Ultrafine Depth Filtration

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
demond1
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: Fortuner V6 4.0 4x4 2007

Ultrafine Depth Filtration

Post by demond1 »

Hi Guys.

Does anyone have experience with the UDF filtration devices?

Considering fitting one to my 2005 model 2.5 D4D. The main reason is to save the injectors. Would appreciate any feedback if someone has fitted one.
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: Ultrafine Depth Filtration

Post by Mars »

I believe the UDF filters are quite expensive. I Installed a Racor 2 micron filter after the OEM filter when I installed new injectors. Obvioulsy I could not discern any difference in performance and one will only know in the long run if the Racor filter made a difference. I did about 280 000 ks on my original injectors and when I replaced them only one was out of spec. This was with only the standard factory toyota filter which I replaced every 20 000ks. In the end of the day the real thing that stuffs up your injectors quickly is water.
demond1
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: Fortuner V6 4.0 4x4 2007

Post by demond1 »

Mars wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:43 pm I believe the UDF filters are quite expensive. I Installed a Racor 2 micron filter after the OEM filter when I installed new injectors. Obvioulsy I could not discern any difference in performance and one will only know in the long run if the Racor filter made a difference. I did about 280 000 ks on my original injectors and when I replaced them only one was out of spec. This was with only the standard factory toyota filter which I replaced every 20 000ks. In the end of the day the real thing that stuffs up your injectors quickly is water.
Thanks for the feedback.

Apparently the UDF filters prevent water too. The water swells them up which prevents Diesel from flowing through and the driver will experience a drastic drop in power, which alerts them to the need to clean the filter.
Frontier 320
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Isuzu KB320

Post by Frontier 320 »

Keep in mind that the smaller on the microns you go the less water you will trap. This is why diesels motors on mines with bad fuel have 2 to 4 filters. They work in stages and for different filtration.

Rather fit a Donaldson 11 micron before the original filter. The 11 micron will trap all the water and filter the bigger stuff before the oem filter.

The one Donaldson uses is bellow. It’s a 11 micron.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... d9a9ed.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”