Knife Sheath

Discuss your hobbies here. Please this is for hobbies and not your bad habits.
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Re: Knife Sheath

Post by Traveler »

Gary, contact Michiel Potgieter from Pretorius Bros. He makes leather goods that are even ordered from customers in the US. He only used highest grade leather.

http://www.whitesmoke.co.za/powwow/viewforum.php?f=34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Know what you don't know.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Knife Sheath

Post by Mud Dog »

Did a lot of leather-work at one time (in the 70's/ 80's) ... book covers / folders / bags / straps / belts / wallets / purses / cigarette packet pouches / lighter sleeves / holsters and sheaths of various kinds, etc. It's not difficult, but a once off might mean that you have a lot of wastage / unused leather after cutting your pattern. To cut a pattern one would need the knife on hand, so it's best you have it done locally instead of shipping the knife.

I don't have any samples of my work from those days left except this gunslinger's holster for my 1860 Army Colt.

IMG_4048.JPG
IMG_4049.JPG
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Hobbies”