Fortuner 2018 roof load capacity

You can ask your Fortuner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
uweg
Town: Nairobi
Vehicle: Fortuner 2018 2.8GD

Fortuner 2018 roof load capacity

Post by uweg »

Dear and hi all,
I think I'm in the right place here :thumbup: .
It's most probably me being blind, but for the life of it....I can't find the static/dynamic max roof load in the manual of our 2018 Fortuner 2.8GD6.
We have installed proper bolted metal rails into the roof, with a 'big country" roofrack, so I do believe the 75Kg which refers to the original plastic roofrails don't apply....
Toyota Nairobi/Kenya is not so helpful in the moment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Uwe

Frosty
Town: Great Brak
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Re: Fortuner 2018 roof load capacity

Post by Frosty »

The Fact that you replaced the roof rails is defenately helping but the roof limit is usually not determined by the Rails you have on but rather by the ability of the roof supporting a load, The roof rack is another factor that you must keep in mind. Then you have the on and the off road ratings that might also be different.

I am no expert on this but the 75 Kg sounds about right but remember that includes your roof rack and brackets weights. The Hilux is also rated to 75 KG.
Frosty
Town: Great Brak
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Post by Frosty »

This was placed on anothe forum just for info.

Think total weight was around 150kg... and think it was to much for the std rails as my roof rack is one of those that bolts onto the std rails. I will not exceed 80.. maybe 90kg on the rails. As I had some damage
uweg
Town: Nairobi
Vehicle: Fortuner 2018 2.8GD

Post by uweg »

:thumbup: thanks mate!!
we travelled from SA to Kenya including quite a quantity of rough off road.
total weight with the rooftent and carrier was 110Kg. No probs at all.
I do think however it makes a big difference with the boltet metal rails compared to the plastic standard rails...
Cheers, Uwe

Return to “Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Forum”