Hilux Maintenance tips

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Dent-off-grid
Town: Gd6
Vehicle: Namibia

Hilux Maintenance tips

Post by Dent-off-grid »

Good day everyone, iam new to this forum. coming all the way from audi, well i recently purchased
a 2018 hilux 2.4 gd6 DC 4x4 Auto with 110 000km full service history from dealer. previous belonged to a rental company.

The vehicle looks decent and i have taken it offroad (gravel & soft sand) 400km two times and it handled everything like a pro.

Are there any maintenance tips that i should consider to extend the life span of my engine, box and suspension, thank you.
pieta.swanepoel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD-6 SR 4x4 SC

Re: Hilux Maintenance tips

Post by pieta.swanepoel »

Normal type of ideas:
don't skip services;
replace engine oil and filter more regularly than required if doing heavy 4x4;
make sure the air filter is always clean and that the airbox seals tightly (I always put grease around the edges to seal it);
fuel filter is clean and add second pre-filter as precaution;
grease the drivetrain and suspension, add greaseable points if you don't already have;
balance and rotate wheels and do regular wheel alignment;
make sure radiator (and exhaust) is clean from grass and seeds;

Go and lay under the vehicle and check for things that might be loose, damaged, leaking, etc. That way you can catch things earlier.
And if you don't plan on doing all the work yourself, get a good reputable mechanic.
Groot berge en lang grondpaaie

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”