Queenstown outing - 13 & 14 March

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Queenstown outing - 13 & 14 March

Post by Mud Dog »

The Border 4x4 club have arranged a weekend outing to Queenstown and I received this notification:

Anyone interested can contact Greg Vincent:
Tel. 043 708 4413 / Cell. 084 447 5069
Fax. 043-763 5062

"We will meet a Beacon Bay Retail Park from 06h30 to leave a 07h00 sharp. We will travel to Queenstown and meet Simon Morris, our guide for the weekend, before going to the Hangklip Mountains. We will have a picnic type lunch, so bring some sarmmies and snack. After the drive at Hangklip we will drive to Eerstedrift where we will set up camp for the night, there plenty of wood for the braai fire. I must just mention that this is a bush camp so there are no facilities, but I am sure we can rough it for one night, there are a few travelling showers.

On Sunday Simon has offered to take us to the Red Bridge area, on the quarry side as you go out of Queenstown to JHB, for some fun in the sand and erosion sections.

In Summary
Date: 13 & 14 March
Venue: Queenstown / Hangklip area
Cost: R100 per vehicle (covers both trails)
Catering: Saturday :- travel breakfast , picnic type lunch and braai for supper. Sunday :- breakfast and maybe a snack for lunch if we are still on the Red Bridge trail.

Please let me know if you will be attending this outing, by no later than Thursday 11 March."
!cid_41B186@seating.co[1].jpg
!cid_41B186@seating.co[1].jpg (29.89 KiB) Viewed 4086 times
!cid_58EBD5@seating.co[1).jpg
!cid_58EBD5@seating.co[1).jpg (25.41 KiB) Viewed 4086 times
Last edited by pietpetoors on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added date
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Re: Queenstown outing - 13 & 14 March

Post by Hi-Hilux »

:lol: sien julle hoekom julle moet gaan ry....om die colt en Zuzi te gaan uit help want die quadbikes kannie :lol:
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Re: Queenstown outing - 13 & 14 March

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

You have got it all wrong, I was upfront leading the way with my Hilux, just in case they all got stuck.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “Eastern Cape”