engine number - location

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
maurits
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: deventer
Vehicle: VW Taro 4x4 diesel

engine number - location

Post by maurits »

Volkswagen Germany sent me this lousy depiction of engine and the location of the engine number.
I can't find the engine number on my Taro Diesel 2L / Hilux V. Most auto brands are focused on their gasoline series
Would diesels have the number stamped elsewhere on the engine block?
Attachments
Motornummer.jpg
Motornummer.jpg (21.79 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: engine number - location

Post by Mud Dog »

I think you will find it where they Indicate it will be. It might be a bit difficult to find and read with it being tucked away behind the thermostat housing - you might have to remove the housing.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
maurits
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: deventer
Vehicle: VW Taro 4x4 diesel

Post by maurits »

I found it. The number sits on a little ridge off of the top side of the cilinder block.

Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20200408_1321514.jpg
IMG_20200408_1321117.jpg
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

:thumbup:

Hopefully VW will now be able to provide some additional info for you. Hoffentlich, vielen Glück! :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”