What has become of Hilux4x4.co.za?

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

What has become of Hilux4x4.co.za?

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Now and again I log in to get some info and read the topics under discussion. The last 18 months the activity has become shockingly low.

Now I log in and see posts of over 5 hours old and admin did not remove this spam? I also got a warning from my apple phone that my info on this forum might have been compromised.

What happened to the admin monitoring these threads, verifying users? I understand verifying users can be difficult, but heck - look at this forum name below and tell me that your gut thought does not tell you this is suspicious.

I will have no other option but close my account if my details have been compromised.

Admin - please respond.
Attachments
E623DFDA-8E27-4186-A2FB-1FCF0680FF6A.png
Sent from my iPhone
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: What has become of Hilux4x4.co.za?

Post by Family_Dog »

Take a deep breath, we do have real-time jobs as well and cannot sit here 24/7 waiting to pounce on some godless creature. FYI, the IP of every new user is first checked against a list of known spammers, if any doubt, he is banned immediately. This turd checked clean and was approved, his credentials appeared flawless. All his posts have now been removed and his IP address is banned from the forum.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Rebel 4x4

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Family_Dog wrote:Take a deep breath, we do have real-time jobs as well and cannot sit here 24/7 waiting to pounce on some godless creature. FYI, the IP of every new user is first checked against a list of known spammers, if any doubt, he is banned immediately. This turd checked clean and was approved, his credentials appeared flawless. All his posts have now been removed and his IP address is banned from the forum.

-F_D
Cool. I understand how a forum work. An old colleague was part of the team of 4x4 community forum.

But common sense should also be applied when these “checks” are done. Just the name should have been the first sign or a dead giveaway before even attempting to check against known spammers.

But more than 6 hours later and not 1 mod that picked it up is in my eyes a bit too long.

Nonetheless, at least the turd is out of the picture. It amazes me how they take the time to register etc. to gain information and spread their bad intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone
dax021
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harkerville WC
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 4Y

Post by dax021 »

Wow Rebel, I realise you must be a bit upset especially now that you live in a new city (that would upset me too), but I'm sure the mod's have a tough time of running the forum. They do this free of charge for the benefit of the Hilux community. Be nice, there are good guys and wankers on all forums, it is the nature of the beast. I too find the forum has been a bit slow lately, but it is a world of knowledge for me and I would be a lot poorer without it.
Rebel 4x4

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

dax021 wrote:Wow Rebel, I realise you must be a bit upset especially now that you live in a new city (that would upset me too), but I'm sure the mod's have a tough time of running the forum. They do this free of charge for the benefit of the Hilux community. Be nice, there are good guys and wankers on all forums, it is the nature of the beast. I too find the forum has been a bit slow lately, but it is a world of knowledge for me and I would be a lot poorer without it.
I think you overestimate the emotion of this thread and then snowballing it a bit bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Thank you Thomas. I appreciate your concern. As the guys mentioned before all the mods are busy with their daily jobs.

What can help us a lot is if members can please report such spam posts the moment they see it . That way one of the mods can act quicker to remove it.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”