dual battery system

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
TimTDP
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Legend 50

dual battery system

Post by TimTDP »

I am looking for a dual battery system, with good inverter, that is compatible with a solar panel for my 2020 Hilux
Do I go deep cycle or lithium battery?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: dual battery system

Post by pietpetoors »

LiFePo battery is the best but expensive.

Will it be a permanent fixture or do you want to build something with removable box.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
TimTDP
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Legend 50

Post by TimTDP »

Thanks
Removable box
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Tim i have a National Luna portable dual battery system charger on which I add a CTEK D250S DUAL which also can be link to a solar panel. I can change any time from one charger to the other one and it works like a bomb.

Will add photos per separate link
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Herewith photo of my National Luna dual battery system with CTEK 250S dual charger.
On the big red female plug above the the CTEK charger i connect the 16mm wires with male red plug from the battery. On the small red plug i connect my solar panel

When i want to use the National Luna battery charger i just disconnect the big male red plug and plug it into the National luna red female plug . The National Luna dual battery charger can not be link to a solar panel hence reason why i add a CTEK D250 DUAL battery charger
Attachments
Battery charger.jpg
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”