Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Isuzu

Baviaans trip,best time when

Post by Hunter26 »

Good day people

What time of the year is best to take a camp trip through Baviaans Kloof ie no rainy season,perfect weather and out of season. I have an Isuzu 4x2 with diff lock which I'm told is more than capable to get through Baviaans.

I have read on the 4x4 community forum that the roads are being repaired etc...obviously damaged by the 4x4 drivers :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Isuzu 250D 4x2 with diffy lock
1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
I don't live in Africa, Africa lives in me - Kyle my son.
mossie89
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 4x4 4.0 v6

Re: Baviaans trip,best time when

Post by mossie89 »

I did the Baviaanskloof in February in a Isuzu 4x2, the river is very low and the weather is good
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Craig,
Are you already organising?
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Welllll it seems that the EC Toyota owners are either slow or sleepy so the Isuzu kakmaaker has to stir things up,get the blood pumping and organsie a Baviaans trip next year. Unfortunately this will have to be a group effort as you guys and gals know this route,camping areas etc better than me. I will push it as I'm similar to a honey badger...once I bite I don't let go.

Now being the only 4x2 and outcast vehicle member, I would suggest you lot hone up your 4x4 driving skills as you would have endless teasing should a 4x2 Isuzu recover you lot......secrets kept at a price :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Who's interested,wants to go,camp.
1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Give us a chance .... still recovering! :D:

A couple of us are going to do a day trip to the Jacaranda (or what's left of it) in the former T/Kei on this coming Saturday. Because some areas are considered to be ecologically sensitive, one would need a permit from the Dept of Environmental Affairs, but I think that their offices may be closed for the season. You could try your luck and e-mail them - ( Anet.Landman@dedea.gov.za ) - they can issue a permit by return mail and permits are free.

Anyone interested and in possession of a valid permit is welcome to join. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

This is on short notice Andy.
Week-end already organised.
Craig,
Easiest is to travel through to Willowmore on the R329 and sleep there and then travel back on the R322 the next day.
Will need to be an early start, unless you want to leave late on Friday afternoon and sleep somewhere near PE/Uitenhage/Patensie area. Then Saturday night can be spent somewhere in the Baviaans, ie. Yellowwood Campsite or something like that. There are also plenty of private campsites along there on the different farms.
My 2CW.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

H owzit Craig.I did Baviaans on Thursday.I entered at Patensie and exited at Willowmore and then travelled back to Uitenhage via Steytlerville.I suggest you plan a sleep over.The camp site at the office at the Patensie side has very affortable camp sites at about R50 a head.I chatted to some folks who have been camping there for a few days.Toilets and power points available.
Yes you can do the trip in your Isuzu,taking it easy.Good luck.
Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Hi All

Just chatted to some of the 4x4 Community members in PE. It seems that we are organising the Baviaans trip in March/April 2017 so far . It will be a 3 day trip where camping will be done at 3 different camp sites over the 3 days. Why rush through when you have travelled so far. I believe as Tony has mentioned it can be a cheap trip if camping. Who would be interested in joining up for a trip.
1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Craig, as mentioned before, we would like to organise something to include PE members as well as W/Cape members. We could possibly all meet at Willowmore and finish at Patensie. The idea was to use a long weekend and take our time through the kloof. A long weekend in about March / April sounds perfect as it gives everyone a decent chance to prepare. It would be nice if you were involved with the organisation since your vehicle has limitations that ours do not and you appear to be keen.

I will start a new thread for this and we can do all the discussion there ( viewtopic.php?f=49&t=42155&p=494231#p494231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Eastern Cape”