Khaudum Nasionale Park(Nam) Hilux event

Here you can post information of charities and charities in need or any good ideas you have on helping charities.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Khaudum Nasionale Park(Nam) Hilux event

Post by Niel »

This thread stems from the below
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=22228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The idea is to discuss what we need to do to arrange this. Trevor over to you for the rest
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Re: Khaudum Nasionale Park(Nam) Hilux event

Post by george »

Do you guys have a date in mind?
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Verskoon my afrikaans maar as ek so baie in engels moet skryf gaan nie ek of julle verstaan nie.
Niel, wat is julle plan? Wil julle net gaan toer en kyk, of wil julle fisies iets vir die park doen namens die club?
Moet ek uitvind aan wat het hulle 'n behoefte of iets wat aandag kort/reg gemaak of op gerig word?
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Eerste moet ons seker weet of is daar belang stelling?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Hi-Hilux wrote:Eerste moet ons seker weet of is daar belang stelling?
Ek dink ook so anners maak ons hulle verniet opgewonde
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Niel

Post by Niel »

Let’s start a list of interested people and potential dates.

I know I am bound by school holidays(if the family comes with) and I suspect a lot of the others here are in the same boat.

We (Polarbear2008 and myself with others) are there in June/July 2012 school holiday and we have a full 3 weeks already.

What is the best time to go weather wise?
Trevor, I think we go for a combination a bit of work if it is required and a “holiday” of say 5 days or so – these are just my thoughts.

1) Niel
2) Stubs
3) Vald
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4

Post by Johan Kriel »

I will spend Dec '11 about 6 days there and report back should you guys haven't been there yet.
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
Stubs
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Onrusrivier Hermanus
Vehicle: 89, Hilux D/cab 3.0L V6 Ford !!

Post by Stubs »

I will be interested, please keep me informed..cheers stubs
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

I would also be interested in seeing what you are putting together and would possibly like to join in...
Stubs

Post by Stubs »

Niel wrote:Let’s start a list of interested people and potential dates.

I know I am bound by school holidays(if the family comes with) and I suspect a lot of the others here are in the same boat.

We (Polarbear2008 and myself with others) are there in June/July 2012 school holiday and we have a full 3 weeks already.

What is the best time to go weather wise?
Trevor, I think we go for a combination a bit of work if it is required and a “holiday” of say 5 days or so – these are just my thoughts.

1) Niel
2) Stubs

anychance I can get a english version of that topic....??
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

Hi-Hilux wrote:Verskoon my afrikaans maar as ek so baie in engels moet skryf gaan nie ek of julle verstaan nie.
Niel, wat is julle plan? Wil julle net gaan toer en kyk, of wil julle fisies iets vir die park doen namens die club?
Moet ek uitvind aan wat het hulle 'n behoefte of iets wat aandag kort/reg gemaak of op gerig word?
Stu if you mean this then, "Excuse my arfrikaans but if I have to write so much english neither you nor I would understand. Niel, what are your pans? Do you want to tour and have a look see or would you like to actually do something as a club? Must I found out what their needs are or something that needs attentions or needs to be repaired or installed...

Hope that's what you meant... if not sorry...
Niel

Post by Niel »

Stubs (tent pitcher lol) we will do our best to keep it to English.

Here is short version so far:

Trevor wanted to know what I had in mind: working trip(fixing pumps .....) or a holiday trip. All the problems have been resolved or that is what we have been told. So this question is still up for discussion. Trevor can contact the park and find out but we need to know what intrest we will get before contacting the park.
George wanted to know if we have a date set yet. The last thing is that we want to see what the interrest is before we approach KNP (Khaudom National Park).

