ADVICE ON RIMS

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: HILUX LEGEND 45 V6 4.0 4X4

ADVICE ON RIMS

Post by Alex2539 »

Hi there!

I need advice on the rims attached below. I currently have original toyota rims R15s. The ones in the picture are also 15s . I load my bakkie to the maximum, will they be able to cope? And is this a good brand ?

Image Link Broken

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: ADVICE ON RIMS

Post by Mud Dog »

Can't read the brand but I would imagine so. What do the specs say?
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Re: RE: Re: ADVICE ON RIMS

Post by Alex2539 »

Mud Dog wrote:Can't read the brand but I would imagine so. What do the specs say?
They are actually 2nd hand. I went to check them out during the day, 1 will take 750 kg ...which is good(i think)

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

I'm no expert, but I'm wondering if 750kg is not a bit low.

For peace of mind check it against the gross axle weight rating.

I got this off the TSW site ......

" The load rating of a wheel, as determined by the wheel manufacturer, must never be exceeded. Manufacturers identify a wheel’s maximum load rating and tire diameter by checking the back of the wheel or with the wheel manufacturer. If the load rating is not available the wheel should not be used on the vehicle. Wheel load rating requirements are determined by dividing the vehicles heaviest gross axle weight rating by 2. The axle weight rating for most vehicles is shown on the identification label located on the driver’s side door jamb, gas tank door, truck lid or glove compartment "

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Alex2539 »

Mud Dog wrote:I'm no expert, but I'm wondering if 750kg is not a bit low.

For peace of mind check it against the gross axle weight rating.

I got this off the TSW site ......

" The load rating of a wheel, as determined by the wheel manufacturer, must never be exceeded. Manufacturers identify a wheel’s maximum load rating and tire diameter by checking the back of the wheel or with the wheel manufacturer. If the load rating is not available the wheel should not be used on the vehicle. Wheel load rating requirements are determined by dividing the vehicles heaviest gross axle weight rating by 2. The axle weight rating for most vehicles is shown on the identification label located on the driver’s side door jamb, gas tank door, truck lid or glove compartment "

Thanks for the advice. Herewith attached axle load capacity , i will be short of 100 Kg if i am to put them on

Image Link Broken

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

If I read it correctly, the rear axle LC is 1600kg divided by half is 800kg per wheel. That's a bit low as I suspected - take into consideration you're loaded and have to take evasive action or you hit a pothole / bump in the road ..... will it still hold? I wouldn't like to stake my safety, the safety of my family and other road users on it.

Maybe confirm the load rating of the rims before you decide finally. :winkx:

Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Alex2539 »

Mud Dog wrote:If I read it correctly, the rear axle LC is 1600kg divided by half is 800kg per wheel. That's a bit low as I suspected - take into consideration you're loaded and have to take evasive action or you hie a pothole / bump in the road ..... will it still hold? I wouldn't like to stake my safety, the safety of my family and other road users on it.

Maybe confirm the load rating of the rims before you decide finally. :winkx:
Your calculations are correct. baie dankie, goeie Sondag

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

What is wrong with the original Toyota mags?
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Alex2539 »

Haboob wrote:What is wrong with the original Toyota mags?
Nothing, just want the bakkie to look nice

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”