Back to a hilux

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4

Back to a hilux

Post by Johan Kriel »

After 8 years I bought a hilux again. A 2.8 L50 2x4 DC, mostly for work purposes. Had a FJ and a Prado in this period. Both very nice vehicles, but I missed the load bin. Had to go and a fetch a trailer each time when needed to load some stuff. Both were very good towing vehicles also.

My very first hilux was 3l D4D, just after they came out. Before I had a couple Isuzu's. The Isuzus were a very comfortable drive, but the agent here became too useless.

The D4Ds were a huge improvement over the previous models in terms of its riding quality. Many farmers traded those D4D in for a cruisers complaining they could not load it as they used to load a hilux. :shock2:

I was quit surprise how comfortable this new hilux is. Apparently they increase the length of the back springs to achieve this, compromise the load again, which will not bother me too much . I got a SC and DC cruiser for that. Farm and trip/overland vehicles, so no need for a 4x4 hilux, or to load heavy stuff on it. :D:
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Back to a hilux

Post by Mud Dog »

Congrats and good to hear, Johan. :thumbup:
Trust it'll give you many years of good service. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”