Cancer fund raising

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Cancer fund raising

Post by Mud Dog »

Hope to see a few http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; members there.

Dekraal poster revised.pdf
(367.07 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Cancer fund raising

Post by OOOOMS »

And this is in East Londen / EC :thumbup:
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Yep! Anyone that's interested, (for the 13th March) can also contact me or post here .... we can arrange to meet at the Engen garage (NEX - Abbotsford) and go as a group from there.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Am I going to be flying the Hilux Flag alone?

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Mud Dog wrote:Am I going to be flying the Hilux Flag alone?

You and Elvis :music:

:reading:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Dylan "AM Racing" has e-mailed me and said that he will be there. :thumbup: Hopefully we get a few more takers. :cooldude:

Suggest we meet at Engen garage on the North East Expressway (Abbotsford) at 7.30am and leave from there by 7.40am. Should give us enough time to get to De Kraal by 8.00am. ;-)

SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

me me me as well will be joining you guys, my old Hilux is still going even after the roll over onto its side, just put a crow bar between the left front fender and door so that it will open and not give the wife hell.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

We'll see you there ..... at about 8 bells, otherwise 7.30 at the Engen garage.

AM Racing
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

Hey Andy, wheres the pics?
ImageImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

AM Racing wrote:Hey Andy, wheres the pics?
Yeh....what's up :?:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Went to visit some good friends of ours on a neighbouring farm after the event .... blah, blah, blah .... :D:

Anyway, after what looked like rather threatening weather in the early morning and a weather forecast to match, it turned out to be a blistering day. I should have packed a hat rather than a jacket. By 8.45am we were still alone at the RV ... Phoned Dylan .... "Oh! Is it today? Not next weekend? OK will meet you there later". ............ Djou Bogger! :twisted: ;-) ..... at least he was still keen and changed his plans to attend. Great to have you join us! :thumbup:

Next, I knew Simon was in town already from the day before, and even though he hadn't indicated to meet at the RV, I phoned him as well, .... "Hi, Simon, where are you guys at the moment?" ........ "Hi Andy, we're here in Gonubie, still having breakfast. We'll see you out there shortly". ....... Hmmmm, breakfast .... the thing we had skipped because we were running late ourselves! So we broke out the choc-chip English muffins that we had bought as a replacement and coffee which we had on the way to De Kraal. Guys were already milling about out there .... into'd ourselves .... some familiar faces .... completed registration, and waited while 'chewing the fat' with some humorous and colourful characters. Now Simon and I had never met in person, even though we've had many communications over the past years .... there always seemed to be some reason that prevented that. When he arrives at the venue, I recognise his lux immediately from the many previous pics, and go over to meet him. ....... "Oh! So you're Andy ..... not at all what I expected!" ..... Huh!?? .... I was afraid to ask if he was disappointed! :shock2: :lol: ....... "I expected someone a little older." .... Phew! What can I say .... I carry my years well! :twisted: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Dylan made it in time for the pre-trail briefing. With the number of attendees we were split into two groups and Simon was separated from us but at least he was still supporting the Hilux Club with the magnetic sticker I loaned him.

The event itself was an informal affair with each group marking out their own obstacles along the way and scoring themselves. Good fun.

Once it was all over, everyone gathered for a late lunch (tasty boerewors polls provided) and refreshments. Peter Mansfield, owner of De Kraal, did the honours and handed out prizes, (everyone got a little something to remind them of the day), and we were informed that up to that point, the initiative had managed to raise more than R9K for cancer and that they were hoping to top R15k after the last event for quads next weekend. A worthy cause! Well done to all that participated! :thumbup: :thumbup:

OK, so now I suppose you're all waiting for pics? Maybe I should 'pull a Markie' and keep you all hanging while posting them in drabs over the next two weeks! :twisted: :twisted: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Got to resize them all still, but here's a start. :D:

Dylan & I setting out
IMG_6134.JPG

Sheridene sitting waiting patiently while we marked out our first obstacles (who says a Hilux can't have a good handbrake!)
IMG_6135.JPG

This crest has a short steep rocky incline from the other side.
IMG_6136.JPG
IMG_6137.JPG
IMG_6140.JPG

