Hook up 'n all??? East London area

AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Hook up 'n all??? East London area

Post by AM Racing »

Hey guys, we here are slack in the Eastern Cape :crazy: Think its time for a get together! Any suggestions!? :tongue:
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hook up 'n all??? East London area

Post by Mud Dog »

I've been thinking along the lines of having a braai evening ... can be done here at my place, but after the mess from the storm (and my older sis visiting from JHB this weekend) I've been putting it off. (Also a little chilly at the moment). Perhaps we can do something like that later when it warms up a little. I'd still like to do Ferndale again, but then it must be with an overnight stay ... not a day trip.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

Mud Dog wrote:I've been thinking along the lines of having a braai evening ... can be done here at my place, but after the mess from the storm (and my older sis visiting from JHB this weekend) I've been putting it off. (Also a little chilly at the moment). Perhaps we can do something like that later when it warms up a little. I'd still like to do Ferndale again, but then it must be with an overnight stay ... not a day trip.
Agreed on the Ferndale thing. It will be a nice trip out for my CarrotVan. Not too far and roads not to bad.It'll be a good test. Looking forward to it :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
TheoF
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mosselbaai
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D-4D SC 4x4

Post by TheoF »

Ek was so jaar gelede by 'n roete in Oos-Londen(meer 'n obstacle course) baie mooi plek maar die eienaar was 'n Mahindra fan , kan ongelukkig nie onthou wat sy naam of die plek se naam was nie. Ek het egter nie baie tuis gevoel daar met my lux nie, is dit dalk ferndale ?
AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

No, Ferndale is closer to Cathcart than EL. Sounds like you were at De Kraal on the N2
ImageImageImage
TheoF
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mosselbaai
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D-4D SC 4x4

Post by TheoF »

thats right De Kraal , the guy told me he'd rather buy 2 mahindras for the price of 1 hilux . I told him I'd rather buy myself a bicycle because its much lighter to push.
AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

hehehe. Well I suppose you get what you pay for and if you pay twice you twice the trouble... That being said, we had a charity drive there sometime back and there was a Mahindra in std form with no lockers and it did very well. Reliabilty long term???
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

There were two of them .... the guy in the white one got the booby prize for some or other reason IIRC.

IMGs6782.JPG
IMGs6913.JPG
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Racing snake
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Fortuner

Post by Racing snake »

Theo. You tell the guy you'd rather buy a bicycle then a Mahindra. Geen wonder ju't nie tuis gevoel nie. I do however agree with you.

Return to “Eastern Cape”