ABS Switch off in REVO

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Spaniard
Town: Montelora Lugo
Vehicle: Hilux

ABS Switch off in REVO

Post by Spaniard »

Hello guys!!

it's Julio, from Spain!!

I've just bought a 2017 Hlux Revo... and I'm gonna build a good 4x4 for sand and mud.

I've own in the past some other cars like Nissan Safari, etc but this new car has a lot of electronic stuff.

In concrete, I would like to switch off the ABS.

I found the fuses for ABS1 & 2 but the thing is, it's a weird fuse, kinda 3 on 1 fuse, and if I release it, I will release another functionality and I'm afraid to do that, cause I dont know what's involved on that fuse...

Any suggestions?? It could be great if ABS could be not active in 4x4 Low but in the owners manual, nothing is said about this.
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Re: ABS Switch off in REVO

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Spaniard wrote:Hello guys!!

it's Julio, from Spain!!

I've just bought a 2017 Hlux Revo... and I'm gonna build a good 4x4 for sand and mud.

I've own in the past some other cars like Nissan Safari, etc but this new car has a lot of electronic stuff.

In concrete, I would like to switch off the ABS.

I found the fuses for ABS1 & 2 but the thing is, it's a weird fuse, kinda 3 on 1 fuse, and if I release it, I will release another functionality and I'm afraid to do that, cause I dont know what's involved on that fuse...

Any suggestions?? It could be great if ABS could be not active in 4x4 Low but in the owners manual, nothing is said about this.
Hi Julio, why would you like to disable a safety critical component to a vehicle, the ABS system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone
Spaniard

Post by Spaniard »

Hi Rebel!!

On mud and offroad in general, to brake is much more difficult.
Tristin
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: East london
Vehicle: Toyota hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC359

Post by Tristin »

Evening
The abs is linked with the diff lock, the only time the abs will disable will be when the diff lock is engaged.
Spaniard

Post by Spaniard »

Tristin wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:49 pm Evening
The abs is linked with the diff lock, the only time the abs will disable will be when the diff lock is engaged.
Really?? Good to know!! The most difficult zones I always prefeer to start with diff lock!

The only thing is dirty roads... if you want to drive a bit fast, abs is not useful at all...
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Agree with you, I do not like ABS on gravel road or while 4x4'ing either.

If the diff lock switches off the ABS maybe that is where you should start looking.
Maybe somehow send the same signal from the diff lock to the ABS so the ABS think that diff lock is on even if it is not.

I think my Hilux (1999) siwtches off ABS when in low range and for that there is a switch on the gearbox.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”