Farm Camping

Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Farm Camping

Post by Harold »

In the June copy of ‘Caravan & Outdoor Life’ there was a report on Farmers providing camping on their farms. During a recent trip to the Cape we made use of a few of such camps and were most impressed by the price and facilities provided.

On future trips we will use ‘Farm Camps’ wherever we can. The problem is finding out where they are.

A suggestion for the forum is to have a sub-section to the “Travel” section where members can post the name and locality of such sites, (plus GPS waypoints), so as to keep others informed.

I hope more farmers will do the same.
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gertc
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: 3.0L Fortuner
Club VHF Licence: Xray05

Re: Farm Camping

Post by Gertc »

DIt klink na n GREAT Idee
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Agreed :thumbup: Let's support the farmers!!!
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Post by hentey »

I did not camp,but we were invited to a farm near Loxton this past weekend.What an experience!!!!!!The farmer had us on his 4x4 trail on one off his farms.We were really baffled by the 4x4 skills these farmers have.Martin Scholz had us entertained for 3 solid days,and we could not do half of the trails he has on 4 or 5 farms he owns.There is no internet or cell phone cover and the telephone system is still the old " nommer asseblief" exchange.The guest farm is situated +- 100 km from Beaufort West and spare fuel is not an option but compulsory.Martin asked me to spread the news about the farm and anybody is welcome to phone Martin or his wife Mariaan at Loxton 1330 to arrange a farm experience that will not be easly forgotten.
Op die oomblik is dit ook lamtyd en my dogtertjie kon die weggooi lammers melk gee met n tietie bottel,sy kon ook aanskou toe n koei kalf.Daar is wel krag op die gaste plaas maar die ander plase het nie krag nie.Ek sal hierdie ervaring vir almal aanbeveel wat die horlosie wil terug draai en net wegkom van alle stadsgeluide,selfone,rekenaars en raserige vrouens.
Indien een van die mods wil sal ek fotos mail en dan kan hy dit op die forum laai.
MORNE
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Isuzu E/cab 3.0 D-tec

Post by MORNE »

Harold wrote:In the June copy of ‘Caravan & Outdoor Life’ there was a report on Farmers providing camping on their farms. During a recent trip to the Cape we made use of a few of such camps and were most impressed by the price and facilities provided.

On future trips we will use ‘Farm Camps’ wherever we can. The problem is finding out where they are.

A suggestion for the forum is to have a sub-section to the “Travel” section where members can post the name and locality of such sites, (plus GPS waypoints), so as to keep others informed.

I hope more farmers will do the same.
Tell us more about your farm camp experience , where it was etc.
Zandyl
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mokopane
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7i 4x4 DC

Post by Zandyl »

The problem is finding out where they are.
Try here http://www.farmstay.co.za/
Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Post by Harold »

Also try the information office of the area you are in.
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Have used Farmstay a few times.

Farmstay is run by August du Preez, and maybe we should talk to him to load more farms with camping facilities, if memory serves me correct it is august@farmstay.co.za

One of the nice places just north of Middelburg that I found through them is called Ribbokkloof with a few short and longer trails and accommodation in rock built chalets. And you actually do see Vaalribbok on the farm.

Know what you don't know.

Return to “South Africa”