ARB Compressor

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
Ebersohn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC, 1994 Cruiser 80VX, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1975 Landy Shorty

ARB Compressor

Post by Ebersohn »

Gents, I have fitted a dual battery system in the 2011 Vigo D4D's engine bay, it works like a charm... Now.. where am I going to fit the ARB compressor so it can handle a front diff locker (if I can find a good 2nd hand one...) AND be used for inflating the tyres? :crazy:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: ARB Compressor

Post by Mud Dog »

Hmmmm ...... I don't think you need a 2nd battery to run the ARB compressor, not even for a winch. So why have the 2nd battery up front?

What you do need a second battery for is to run things like camping fridge / freezer, lights etc., and that mostly stuff that is in the back.

Rather relocate your 2nd battery to where it's needed, and where you don't have voltage drops because of the long cable run from front to back. If you use a DC to DC charger (also mounted in the back) to keep it charged from the main battery, then you don't need to run heavy gauge cables at all.

Just M2CW. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Ebersohn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC, 1994 Cruiser 80VX, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1975 Landy Shorty

Re: ARB Compressor

Post by Ebersohn »

Hey Muds, you're right, but it is in (National Luna System) and the 3rd (Mobile) battery is in the back. Twice I had problems in 35+ degree heat when driving around to charge the batteries was not an option. Most of the time the fridge is behind the front seats, back seat removed, extra power point installed. Have a Steca 1515 in the back for the solar as well. Then..... today got a 6 month old complete system: 105ah Deep cycle, 1500 watt continuous power inverter, box with 4 Harrisons AND a Cteck 250 S Dual at a price I could not resist!! Sooo, have to think about this now....

Oohh yes, the compressor.... We'll fit it somewhere... :lol:

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”