulation tape as if it is Julius Malema's big gob!! :thumbup: :D
Everything Works Better When It Is Properly Lubricated...!!!
Rieks
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Outjo
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D

Amper gesteel

Post by Rieks »

Hulle het my Saterdag 'n kolega van my se seun se Hilux probeer steel by The Glen in die suide van JHB.
Hier in sy woorde:
" Hulle het Saterdag my seun se Toyota by die Glen probeer steel en gelukkig het die Sekuriteit hulle gevang toe hulle besig was om uit ry, omdat die stuurwiel weer gelock het nadat hulle hom met 'n bobbejaan afgebreek het, weet nie hoe nie, maar as dit nie gebeur het nie was die Bakkie weg.

Hulle bring hulle eie computer bokse, immobiliser en ' boks wat sê "Turbo Driver" en plug dit in die plek van die oorspronklikes. Hulle het dan ook hulle eie ignition en sleutel en start so die bakkie. Al probleem is dat hulle eers die bonnet oop buig om by die alarm uit te kom. Hierna strip hulle jou hele dash om by die computer uit te kom en natuurlik vir die tracker te soek.

Ek het op die Internet gaan kyk, en ek sien dat die Toyota Bakkies en Fortuners hoog op sindikate se lys is. Hulle steel die bakkies vinnig en by baie winkel sentrums, nogal baie by Eastgate ook en dit in die onderdak parkering. "

Die Bl1ksems het weg gekom. Die sekuriteits wag was glo te bang om hulle aan te vat to hy sien wat aangaan. Hulle het in die "getaway" kar ingespring en weg gejaag. Volgens die paneel kloppers is die beraamde skade sover R64 000.00

Hartseer foto's
IMG00009-20100710-1446a.jpg
IMG00020-20100710-2003a.jpg
IMG00021-20100710-2004a.jpg
IMG00007-20100710-1445a.jpg
IMG00008-20100710-1446a.jpg
IMG00010-20100710-1446a.jpg
IMG00011-20100710-1448a.jpg
Last edited by CasKru on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged from another topic
Rieks
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Outjo
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D

Re: Amper gesteel

Post by Rieks »

Die vraag is, hoe kan ons dit verhoed?? Behalwe om jou lux in die garage te hou natuurlik. Daar moet 'n manier wees om dit vir hulle moeilik te maak. Maar mens wil dit doen voordat daar erger skade aan jou motor gedoen word.

Soos ek my kolega verstaan, lyk dit of hulle eerste die bonnet oop gebreuk het. Ek het gedink om my bonnet vas te swys (is mos 'n Toyota, daai bonnet gaan inelkgeval net oop as iemand my V6 engine wil sien posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=12985#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Ek het ook gelees van om die serene's te skuif, maar dan is die bonnet klaar oopgebreuk! Is daar enige iets anders wat ons kan doen??
macjohnw
Town: Witrivier
Vehicle: Fortuner 3.0D4D

Post by macjohnw »

Die booswigte weet waar die standaard wegsteek plekke is vir trackers, alarms, sirenes ens. en ken alarm sisteme. Wees kreatief in die ligging asook die beskerming van die items. Dit is egter moeilik met die tracker eenhede.

Die ouens verwag hi-tech elektroniese sisteme - wat van n' goeie ou boereplan - elektronies of meganies. n' skakelaar op n' kraglyn erens wat jy van binne die kajuit kan aan of af skakel - of dalk n' kraan op die brandstof lyn. Hulle sal dink dit is een of ander nuwe tipe alarm stelsel.

n' Tweede passiewe tracker eenheid (sleuth) kan ook help.
Shimano
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Strand Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC125

Post by Shimano »

Ek was twee weke terug met verlof en het gou my ouers in Alberton gaan groet en het ook sommer gou by die Glen se "outdoor warehouse" n draai gaan maak vir n upgrade op my Garmin se mapping en die verkoops man het my vertel hoe die Fortuners en Hilux's daar gesteel word. Was skoon op my senuwees gewees en kon nie wag om daar weg te kom met die nuwe Fortuner nie.
Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Rieks, die D4D's is al vir 'n lang ruk hot property....... :x

Jy is heeltemal reg om te noem dat hulle moet gestop word voordat hulle probeer steel. Maar dit is maar moeilik.... hier is nog 'n link wan die soort van ding...

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7518&hilit=hilux+theft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PM my vir nog informasie. Ons wil dit nie eintlik op die Forum bespreek nie, want die 'ander' b......s lees ook hier :shh:
sabiankahn
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 89 SFA 4Y 4x4

Post by sabiankahn »

Wow, so dit is verseker nie meer soos in die flieks waar iemand net 2 draadjies onder die dash uithaal en die kar "Hotwire" nie. Dit lyk na 'n moerse klomp moeite om 'n kar te steel...

Jammer oor die skade :-(
SFA named Roy has arrived. Let the games begin!

Return to “General Mods”