Dylan doing his thing
IMG_6144.JPG
IMG_6145.JPG
IMG_6146.JPG
IMG_6147.JPG
IMG_6148.JPG
IMG_6149.JPG

Some 'poenskop', leatherfaced old toppie was driving my bakkie! :twisted: :twisted:
IMG_6151.JPG
IMG_6153.JPG
IMG_6154.JPG
IMG_6155.JPG

The bottom up pics are deceptive and don't do the slope justice. The top down pics give a better idea of the slope (I give it a grade 3+).
IMG_6161.JPG
IMG_6162.JPG
IMG_6163.JPG
IMG_6165.JPG

The little pipe car did well, considering it's only 2x4! :thumbup:
IMG_6169.JPG

Dylan's turn .......
IMG_6170.JPG

.... (and the guys ducked for cover) :laugh2:
IMG_6172.JPG
IMG_6173.JPG
IMG_6174.JPG
IMG_6175.JPG
IMG_6176.JPG

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Tx Andy! Now for the rest pleeeeeeeeeeez....... :wink2:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

No joke, I've been trying on and off many this morning ..... the server doesn't want to accept attachments, even small ones! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Mud Dog wrote:No joke, I've been trying on and off many this morning ..... the server doesn't want to accept attachments, even small ones! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good try.....
Attachments
avatar242907_7.gif.jpg (3.94 KiB) Viewed 7231 times
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

OOOOMS wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:No joke, I've been trying on and off many this morning ..... the server doesn't want to accept attachments, even small ones! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good try.....
Seriaaas ...... but I think this has something to do with firewall or proxy settings on the PC, the last few loaded ok from the laptop, but it's a schlep. :crazy:

Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Daai poenskop leatherfaced ou kan geeerd voel om so mooi LTD SFA te bestuur.
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Hi-Hilux wrote:Daai poenskop leatherfaced ou kan geeerd voel om so mooi LTD SFA te bestuur.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Trevor, jy't vergeet krom neus, poenskop, leatherfaced ou..... :tease: :tease: :tease:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Been transferring pics to the laptop and posting. Will battle along. Between Dylan and myself we took over 200 pics ..... will have to omit a lot of them. The trail itself between the obstacle areas had a few interesting obstacles as well, but no-one stopped to take pics as we were pressed for time. (We needed a Bretton! :D: )

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Mud Dog wrote:Been transferring pics to the laptop and posting. Will battle along. Between Dylan and myself we took over 200 pics ..... will have to omit a lot of them. The trail itself between the obstacle areas had a few interesting obstacles as well, but no-one stopped to take pics as we were pressed for time. (We needed a Bretton! :D: )
Now you know how it feels writing a 8 page trip report....kry vir jou Oom Andy :lol: :lol: :lol:
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

OOOOMS wrote:
Hi-Hilux wrote:Daai poenskop leatherfaced ou kan geeerd voel om so mooi LTD SFA te bestuur.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Trevor, jy't vergeet krom neus, poenskop, leatherfaced ou..... :tease: :tease: :tease:
Daai Toppie se piston en ringe is klaar-Kyk hoe rook hy :lmao:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

george wrote:
OOOOMS wrote:
Daai Toppie se piston en ringe is klaar-Kyk hoe rook hy :lmao:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Ja mense, Dit is maar so! :D:
Ok, sal nog meer laai ......

Even the landy performed! :D:
IMG_6182.JPG

Walking the obstacles (at the dongas).
IMG_6184.JPG
IMG_6185.JPG
IMG_6186.JPG

..... and playing.
IMG_6188.JPG
IMG_6194.JPG
IMG_6195.JPG
IMG_6204.JPG
IMG_6206.JPG
IMG_6208.JPG
IMG_6209.JPG

Daai 'poenskop' ry nie net met my bakkie nie, hy ry saam my vrou! Sal hom nog moet beetkry! :D:
IMG_6210.JPG
IMG_6211.JPG
IMG_6212.JPG
IMG_6213.JPG

