P2008 fault code help

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
Rosh Rox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Umhlanga
Vehicle: Hilux D4D 4x4 DC

P2008 fault code help

Post by Rosh Rox »

Hi. Is there someone that might be able to help diagnose the problem im having with my 2010 1KD Hilux d4d. The vehicle goes into limp mode when im loaded and driving up a hill. As soon as i get to about 3000rpm. A fault code comes up as P2008. Inlet Runner control circuit bank 1 fault. I have removed and cleaned the egr, inlet manifold and MAF sensor but still the same problem.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: P2008 fault code help

Post by Mud Dog »

Have a look at the link below, Robert. Hope it helps.

viewtopic.php?t=29970
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Rosh Rox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Rosh Rox »

Thanks Mud Dog. Will look into that.

Rosh Rox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Rosh Rox »

Thanks again Mud Dog. Post was helpful but still did not help me solve my problem. I have fitted a new MAF sensor as it was not giving the correct readings. It has helped slightly with performance but still get the fault code P2008 when pulling up hill at 3000rpm. The MAP sensor tests fine. The only other thing i can think of is to replace the solenoid that controls the vacuum to the swirl valve controller. Now this is where it gets tricky! The agents have told me that part only comes complete with a full new inlet manifold at a ridiculously high price. They even showed me on there PC. Surely a small solenoid valve could be replaced on its own? Does anyone have any info on this?

lillejon
Town: ulsteinvik
Vehicle: lc120 2006 3.0d

Post by lillejon »

did you solve this? i have the same problem
Rosh Rox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Rosh Rox »

Hi. Yes i did. After replacing the MAF sensor and the solenoid i eventually found a video on youtube showing how the solenoid opens the swirl control flaps and the two vacuum pipes on the solenoid were the wrong way around. I just swopped them around and all good now. My car only started giving code after it was serviced so i suspect someone pulled off the vacuum pipes and mixed them around. Super easy fix but took me awhile to figure it out. Ill try find the video and maybe it will help you.

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk

Rosh Rox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Rosh Rox »

https://youtu.be/dowUX8pEjR0.

lillejon

Post by lillejon »

was it only the two vacuumhoses that was mixed? or was it problem with the MAF and the solenoid to?
Rosh Rox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Rosh Rox »

So mine was just the two vacuum hoses that had been swopped around. Not the easiest solenoid to get to as its right at the back of the motor below the EGR valve but worth a try! The car pulled better and had no more code. Image

lillejon

Post by lillejon »

is the empty connector where to mount the hose to the clock?
lillejon

Post by lillejon »

i mounted a camera close to the clock, and started the car, so the solenoid alv valve works, i also cleaned the MAF with brakecleaner, took it to the dealer and tested the car with a heavy trailer,no bad reading on the diagnostic live data, no error so far, so maybe it just was a dirty MAF on my car,
Rosh Rox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Rosh Rox »

Not sure what the clock is but if cleaning the MAF helped thats great news. If you still do get a code pulling up a hill at around 3000rpm then try swopping those vacuum hoses around.

lillejon

Post by lillejon »

the "clock" it the vavuum-thing thats move the rod to the valves, if i swopping the hoses i think the valve will be stuck all time, this weekend i took the car for a ride with camera close to the "clock", once i start the car the valve close, and once i accelerate the valve open, once i release the pedal it goes to close again,

i meassures the ressistant on the valve, it was around 36ohm at 7degrees

i hope all are ok for now, because it is only one place the car gets problem, it is in european deepest underwater tunel. and it will not be funny to call assistance there, then the tunel will be closed until my car is out:)

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”