Used Hilux advice needed

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
WarrenB1
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: None ATM

Used Hilux advice needed

Post by WarrenB1 »

Hello everyone. I am looking at buying myself my first Hilux. I have no interest in looking at any other bakkie and have my sights set on a 2.8 GD6 extra cab.

I have found a pretty decent used 2016 Raider 2.8 extra cab 4x4 that fits my budget. The only major concern I have is that it has 190 000 kms on the clock. It has had one owner since new and was used extensively on a farm. It has full service history with the agents.

Should I be concerned about the high milage? Are there any other potential issues that I should be concerned about?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: Used Hilux advice needed

Post by Mars »

Hi Warren. Mileage on any vehicle is relative. It depends on how well it was looked after. You will need to judge for yourself based on things like the service history, overall appearance and a test drive. Toyotas have high resale values because they are known for giving high mileage and reliability.

If the price is right, I would personally not be deterred by the mileage.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”