Calling the diesel heads - please advise

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Calling the diesel heads - please advise

Post by Donkey »

Hi

Since the overhaul I no longer get the +-650km range I used to get on a full tank of diesel. I was also made aware by Fransisco after last month's Bridgestone, while driving behind me, that my truck was smoking - black smoke that is. To me it meant it's over-fueling and that was also confirmed on a thread here on the forum. First place I looked at was to remap the chip, but according to the tuner the older generation chips have a tendency to loose their memory and therefore their mapping. So chip is out and we're now back on standard ECU and according to the tuner, and Sebata who drove behind me also no more smoking, so that's a step in the right direction. As far as I know injector tips are new and the diesel pump was not touched, maybe a case of recalibration of both? :think:

However, on our recent Lesotho trip, we barely got 420km on a tank, which still means that some diesel is still being wasted. What else should I consider looking at and who around Jo'burg, Kempton, Benoni, Boksburg or even Pretoria sorrounding areas will be able to look at it?

Any input will be really appreciated. Also maybe a general idea of costs related to such repairs.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Re: Calling the diesel heads - please advise

Post by AM Racing »

Get the pump timing checked. Reinstallthe chip and get it retuned....... 450km eish.....
ImageImageImage
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Official hilux 4x4 club recovery vehicle
Club VHF Licence: X 43

Post by JEEPIE »

getyour pump checked
guy i use is raymond in chamdor
get your chip remapped too
just check the injectors again
OFFICIAL HILUX 4x4 RECOVERY VEHICLE

if you want to change this to recovered , first recover me - and have a relevant picture / foto to prove it !
ADVANCED 4x4 DRIVER COURSES DONE : US 254135 / US 254154
(STILL AWAITING SO-CALLED TETA CERTIFICATION VIA THE SERVICE PROVIDER AFRICAN OFF-ROAD ACADEMY - WHAT A JOKE)
Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Jeep Commander 3.0 Limited
Club VHF Licence: B338

Post by Ali3n »

Eish donkey, thats heavy. Good luck buddy.

What ever you do do NOT use West Rand Diesel and Auto Electrical. Bunch of crooks and all they know how to do is stuff up your van. :evil:
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED
ImageImageImage Link BrokenImageImage Link Broken
Custom built Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Belly protection.... Anything you can think of
Cell: 076 122 3744 E-Mail: fpanaino@gmail.com
Bear Grylls calls it "Ultimate Survival", overlanders call it "Camping"
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Shaun please may I have his details :thumbup:
Thanks guys for the input.
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

What about Dastek, the manufacturers of the chip? 012 347 1747

One thing to remember: Since you got new suspension, the total frontal area of your truck increased which means you now have more wind resistance and that equals to more fuel being used.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Dastek could probably repair their chip, but then again it is donkey years and that specific one is known to loose it's maps according to the tuner, hence I pulled it out.

The consumption has been bad even prior the suspension lift, but immediately after the overhaul.
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage

Return to “General Mods”