Hope this helps
Niel

Post by Niel »

Val, spot on
Stubs

Post by Stubs »

ok cool....am interested to doa hilux event to NAM, either work related/holiday or just a trip either way will love to tag along...oh and by the way my tent duties are much better.......heheheh :blushing:
Niel

Post by Niel »

Stubs wrote:oh and by the way my tent duties are much better.......heheheh
:thumbup: :lol: :lol:

will add you to the list
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Okay so let me try do this english thing.This one is for you Stubs LOL...cant I rather do it in German???
I think Mark (0000MS) will agree with me that winter time will be better, in the summer when and if it rains that loose sand becomes ' gaint mud bath...will be good fun but im not in the mood for recovering 4x4s where the animals walks freely....
Secondly that sand is driveble in the early mornings and late afternoon, in the heat of the day the sand are extremly loose...lekker los soos bou sand! And 3rdly if you are used to extreme temps then you will be fine, but if not then you WILL suffer!
I dont mind when we are going, summer or winter im fine with both.
And i also dont have a problem with the school, our private schools are so small so its not a problem taking them out for a couple of days, done it many times in the past.

If we plan on taking tools along, how will that work?Will each person bring all his tools or will we make a list where we can ask who can or will bring what kinda tools? Because i dont have do drive a very long distance I will take the bigger tools if we are planning on fixing something. Will we be divided into groups for the work or will everybody help on the same project? Okay I will stop for now, my head is running away with me. First things first, who will be joining, and when are we planning, then i can find oud their needs in the park.
I can see it... we will be on the front page of every news paper in Nam and the 4x4 boeke...Hilux4x4 Club to the rescue!
Niel

Post by Niel »

Lets leave this topic running for the next week or so and then we see where we stand with the attendees or be it potential attendees. I have changed it to a global announcement for the duration of the planning.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

It is a requirement of course that each & every participant MUST first sign in here, because you WILL need to take these with you! ;)

Trevor, they can bring your goodies up when they come!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Family_Dog wrote:

-F_D
Beteken dit dat ek klaar gewen het, of dat ek gaan wen??
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Tucked away in the Kavango Region is the extremely wild and undeveloped Khaudum Game Park. It was established with conservation in mind, as opposed to financial revenue. It is rarely visited, probably because of it's basic tourist infrastructure, but nevertheless, those with an adventurous streak, should look no further than 'Namibia's forgotten wilderness.' There are more elephants that visitors and perhaps those who are used to the 'well-beaten paths and tracks' of bigger and more famous National Parks, could spend at least a few exhilarating days here.

Khaudum operates an open-park system, which goes some way to explaining why game numbers vary considerably. Only the border with Botswana and a 55km section of the western border of the park are fenced; this enables animals to follow their natural hereditary migration routes to and from the water-rich Kavango River and floodplains. The 384,000ha coverage is home to animals such as antelope, huge herds of elephant, zebras, African wild dog, lions, leopards as well as 320 bird species.

There are two tourist camps - with basic facilities - in the park, Sikeretti in the south and Khaudum Camp in the north. The nearest places for supplies are in Frontiersmen or Rundu and no fresh produce is available withing Khaudum or the surrounding villages. The water at both camps is suitable for drinking and it is advisable to drink plenty of it daily, as dehydration is common in these areas. benefit this age of conservation and tourism directly not only in conjunction with the support of rural communities, but with their involvement of the protection of wildlife. So therefore relaxing at one of the state-of-the-art hides is recommended, not just to enjoy the wildlife that congregates around the waterholes, but to listen to the sounds of the wild and the voices of the local people. Their stories of demon elephants, spirits, rescues, ordeals, struggles and strange events, will outdo anything you'll here from other explorers in Joe's Beerhouse in Windhoek at the end of your safari.

Khaudum National Park is all about adventure, and half the fun of any journey is getting there. But the roads can be poor, and the best time to visit is during the dry winter months, June to October. A minimum of two 4x4 wheel drive vehicles must be used per party, provisions for 3 days and 100 litres of water per vehicle, per day, must be taken. It also goes without saying that as travel is slow and heavy on fuel, your 4x4 must be constantly engaged. This has a lot to do with driving on tracks that tend to follow omurambas (dry river beds) that link several waterholes together. There are 12 artificial waterholes and 2 natural fountains and they can all be reached by vehicle as 2 track roads interlink the park in its entirety. Most of the watering holes have hides, from which game can be viewed safely.

