ECU System for '03 built in Colombia S.A. Hilux 4x4

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alejandria Antioquia Colombia SA
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

ECU System for '03 built in Colombia S.A. Hilux 4x4

Post by JAMES399 »

As I've posted many many times before, I have a '03 hilux DCSB 4x4 built in Colombia South America. This truck is unlike Hiluxes built elsewhere as it has the 2.4 liter engine, and not the 2.7 liter installed in trucks everywhere else in the world. The truck was in near perfect condition when I bought it. After making a lot of upgrades and fixing the few problems, I've replaced the body mounts, front diff mounts, and rebuilt the front and rear suspensions. Now, I am ready to tackle the engine, but I need to know the specifics on the engine control system. The factory manuals do not show the ECU diagram for my 2RZ-FE engine.
Does anyone know where I can access this info. I went to a local dealer, and was told that they just plug it into the computer and do what it tells them. I don't want to fool around with it blind. Help anyone??

- JAMES
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: ECU System for '03 built in Colombia S.A. Hilux 4x4

Post by Mud Dog »

This is an area that I'm not too familiar with but it's my understanding that the factory ECU's don't provide many setting parameters and then you have to have the right equipment / software to read and adjust. It might be a better idea to replace with a fully programmable after market unit.

There are a number of them available on our local market and I think locally produced, the best of which is arguably the Spitronics range but I doubt that you will get them there. Just load the software onto your laptop, plug in the interface and you can manipulate everything you need to (and more) throughout the rev and load range a 200rpm intervals. This is normally done on a dyno (rolling road) by a competent person and then even an actual road test with adjustments if necessary.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”