Mystery Part

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
dax021
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harkerville WC
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 4Y

Mystery Part

Post by dax021 »

Hi, can anyone maybe help identifying this part please. I had to remove my tank to investigate a leak, which turned out to be a cracked filler hose. While cleaning the tank, I heard something rattling around inside, so opened the level sender unit to look inside and this popped out after a lot of shaking. It looks like it could be a hose clamp that gets crimped on, although I've never seen one like it and for the life of me can't work out where it could have come from. Looks like it's S/St, but is attracted by a magnet, so maybe just plated. All I can think is that it got dropped down the filler hole in days gone by.

Any ideas
Collar 1.jpg
Collar 2.jpg
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: Mystery Part

Post by Mars »

Definitely looks like a hose clamp but I am at a loss where it has come from. Maybe the fuel pickup but I am not sure what it looks like.
dax021
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harkerville WC
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 4Y

Re: Mystery Part

Post by dax021 »

Thanks Marnus. Funny, I was wondering just the other day what had happened to you. I have not seen a post from you for some time. When the tank was out, I removed the pickup and sensor units, and didn't notice anything untoward on those pipes. To be honest, I didn't particularly look at clamps on the inside (in hindsight, rather dof), but both pipes are secure.
The tank is now resprayed and back in operation and working fine, with no leaks, so it is not really an issue, rather just out of interest. Thanks for the input though. Below is a pic of the leak I found on the filler pipe
20210328_131619.jpg

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”