There are 2 access points to the park. From the north it's from the Katere road and from the south entrance is via the Tsumkwe road. Drivers should note that all roads, including access roads, require 4x4 vehicles, mainly due to heavy, loose sand. There is no fuel available in the park and the closest fuel stations are at Tsumkwe (which only provides diesel and petrol 93 leaded type), Grootfontein (360km from Sikeretti Camp), Rundu (170km from Khaudum Camp) and Bagani/Divundu (150km from Khaudum Camp.) Some 37km from Khaudum Camp is a state clinic on the Katere – Khaudum camp road and the medical infrastructure at Tsumkwe is limited to a nurse.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi-Hilux wrote:
Family_Dog wrote:

-F_D
Beteken dit dat ek klaar gewen het, of dat ek gaan wen??

Trevor, only one way to find out :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :yahoo:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Is the plan for Hilux4x4 as a Club to go and build something in the park?

It does sound interesting.

Know what you don't know.
ROOFER
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

ok! ok! dates ?,sounds very interesting ,if we go what will we do & what will be needed?
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

If it in the July holiday's we're in, whatever needs to be done :thumbup:

When we were there in Jan '11 the campsites especially the Southern camp (Segereti) was in a very poor neglegted state :!: Toilet was .... broken beyond repair. Shower and bathroom in desperate need of upgrade / revamp. Doors on and to the ablutions needed replacing.

Is this what we have in mind?
HennieJ2
Town: Witbank
Vehicle: Hilux D/C D4D 4x4, Hilux KZ-TE D/c 4x4

Post by HennieJ2 »

Maybe we need to find out exactly when do they normally experience the water problems - height of dry season is normally Aug / Sept? The school holiday is next year last week in June and 1st 2 weeks of July. The next school holiday is only 1 week (1st) on October, then maybe too late?

Anyway - let's look at dates 1st, then we will know if we can make it - Mana Pools game count is end September.

HJ
Hilux D/C D4D 4x4 ; Hilux 2700i S/C 4x4
ROOFER
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

this sounds good !!! june-july?? who's doing the planing?
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hi-Hilux »

As soon as we know how many people are intrested, then i can find out the needs of the paqk. But I cant contact them and tell them what we are planning and in the end nobody is going. And I think our aim will be to help/fix so that the animals benifit from it. But im sure we can fix a couple of other stuff aswel, like Mark said about the doors and so on. Heinrich, yes this will be a Hilux4x4 club event.
HennieJ2
Town: Witbank
Vehicle: Hilux D/C D4D 4x4, Hilux KZ-TE D/c 4x4

Post by HennieJ2 »

Hi-Hilux wrote:As soon as we know how many people are intrested,
- as soon as we get the dates, we can confirm interest :mrgreen: We need to do it quick, as we have to plan our leave for next year - we must finalize our dates before end off the year on our company calendar.

HJ
Hilux D/C D4D 4x4 ; Hilux 2700i S/C 4x4
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Same thing here. My dates must be in for leave by end of January for the year going forward.

Niel

Post by Niel »

Gents, next year will be a bumper year with a 3 week Nam trip in June /Jul, the Mana Pools game count(Sept) and the Khaudum event. I know I will have to sit one out at least. Lets get the dates going. Mark I think our first priority should be the animals and then the facilities = but that is just me.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Niel wrote:Gents, next year weill be a bumper year with a 3 week Nam trip in June /Jul, the Mana Pools game count(Sept) and the Khaudum event. I know I will have to sit one out at least. Lets get the dates going. Mark I think our first priority should be the animals and then the facilities = but that is just me.
Agreed Niel, that will be the main priority, depends on how many hands we have will make thing a bit easier :thumbup:

