How do i remove wheel arch trim on KZTE ?

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
KZTE Nut
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE DC 4x2

How do i remove wheel arch trim on KZTE ?

Post by KZTE Nut »

Hi
Anyone know how to remove the wheel arch trims on KZTE ? I removed the bolts inside the wheel arch but it is still 'vas'
There must be a way to maneuver/unclip the trim. I am trying not to break it... :shock2:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: How do i remove wheel arch trim on KZTE ?

Post by Mud Dog »

With the nuts off it must come free. It's probably just bound fast over time or maybe someone has stuck some glue in there. Try prying it gently along it's length (use a rag behind the tool against the paintwork).
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

P.S. If you don't have a pry tool you can use an old fork or spoon handle that has a curvature in the end, just sharpen the tip a little. :winkx:

Also just check that there are no screws that have been put in on the inside lip. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
KZTE Nut
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE DC 4x2

Post by KZTE Nut »

Thanks Mud Dog ! I will try your method :thumbup:

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”