Hilux Black Ops Edition

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
thethirdking
Town: Wallan - Australia
Vehicle: YN67 Hilux DC

Hilux Black Ops Edition

Post by thethirdking »

Hi, everybody, had a heap of messages wanting to know more about my truck. So here goes.

The engine is a standard 2.2 4y with redback extractors and currently in the process of EFI. Thanks Chris Dicks for shipping me
a Diktator STD ECU.

I have put the rear springs up front which gave me another 3 inches of clearance so my 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's don't rub even under full compression. The shocks are Rancho RS5000 all round with 4"up and 12"of down travel. IFS rear springs in the rear to replace the ones I used in the front. The springs sit on 2"extended shackles with the rear shocks being inverted. A disk brake rear end has been done with a tailshaft handbrake, one of the best mods ever. High Steer has also been fitted however I would not really recommend it. It made my steering much lighter than standard PS. A 120lt long range fuel tank, ARB diff locks front and rear, custom made rear tub lid and a Patrol roof rack cut down to fit the Hilux roof. The interior is out of a 4runner with Smittybuilt Jeep Military style seat covers. HD video camera's front and rear since you have very limited vision through the back window, with a spare on top and the ability to carry another underneath. There is also a 80lt water tank in the back, with a swingaway wheel carrier off a 4runner to carry a shovel or hi lift jack if needed. Those roof lights are pretty useless but just add to the theme of the truck. An LED lightbar just above the warn 12000lb winch turns night into day.
Currently I am doing the EFI conversion and fitting the Trail Creeper reduction gears into the transfer case as the 33"tyres made it run away a bit on steep downward slopes.
Attachments
Hilux Black Ops Edition.jpg
(106.95 KiB) Downloaded 1115 times
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hilux Black Ops Edition

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks for the interesting info about the truck, Lee. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looking forward to reading more about your mods as they take shape, and perhaps also about some of your excursions with the 'old girl' ..... pics included of course. :D:

Would also like to see some pics of what you've done with the interior, that would be great. ;-)

P.S.
Damn, that truck looks good! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
thethirdking

Post by thethirdking »

Yeah no problem Mud Dog. Weekend is coming so I'll post some more up. Made some military style rock slider steps which are now fitted onto the truck also.
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
beautiful van
swartvark
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: SFA HiLEX V8; Suzuki GSF1200s Bandit

Post by swartvark »

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread...
That is what a hilux should look like. :thumbup:
MUD........GLORIOUS MUD!!!!!

Your friendly VW salesperson......(with a passion for SFA Hiluxes)

NEED A CAR?
talk2tiaan@gmail.com
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

thethirdking wrote:Yeah no problem Mud Dog. Weekend is coming so I'll post some more up. Made some military style rock slider steps which are now fitted onto the truck also.
Sounds great! Looking forward to it. :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
b4runner
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: oregon US
Vehicle: 1981 Toyota Trekker

Post by b4runner »

interesting that you didn't like going to high steer.
On my 81 getting rid of the stock push-pull steering and converting to an IFS P/S box was one of the best mods I have done handling wise.
1981 Toyota Trekker. Full internal Roll Cage, Dual Transfer Cases (2.28x4.7) 5.29 gears = 220:1
35" Goodyear Kevlar MTR's
thethirdking

Post by thethirdking »

I guess for me it just made the steering ultra light to the point where its hard to feel the road when you drive. It certainly made it more responsive and better flex but I did prefer the standard power steering setup.

Return to “General Mods”