But first dates :!:
Niel

Post by Niel »

so the following individuals indicated that they will be interrested:
1. Traveler ,
2. HennieJ2 ,
3. Hi-Hilux,
4. george
5. Stubs
6. vald - any dates for me....
7. ROOFER
8. OOOOMS - Jun/Jul SA school holiday
9. Niel - Jun/Jul SA school holiday period not sure as we have a 3 week family holiday already pre planned
10. Hilux01 - later than Jun/July
11. Sidekick
12. MR B - Jun/Jul
13. Truckin - Jun Jul

Let’s suggest preferred dates and also an alternative date and see where that takes us - lets close the dates thing by the end of next week and then we have the peg in the ground.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Niel wrote:so the following individuals indicated that they will be interrested:
1. Traveler ,
2. HennieJ2 ,
3. Hi-Hilux,
4. george
5. Stubs
7. ROOFER
9. Niel - Jun/Jul SA school holiday period not sure as we have a 3 week family holiday already pre planned

Let’s suggest preferred dates and also an alternative date and see where that takes us - lets close the dates thing by the end of next week and then we have the peg in the ground.
Hilux01
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Secunda
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D dc 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X85

Post by Hilux01 »

I will be available and interested if it happens later than June July, moving to new company and leave will be scares.
Put me and swambo in the calculations for now, will be able to finalize once we have dates.

My experience with these tours is to find out from the Park what the consider as priorities and then decide on a "things to do list"

Henk
2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D dc 4x4
Bush Lapa Miskruier 810
Gerbers Alu Canopy
ORRA Call Sign: X85
0000DS
Town: Roodekrans
Vehicle: Tuna, 4X4, Longrange Fuel tank, BF's AT, Intergrated bumber, Roofrack, Awning, Air suspension,winch

Post by 0000DS »

vald wrote:
Niel wrote:so the following individuals indicated that they will be interrested:
1. Traveler ,
2. HennieJ2 ,
3. Hi-Hilux,
4. george
5. Stubs
7. ROOFER
8. OOOOMS -1 July 2012 SA school holiday

For me and OOOMS it can be anytime as from 1 July 2012. If you decide to make it at the end of June, then OOOOMS is going to have to go alone with the girls :silent:
SideKick
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock
Club VHF Licence: X108

Post by SideKick »

Niel wrote:Gents, next year will be a bumper year with a 3 week Nam trip in June /Jul, the Mana Pools game count(Sept) and the Khaudum event. I know I will have to sit one out at least. Lets get the dates going. Mark I think our first priority should be the animals and then the facilities = but that is just me.
Hi Guys

A few questions. How many club evens are planned so far for next year? Isn't the 3 week Nam trip and the Khaudum event the same thing? And what is the Mana Pools game count?

Second question. I've never gone on an out of country trip (or any 4x4 trip for that matter). How much $$$ am I looking at for the Khaudum event? I just spent a butt load getting my Hilux tip top condition and funds will be scarce for a while . . .

Please let me know. Thanks!!!
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

SideKick wrote:
Niel wrote:Gents, next year will be a bumper year with a 3 week Nam trip in June /Jul, the Mana Pools game count(Sept) and the Khaudum event. I know I will have to sit one out at least. Lets get the dates going. Mark I think our first priority should be the animals and then the facilities = but that is just me.
Hi Guys

A few questions. How many club evens are planned so far for next year? Isn't the 3 week Nam trip and the Khaudum event the same thing? And what is the Mana Pools game count?

Second question. I've never gone on an out of country trip (or any 4x4 trip for that matter). How much $$$ am I looking at for the Khaudum event? I just spent a butt load getting my Hilux tip top condition and funds will be scarce for a while . . .

Envents in CT so far are x1 per month.

