Fortuner Luggage Carrier options

You can ask your Fortuner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
Doctor V
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Land Cruiser FJ62 3F

Fortuner Luggage Carrier options

Post by Doctor V »

So sitting with a bit of a problem. The middle seat in the Fortuner has a stupid lap belt, and with kid nr 3 on the way, I have to move the eldest to one of the jump seats(I have to put the space stealer back again). Thus, for quickly going away, I can prob get away with everything inside the vehicle (strap the pram onto the load bars! hahaha)

So my question is what options do I have without killing the bank. Roofracks are awesome, barring you pack everything in plastic containers. The missus might not like a bag of wet clothes! Also, it is a bit too high for her and she might need a ladder to reach.

Second option is a roofbox on the load bars, but limited to size that it can take, and to be honest, very expensive

3rd Option would be something that fits on the towbar, that can carry a bit of load, AND swings away (since I need to access the back seat etc) WECA makes something, but not sure if that would be the right option.

Last item would be to get someone to make a custom rack for the back. either strap a big plastic box on or a stainless\aluminium box.

Any Fortuner\SUV Owners with similar problems?
'07 D4D Fortuner 4X4, OME with BF AT's
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 4X4 DC Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Re: Fortuner Luggage Carrier options

Post by WayneSchalk »

Space is a BIG problem, don't forget a trailer as an option, then you ca load the mountain bikes and all the other things too....

Return to “Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Forum”