This is where things went a bit skeef. Just about to exit and perhaps being a bit complacent and not paying enough atttention to my line, I slipped into a rut and stallled. Because of the angle, Sheridene wanted to get out .... the guys had to help her as I was unable to open my door enough to get out. Thanks for the assistance guys. Took a rollback and came out on a better line. :oops:
IMG_6214.JPG
IMG_6215.JPG
IMG_6216.JPG
IMG_6217.JPG
IMG_6218.JPG
IMG_6219.JPG
IMG_6220.JPG
IMG_6221.JPG
IMG_6222.JPG
IMG_6223.JPG
IMG_6225.JPG
IMG_6226.JPG
IMG_6227.JPG
IMG_6228.JPG
IMG_6229.JPG
IMG_6230.JPG
IMG_6231.JPG
IMG_6232.JPG
IMG_6233.JPG
IMG_6234.JPG
IMG_6235.JPG
IMG_6236.JPG
IMG_6237.JPG
IMG_6238.JPG

While we were playing in the dongas, Simon's group caught up with us ........
IMG_6239.JPG

Not so suure if he was still taking pics or busy with something else here ..... :think: ...... :twisted:
IMG_6240.JPG
IMG_6242.JPG
IMG_6243.JPG

The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Andy

Daai maroen matallic bakkie lyk darem mooi n aksie. :thumbup: :thumbup:
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Dankie Dawie, maar ek is nog ver van tevrede met hom. Dobinson suspension is ver van ideaal. Sal weer moet begin spaar vir OME! :D: Maar dit was 'n lekker 'uitstappie', en ons het dit sommer baie geniet! ;-)

Something that pics cannot provide is the banging and clanging of under-carriages and rear overhangs as the vehicles went over the drop-offs. (Always sounds a lot worse than it actually is though).
IMG_6244.JPG
IMG_6245.JPG
IMG_6246.JPG
IMG_6247.JPG
IMG_6248.JPG
IMG_6249.JPG
IMG_6250.JPG
IMG_6251.JPG
IMG_6252.JPG
IMG_6253.JPG
IMG_6254.JPG
IMG_6258.JPG
IMG_6261.JPG
IMG_6263.JPG
IMG_6264.JPG
IMG_6265.JPG
IMG_6266.JPG
IMG_6268.JPG
IMG_6269.JPG
IMG_6270.JPG
IMG_6271.JPG
IMG_6272.JPG

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Great pics Andy, looking forward to the rest :thumbup:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

OOOOMS wrote:Great pics Andy, looking forward to the rest :thumbup:
Yep, I'm also looking forward to a rest! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last batch coming up .......
This was a 'no diff lock challenge'

IMG_6283.JPG
IMG_6284.JPG

There's a nasty little twister hole near the top ......
IMG_6290.JPG

Sheridene decided to get out for this one as well ......... dunno why! :twisted:

IMG_6292.JPG
IMG_6293.JPG
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6295.JPG
IMG_6296.JPG
IMG_6297.JPG
IMG_6299.JPG

Amper !!!!! :laugh2:
IMG_6302.JPG
IMG_6307.JPG

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Here's a little more proof that a Hilux handbrake can hold ................. ;-)

IMG_6310.JPG
IMG_6311.JPG

That's it (2 days Mark, not 2 months!) :twisted: :twisted: :laugh2:

Done and dusted ............... like these rims ......... ;-)
IMG_6313.JPG

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

A couple of pics sent through from Simon ...................

IMG_6687.jpg
IMG_6687.jpg (31.23 KiB) Viewed 7177 times
IMG_6733.JPG
IMG_6734.JPG
IMG_6763.JPG
IMG_6765.JPG
IMG_6768.JPG
IMG_6770.JPG
IMG_6773.JPG
IMG_6775.JPG
IMG_6782.JPG
IMG_6786.JPG
IMG_6794.JPG

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Some more from Simon .......

IMG_6833.JPG
(The marshal with the blue shirt is "LeeBoy" here on the forum.)
IMG_6843.JPG
IMG_6851.JPG
IMG_6871.JPG
IMG_6878.JPG
IMG_6880.JPG
IMG_6894.JPG
IMG_6895.JPG
IMG_6913.JPG
IMG_6940.JPG
Attachments
IMG_6870.JPG
IMG_6812.JPG

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Some nice pics Andy :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
AM Racing
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

Yeah. Thx for putting them up. Looking forward to the next event!
ImageImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Andy, just load all 200 :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

Finish and kla :wink2:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah, I'm done ..... (moenie kla nie). :D:

Return to “Eastern Cape”