SEAT BELTS FITTED IN AN EXTRA CAB?

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Northcoastnic
Town: Durban
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D XTRA CAB 4x4

SEAT BELTS FITTED IN AN EXTRA CAB?

Post by Northcoastnic »

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I have a 2014 3.0 D4D 4x4 that is my pride and joy. We use it often to venture into the unknown.

We've recently had a lighty (2months) and need to make a call wether to fit seat belts or upgrade. Preferably we would like to keep the van.

I know its not legal but i have been through road blocks, checkpoint and many borders and no one has ever said anything. This is on surf trips.

Apparently there are points already in place to have seat belts fitted.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nic
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: HILUX LEGEND 45 V6 4.0 4X4

Re: SEAT BELTS FITTED IN AN EXTRA CAB?

Post by Alex2539 »

Northcoastnic wrote:Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I have a 2014 3.0 D4D 4x4 that is my pride and joy. We use it often to venture into the unknown.

We've recently had a lighty (2months) and need to make a call wether to fit seat belts or upgrade. Preferably we would like to keep the van.

I know its not legal but i have been through road blocks, checkpoint and many borders and no one has ever said anything. This is on surf trips.

Apparently there are points already in place to have seat belts fitted.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nic
Hi Nic

There are points...i am also waiting for mine , should be here by end of the month. Legality, i don't know.... my friend's Vigo ext cab has seat belts at the back and it is registered to carry 5 people

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:
Farmerbrown
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Mooi River KZN
Vehicle: 96 SFA D/C 4x4 2.4

Re: SEAT BELTS FITTED IN AN EXTRA CAB?

Post by Farmerbrown »

I got a few mates that put their kids car seats in their X-Cabs . If i had an X- cab , I would put the seats in no problem.
2.4 1996 SFA D/C
2.5 2015 hardbody 4x4 S/C
2013 Everest 4x2
2.5 2012 AWD Kuga(SOLD)
yz250 2 stroke
tw 200 farm bike

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”