Nam trip and Khaudum same, nope. (the one is fishing and the other this one and they are quite far apart, distance wise)

Costs, your petrol money there and back / passport if you do not have a valid one / border tax around R200.00, the daily fees into Khaudum are relatively cheap as a visitor around R80.00 pppn camping. However think they will not charge that or nothing or less if we go as a work team.
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Im sure we can get a fuel sponser, even if it is only one tank per person....Ken 'n paar groot menere by Shell...
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Hi-Hilux wrote:Im sure we can get a fuel sponser, even if it is only one tank per person....Ken 'n paar groot menere by Shell...
Geen weerstand teen 'n groot Shell plakker op Dreadnought vir so week of 2 nie. :thumbup:

Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Stem saam Heinrich
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Oh ja, laat weet ons het almal LR tanks + 200l...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SideKick
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock

Post by SideKick »

OOOOMS wrote:Oh ja, laat weet ons het almal LR tanks + 200l...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Myne is maar 120l :( Gaan vir my n paar Jerry cans moet aan skaf om by te hou . . .
Hi-Hilux wrote:Im sure we can get a fuel sponser, even if it is only one tank per person....Ken 'n paar groot menere by Shell...
As ons so iets kan organise sal ek en my vrou like om saam te gaan en help.

PS. Kan ons nie vir Winnie organise om saam te kom nie? Sy ken mos nou van toilets fix of hoe?
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
Witblits
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Koringberg
Vehicle: Hilux D4-D S/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X50

Post by Witblits »

I have read somewhere that a Namibian Safari company is taking over the camping infrastructure in Khaudum in 2012, apparently the same group does some sterling work in other reserves.
ImageImageImage
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Witblits wrote:I have read somewhere that a Namibian Safari company is taking over the camping infrastructure in Khaudum in 2012, apparently the same group does some sterling work in other reserves.
Googled the park to see if I could find anything, and found this link

http://www.travel-namibia.com/2011/05/k ... onal-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and this

http://www.tourbrief.com/cms/index.php? ... ew&id=3869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

This is an extract copied:-

""The developments within the Khaudum National Park, in a joint venture between Namibia Country Lodges and 3 communal conservancies, are in the final planning stages.

PLEASE NOTE: The renovations of the campsites and the building of the luxury camps will NOT improve the road conditions within the Khaudum National Park. The aim is to keep the Khaudum National Park a true wilderness area and consultants are advised to stick to the warnings concerning driving through the park.

Phase One

Renovations of existing Khaudum Camp and Sigaretti Camp to start in February 2011.

The aim is to keep the campsites rustic to blend in with the natural wilderness area but to provide:
Communal ablution facilities with hot and cold running water and flush toilets.
Each site will have its own braai area and grid with a water point.
No electricity (for the true nature lover!)

Completion has been delayed due to the unusual heavy rains.

Phase Two

Construction of the Sigaretti and Khaudum luxury bush camps.

Both camps will have eight en-suite tented units on decks and one central main area. The date of completion is difficult to estimate considering the challenging environment of the Khaudum, building logistics and strict environmental guidelines that need to be adhered to while building.

All accommodation and camping facilities will fall under Namibia Country Lodges once the Ministry of Environment & Tourism find the operation fit and in good order to conduct business.""

References were to Feb 2011, seems things may have been seriously delayed if the changes have'nt occurred yet.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Mr B is watching with interest! If it's over the school holidays I may be able to go! I've got to go to Windhoek on business anyway! Could help to subsidise the trip!
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

Mr_B wrote:Mr B is watching with interest! If it's over the school holidays I may be able to go! I've got to go to Windhoek on business anyway! Could help to subsidise the trip!
:think: Just yours? Or everyones?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Unfortunately just mine, we're a small business... with great potential of course!

SideKick... we could always toe the SFA up on an A-frame... that'll decrease your fuel cost to zilch! :twisted:
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

Mr_B wrote:Unfortunately just mine, we're a small business... with great potential of course!

