Revo Hilux at 40 000 km

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
charlestrum
Town: Windhoek
Vehicle: 2016 Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD6 4x4

Revo Hilux at 40 000 km

Post by charlestrum »

Hi All ,

Just thought I'd share my experiences with the new shape Hilux after 40 000 kms.

The vehicle in question is 2016 2.4 GD SRX 4x4 DC manual.

Fuel Consumption: The consumption runs at 7.6L/100km on highway speeds and 9.5L/100km in the city, which is very good in my opinion.

Off-road stability : I drive a lot of gravel road with some pretty mean corrugations and I must say it is a lot more stable than the previous generation. However in really wet conditions it does tend to slide around a lot , I'm not sure if the stability controls in the Raider version make it fair better or not.

4x4 Low range: I have used the low range 4x4 on my Hilux A LOT and it has really done well in very sandy conditions while towing a fair bit of load.

Cabin : The cabin is a lot more quieter which is good compared to the previous D4D. However , Indont like the cloth arm rests which really attract a lot of dirt.

Issues I have faced: At 25 000 kms the drivers seat stitching started getting lose and the break pads cover in the front wheel started rattling and I took this to the dealership who stitched back the seat and replaced the dust cover with no fuss. At 40 000 km , I noticed a loss of power at high RPMs, the bonnet started rattling and the front bumper started cracking at the same spot where it attaches to the rest of the vehicle. I took in the car to the dealership for these issues and they are going to replace the turbo as its apparently faulty, the bumper is also being replaced and the bonmet was fastened. Has anyone else faced any of these issues?

Otherwise the vehicle drives really well , and the manner in which I put it to use I'm sure to flush out any more manufacturing flaws before the warranty runs out.

My conclusion , I have enjoyed driving the car up to this point but knowing what I know now , I would still buy a hilux but with leather seats (mine are cloth) and the 2.8 Raider for more power (not that the 2.4 isnt good ).
If anyone has the same vehicle please share your experiences as well. Thanks.[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 577ee6.jpg[/IMG]Image[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 76840a.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 2727e4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 6b8c28.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Re: Revo Hilux at 40 000 km

Post by Die$eL »

Thanks for the feedback.

I havent even sat in the new shape yet. Would love to get one once the prices drop a bit and I can afford it.
Real drivers use three pedals
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Thanks for your candid opinions and observations regarding your Revo. I also wish I could afford to be driving one and be in the position to also give my in take on this new model Hilux.

My son works for a very large sawmill in my area and is a diesel mechanic who maintains the heavy plant used in the forest.
He currently drives the vigo 2,5 4x4 as his service vehicle,which will be shortly replaced by the newer Revo as the company keeps the vehicles up to date .The hiluxes are the only vehicles being purchased of late as very serious body structual and and syspention problems are being experienced with some of the other brands of vehicles on the market which are in the company fleet.

This company really has dozens of ldv 4x4's using very bad forest roads daily and the hiluxes have less body breaking and other issues compared to the other competitors products driving the very same roads.

I understand that this comany have also experienced some minor problems with the new Revo but overall the hiluxes have still proved to be a better vehicle with lesser major hastles.

I am certain and hopefull that the problems you have experienced with your revo will be sorted out by the time I am able to afford one.
Happy motoring
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Post by lukestoyzx »

Not the dreaded strut spacers! Has nobody learned yet! Please get them out and your suspension properly! Before you get hurt.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Jaws
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sharonlea
Vehicle: 2009 D4D 4x4

Re: RE: Re: Revo Hilux at 40 000 km

Post by Jaws »

lukestoyzx wrote:Not the dreaded strut spacers! Has nobody learned yet! Please get them out and your suspension properly! Before you get hurt.

Please Luke share your experience. Mine has been in for the last 150 k km without a problem
:thumbup:
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by lukestoyzx »

Pic one was a lux I had come thru work, had 10mm spacers. Pic two is the struts out of my ute, had them spacers in it when I got it. The ute had never been offroad till I got it and thats why they didn't fail earlier. Scary thing is they didn't even fail offroad, simply went thru a causeway in the road at around 80kmh!
Image Link Broken

Image Link Broken

lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by lukestoyzx »

Another lux I had at work with 10mm spacers on OME shocks. They failed out in the middle of nowhere and they had no choice but to drive it to town (2000km!) These actually rolled the ute when the first one broke but luckily nobody was injured seriously and the ute landed on it wheels so they drove it home! Ya just never know when its gunna happen and ya just don't know how dangerous they are till you have one fail! Now I'm not saying they are all bad!! Small ones 6-10mm are fine as long as you modify your bump stops to suit, if you space your struts down 10mm then you need to space your bump stops up 10mm.

Image Link Broken

Image Link Broken

charlestrum
Town: Windhoek
Vehicle: 2016 Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD6 4x4

Re: RE: Re: Revo Hilux at 40 000 km

Post by charlestrum »

lukestoyzx wrote:Not the dreaded strut spacers! Has nobody learned yet! Please get them out and your suspension properly! Before you get hurt.

I've heard the stories, but mine are just small 40mm spacers I think Image , but I'm working getting a full suspension updgrade in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”