EGR valve

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
Mikehill
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux D4D. DC 4x4

EGR valve

Post by Mikehill »

Advice please. D4D - EGR unit. I have recently become aware of blocking off this valve.
Is it a good idea ? Pros and Cons ? Who offers this service on the East Rand ?
Montie
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux & Prado

Re: EGR valve

Post by Montie »

I also read up on the matter and came across a very well presented video explaining the reasons and function of this EGR valv, This is as a baseline for yourself to decide whether to block or keep it standard. Based on this video, my decision was not to block the supply pipe to the EGR. However, I was still concerned abut the possible clogging of the valve itself and choking of the downstream components such as the intake manifold, as demonstrated on so many aussie videos on this EGR matter.

So last week Saturday, I disassembled the air intake system, and much to my surprise, and with more than 300 00km's on the clock,the components and intake manifold had very little and I mean very little carbon deposits. Understandably I was perplexed by this finding, i then tried to get answers /opinions on this matter on this forum, but had no bites yet.
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Re: EGR valve

Post by Die$eL »

@montie have you had the vehicle from new?
Could be that the EGR has already been disabled via the software by a previous owner.
My D4D with less than 160 000kms had a very dirty EGR. Looked like it was packed with wheel bearing grease

I've disabled the EGR on my Isuzu via software. No issues
Real drivers use three pedals

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”