SideKick... we could always toe the SFA up on an A-frame... that'll decrease your fuel cost to zilch! :twisted:
You gonna toe???
truckin
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 2006 2.7VVTI Hilux SRX Single Cab 4x4

Post by truckin »

uhmmmm, this sounds very interesting, i might be able to get away from the farm for a week or 2 during june-july as thats my down time anyway, Niel u can put me on the list, eish Hi-Hilux, ek ry n 2.7 :blackeye: so jy sal mar moet mooi vra da by jou pelle by SHELL :laugh2:
“The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.”

“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. - Not screaming like all the passengers in his car -
Niel

Post by Niel »

SideKick wrote:
Hi Guys

These are the trips I have planned or are involved with. With the aim of going myself.
Quintin
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Umhlanga
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 2 x Diff lock, 33" MT Tyre, Lexus V8, Winch, Bull Bar and Tow bar.

Post by Quintin »

Hi this sounds awesome I would also like to join so please put me also on the list.
Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D 4 D 4X4 A/T (4 play). Hilux DC 4x4, Lexus 4Lt V8, Mikhem suspension met 50mm lift, 50 mm body lift, Bilstein Shocks extra length, 33" tyre, 8 J rims, 2 x Lockers, Snorkel. (Blou Job) en dan n Peugeot 107 (Quickie).
Niel

Post by Niel »

so the following individuals indicated that they will be interrested:
1. Traveler ,
2. HennieJ2 ,
3. Hi-Hilux,
4. george
5. Stubs
7. ROOFER
10. Hilux01 - later than Jun/July
11. Sidekick
12. MR B - Jun/Jul
13. Truckin - Jun Jul
14. Quintin

Quintin
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Umhlanga
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 2 x Diff lock, 33" MT Tyre, Lexus V8, Winch, Bull Bar and Tow bar.

Post by Quintin »

Now where is my name?
Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D 4 D 4X4 A/T (4 play). Hilux DC 4x4, Lexus 4Lt V8, Mikhem suspension met 50mm lift, 50 mm body lift, Bilstein Shocks extra length, 33" tyre, 8 J rims, 2 x Lockers, Snorkel. (Blou Job) en dan n Peugeot 107 (Quickie).
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Quintin wrote:Now where is my name?
Quinten, ek vlieg saam met jou :thumbup:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Kerels, kom ons vind eers uit of die 'bestuur' ons daar wil he?

En indien so wat hulle wil he ons kan doen of kan doen?

Trevor / Johan, wie kan ons kontak?
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

A great idea and I would love to be a part of such a trip, but the logistics are just too great for me at this time.

June / July also makes sense to me from a practical point of view.

Obviously the primary aim is to benefit the wildlife, but attending to / improving amenities means a better ability to accommodate tourists whose revenue in turn can be used to sustain game management programs. If an event like this is publicized it will create an awareness and spark additional tourism to the area.

Publicizing the event can also bring corporate / private sponsorship on board which can go along way to alleviating the participants personal costs, although I'd be wary of any corporate sponsorship as they might be inclined toward advertising and marketing of their products and may even impose terms & conditions.

Will watch this thread and see if it leads to anywhere that allows my participation. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Quite correct in what you say Andy, Heinrich planted a good idea in my brain last night, what about we get one of the 4x4 magazines on board as I am pretty sure they would be keen to assist :wink2:
Hilux01
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Secunda
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D dc 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X85

Post by Hilux01 »

Great idea, I know Ali from WegRy is a member here and I understand a very approachable gent.
Maybe, we can use advertisement for sponsors as a motivation for such sponsors.

Maybe Ali can even join us in his BABY. (Rooi Hilux)

Calling Ali
2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D dc 4x4
Bush Lapa Miskruier 810
Gerbers Alu Canopy
ORRA Call Sign: X85
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

OOOOMS wrote:Quite correct in what you say Andy, Heinrich planted a good idea in my brain last night, what about we get one of the 4x4 magazines on board as I am pretty sure they would be keen to assist :wink2:
Yeah, thought about that, and also thought along the lines of giving WegRy / DriveOut an exclusive, seeing as that we already have close ties with the guys, but that would limit the coverage and sponsorship prospects somewhat. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Community Responsibility”