How to tighten my dash airvent???

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
Tyrone D4D
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: cape town
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D

How to tighten my dash airvent???

Post by Tyrone D4D »

On my 2006 Hilux I have discovered that the airvent on top of my dash(the one that is used to demist the windscreen)is 'loose' and rattles on certain RPM's.I tried to look from under my dash to see if I can get there but there's cover on the drivers side and the fan is on the passanger side so I couldn't get in there.Anyone have this problem before?How you tighten it?Super glue?Lol
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Re: How to tighten my dash airvent???

Post by Haboob »

Tyrone,
I have not had this problem, but would think that superglue would work if applied from the top. Just be careful not to get the glue on the windscreen as it would always leave a mark where it touches the windscreen. The other sugestion would be to clip it out from the top, usinga small screwdriver.
The best sugestion would be togo to a local panelbeater, who would have experience in removing these airvents, so would be able to advise you on what to do...
Edge.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
MCHILUX
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion Gauteng
Vehicle: Mazda Rustler 16v

Post by MCHILUX »

The only way to get to that vent is to take the top part of the dashboard out then all the ductings for the side vents. Best would be to buy new one from agents because it secures with clips on the body if the clips are broken there isn't space to glue it
Oupa Stig
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

My KZ's airvent's trim is loose and has caused the vent groove to close, smack bang in front of the driver, so cold mornings the demister clears the entire windshield EXCEPT in front of driver...
But the windshield is also cracked and needs to be replaced, and when I get the PG guys to come to my house (thanx, Santam) and they remove the windshield I'll quickly place a wedge in to keep the trim sections apart and open up the vent while the windshield is out. No other way to reach without stripping the darn dash and possibly ending up with broken clips and rattles and and and...
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
Tyrone D4D
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: cape town
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by Tyrone D4D »

This is one of those cases where its actualy meant to be easy to sort out but its not!!!I even removed the plastic surounding of my dials/clocks,it kinda gives you access if you have thin little JAP hands and arms but I don't.Its very funny actualy mine doesn't rattle all the time so its another sound/noise that I must just learn to live with or strip 80% of the dash and hope can remember how to put it all back.
carlo4e
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Groblersdal
Vehicle: Hilux V6

Post by carlo4e »

I have the same problem, stripped it down 3 or 4 times already with no luck. Next I'll take off as much as possible and have the Wife drive while I try to spot it. Let you know if I find it.
私のハイラックスが大好きです

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”