Continental tyres

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
sasafaris
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durban
Vehicle: hilux 4x4 KZTE

Continental tyres

Post by sasafaris »

I have to put new tyres on my KZTE 4x4 double cab.
I cannot afford Coopers again :shock2:
My dealer has suggested the Continentals. Any comments from folks who are/have used them?
Off road will be a small part of general use now, but when I am off road the conditions can get interesting.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: Continental tyres

Post by pietpetoors »

No experience with Conti , but also get a price on Yokohoma Geolander G15, they not much expensive.

I have it on my Touareg and is impressed with it. Did many gravel miles and so far no punctures. Many people say a T-reg eats a set of tyres within 40k km, the tyres now did 20k tyres and still have plenty of life left, seems like I might get about 60 to 70k km out of them. Yokohoma's web site says they can do 96k km.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: Continental tyres

Post by Mars »

I have a bakkie that does deliveries and I have had many sets of tires on there over the past 550 000 kilometers. The best thus far have proven to be the Hankook Dynapros but they are also expensive now. The worst was Good Year Wrangler (by a long shot). I have Continental World contacts on there now and they are looking good so far. Good wear and no punctures and a fair price. The tyres work extremely hard.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”