Navigation and multimedia system

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Karyn
Town: JOHANNESBURG
Vehicle: Hilux GD-6 2.4 2020

Navigation and multimedia system

Post by Karyn »

I need assistance with my Toyota Hilux 2020 GD-6 navigation and multimedia system. I’m hoping someone else may have found a solution to my problem. Toyota customer service have not been helpful.

This is a two part question : I would like to know if I can download maps or Google maps etc onto the system. It shows a tab for “Maps” but there is nothing loaded. The system refers to something called AppSuite and installing it via USB but I can’t find out anything about it or where to download it.

Is it possible to load maps to the system ? I can connect the system to the WiFi in my house and on my phone with no problem.

Ideally it would be preferable to download maps directly to the system. But I’ll take any solution at the moment. So failing that option I would like to mirror the Waze app on my smartphone. The MirrorLink app built in the system only works with Android devices apparently (I have an iPhone XS Max). MiraCast which is Apple compatible is built into the system. I have loaded it on my phone and the system searches for a MiraCast device but for some reason doesn’t “see” my phone. I am not sure if I need the Pro version of the app perhaps? (but I don’t want to pay for an app that ultimately won’t work)

Is there any way to screen cast/mirror an iPhone to the system? It connects beautifully for phone calls and to listen to music but I am struggling with the mirroring.

Can anyone assist??

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”