Cruise Conrol Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
Titos
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D4d D/Cab

Cruise Conrol Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by Titos »

Good day,
Will it be possibile to fit the Cruise Control unit of a 2009 upwards model from a Hilux/Fortuner to a 2005 - 2008 model?
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Cruise Conrol Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome to the forum, Thinus! :thumbup:

Don't know of that having been done before, but that's not to say it can't be done. Anything is possible if you throw enough time and money at it, and again, that may not necessarily be the case here ... might be an easy modification ... just don't know what's all entailed. Hopefully someone here will be able to steer you in the right direction. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: D4D 3.0l

Post by FUDGES »

Yes it can be done I also looked in to it last year. Just google it I can't remember the name now. Its an after market product and as I understant its the same people that does toyota's! It was about R5500 last year,
Titos

Post by Titos »

Thanx for your replies, What i already did was to obtail a steering wheel with the steering stalk as well as the "slip ring" from a later model Hilux (2010 S/cab 4x4). Everything fitted perfectly and all the wires fitted perfectly. My only problem now lies at the bottom of the steering wheel as the plug (cruise control & horn) only got 1 (original) wire (red & white) instead of three wires (the other 2 for the cruise control). I am really of the opinion that all the Hilux's use the same wiring harnass as the Speedo Cluster etc.2009 upwards) works perfectly. I am sure there must be somebody who know the answer.
Stephan_V
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 07 Hilux D4D

Post by Stephan_V »

I have the after market cruise control fitted but it does not work of the steering wheel. (Its a seperate lever below the whiper switch.) So I will not be of much help. What I can tell you is the cruise control works great on mine.

I am interested to know about your steering wheel upgrade. I would REALY like to fit a steering wheel with radio controls in my bakkie. (That being said I have an after market sound system which is supposed to work with the steering controls but I will cross that bridge when I get there. )
Titos

Post by Titos »

Thanx for your reply. I did figure out how to fit the info centre in the middle console giving you info such as outside temp,km/l etc. as well as fitting the new dash as in the 2009 upwards models.Everything just work perfectly!

I am still battling with the multifuntion steering wheel because i do not know if the wiring harnass of a 2010 model and 2007 model will be the same.

Who fitted your speed control and what did it cost?
Stephan_V
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 07 Hilux D4D

Post by Stephan_V »

Had mine fitted by "e-car" not sure if you have one in your area. If I remember correctly it was around R2,5K (maybe 3) I will go and find the invoice so I can tell you the brand and price. From talking to the guys at e-car it was a pretty easy installation.
Tollieman
Town: Kathu
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux extra cab 3.0, 2007 Fortuner 3.0

Post by Tollieman »

Titos wrote:Thanx for your replies, What i already did was to obtail a steering wheel with the steering stalk as well as the "slip ring" from a later model Hilux (2010 S/cab 4x4). Everything fitted perfectly and all the wires fitted perfectly. My only problem now lies at the bottom of the steering wheel as the plug (cruise control & horn) only got 1 (original) wire (red & white) instead of three wires (the other 2 for the cruise control). I am really of the opinion that all the Hilux's use the same wiring harnass as the Speedo Cluster etc.2009 upwards) works perfectly. I am sure there must be somebody who know the answer.

Did you manage to connect this? I have the same problem, only the one wire instead of three at the bottom. please let me know if you succeeded.

Thanx
AlbertM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla

Post by AlbertM »

Hi Guys
I can help you on your problems with the original switch for the cruise control. You will need to tell me what you have got Email me pics and I will tell you how to solve this. Ive been doing cruise controls for 12 years. afinstallers@vodamail.co.za
AlbertM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by AlbertM »

Hi ysternel. You can fit the original cruise control switch to your hilux with a Toyota approved cruise control.
Attachments
IMG_20140203_063350.jpg
IMG_20140203_063350.jpg (120.52 KiB) Viewed 9816 times
AlbertM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by AlbertM »

The problem you have on your vehicle is that there is no cruise control in the computer box. You have to fit an aftermarket cruise. The wiring from the spiral cord or clock spring to the aftermarket cruise is no problem at all
AlbertM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by AlbertM »

Yes you can. I have a spare switch brand new if you need 1
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

What do you charge for the install Albert?
AlbertM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by AlbertM »

A complete kit and installation will cost you R5500 with a aftermarket switch. R 6500 if you want a Original Toyota switch
Mufasa
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Bloemfontein
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D DC

Post by Mufasa »

And what's the price if one fit it self?
AlbertM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by AlbertM »

Not that easy to fit. Involves some programming as well. Where are you from?
Mufasa
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Bloemfontein
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D DC

Post by Mufasa »

What needs to be programmed? Isn't it a plug in system? I'm from bfn.
AlbertM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by AlbertM »

You do get the plug n play systems which wil cost round a bout R7000 to R7500. Mine is the exactly the same except it's needs programming and wiring of brake clutch and vss signals

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”