Selling Hilux 4x4 Auto but.....

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Ettienne101
Town: roodepoort
Vehicle: toyota hilux

Selling Hilux 4x4 Auto but.....

Post by Ettienne101 »

Hi all. I am selling my hilux. But has alot of extras on. How do I know what the value will be? Removing all will not work as it as a water tenk with punp etc fitted.

Heard people saying 50 % of the value for all extras as soos as its on your car?

Your advise will be great.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Image Link Broken
Last edited by Ettienne101 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Selling Hilux 4x4 Auto but.....

Post by Mud Dog »

This is unfortunately a reality. Anything that's new immediately becomes 2nd hand the moment you take ownership and loses value against the purchase price. This is compounded in the case of vehicle extras - a prospective buyer may not see the need for those extras within the ambit of his / her personal needs / preferences and is perhaps looking to buy a vehicle that can be modified to suit him / her and doesn't want to pay premium for something that is not needed. They might also want to use similar modifications to what you have, but in a different way /or setup. The extras you have may then be seen as a negative factor and affects the value negatively from their perspective.

You might of course get lucky and find a buyer that wants exactly what you have and is willing to pay for what you've fitted. Finding that buyer is going to be the difficult part.

The best is to remove the extras and sell them separately.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”