Hilux revo manual to dual clutch system

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
fahad_begg
Town: Labasa
Vehicle: Toyota hilux

Hilux revo manual to dual clutch system

Post by fahad_begg »

Want to convert Hilux revo manual to dual clutch system

I have got a Toyota hilux revo 2017 2.4L 2GD engine 6 speed manual transmission and want to convert it to dual clutch transmission to make it semi automatic and was wondering if that is possible with this model and engine spec ? And where would I be able to get this dual clutch kit and what else would be needed to change it , I am in Fiji and we don’t have all these complex systems available here so from where can I get it ?, thanks
Montie
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux & Prado

Re: Hilux revo manual to dual clutch system

Post by Montie »

Not directly Toyota related but has reference. I have a Cobra with a 5,7 liter Ford V8 and a manual gearbox, calling for a large clutch and subsequently heavy pedal pressure and power to depress. Being somewhat older now, driving was no longer pleasurable and getting cramps after about 5km or so did not go down well. Well, to cut a long story short, my father had a Fairmont GT with the dual clutch, which my brother-in-law inherited after dad's passing. A clutch shudder had him up the creek and after some "clever" advice replaced it with a single plate clutch. Well, I hung onto that clutch!!!

So, with the Cobra needing to be driven, I thought, WHY NOT?! Many people advised against it but what the heck, i have been hot rodding for a long time!

I then fitted that clutch to the Cobra with dual plates (BMW now) because of the Getrag box, and voila, WHAT A PLEASURE TO DRIVE!!! As soft as a 1200 Nissan's clutch!!And est of all, it is relatively straight forward, some spacers to move the pressure plate back

So, with a bit of time, research, trail and error, it can be done! The clutch was the weakest link, now what will be next?

https://scontent-jnb1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=600EAB12
Last edited by Montie on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montie
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux & Prado

Re: Hilux revo manual to dual clutch system

Post by Montie »

The Cobra undergoing the "operation"... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 0..&type=3

Return to “General Mods”