4X4 Trail to Hangklip Mountain 40 000 hectars CANCELLED

SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

4X4 Trail to Hangklip Mountain 40 000 hectars CANCELLED

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Invitation to The Hangklip Mountain 4x4 Trails.

The Queenstown 4x4 Off-Road Club

Hello................................................................

You and your family and friends are invited to join us on the 6th Feb 2010 to drive the various trails around this mountain. There are no actual tracks, this area is so vast that at night time you could get lost. Never mind during the day. Bring your GPS if you have one.

Time: Meet across from J.J. Serfontein School at 9am Saturday morning, from where we will leave in convoy at 9h15, please note, we have to cross a farmers land to get up towards Hangklip Mountain, all gates must be kept shut, this is for all gates that have pink spray on the pole.

It has been requested that we plan this event for the Saturday instead to accommodate members who have church and other related commitments on the Sundays.

We will be having a Bring & Braai for lunch, thus please bring your own meat, and drinks, chairs and table, unbrella, I will bring a braai grid along as well as wood.

Please bring along your club fees of R100. per person or family, we need to get this club going again, a receipt book will be on hand. We need to sort out The Rocky Mountain 4x4 Trail (cutting back etc) where funds are required to do this.

We will also be visiting Bamboeshoek (Chris Bartlett) near Sterkstroom as well as Ferndale 4x4 trails down near Cathcart this year as well as our normal ones around Queenstown.

Even if you are not reconized as a club member from the past, you are also still most welcome to join us and then you can just fill out the Entrance club form, pay your entrance fee of R50.00 and the years fee of R100.

And if you have never been a member of this 4x4 club in the past, you are still most welcome to join us for the day and there will be no entry fee for you, but an Indemnity Form will have to be filled out by you.

Thus if you are interested in joining us on this event, please let me know by cell 082 499 1924 or email bigballs@vodamail.co.za

Even if you cannot join us, and you want to pay your club fees or to join this 4x4 club that has been going since 1999, also please contact me.

Thankyou

I will post some pic's tomorrow night :thumbup: :clap:
Last edited by SYRON CONVERSIONS on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: 4X4 Trail to Hangklip Mountain 40 000 hectars no fences,

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks Simon, I've already responded to your PM. All going well, we will see you there. :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Good Andy, it's about time you put that Lux in the mountains again :lol: :thumbup:
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

OOOOMS wrote:Good Andy, it's about time you put that Lux in the mountains again :lol: :thumbup:
It's been almost 5 months!! :oops: :oops:

:D: :wink:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
SYRON CONVERSIONS

Here are a few pic's taken from this place, please note, if anybody wants to join us, they are most welcome to either stay in my house for a night or two or even camp in my huge garden at home, I also have a tent that they can use as well and a friend who can put a few people up as well. 8 )

The huge mountain in the back ground of the following pic is in fact Hangklip Mountain, see how vast this area is, no tracks or trails, but when we drive here we drive with caution to prevent soil erosion as well.

There are many small streams, mash areas and valleys, we have come across little streams that are not too wide but they are over half a metre deep, they are just too wide for a normal 4x4 without diff lock tgo cross over at an angle, thus they then just have to follow ahead until they find a suitable place to cross over, when driving through this area, we normally go to the left and then point our vehicle's towards Hangklip Mountain and then attempt to find a route suitable for everybody and their vehicle;s to get across with safety, but the vehicle;'s that are more modified also drive over the same area but choose a more difficult route to drive across, the "soft roaders" link up and find the more easier route.

Driving up this slight slope to get over the other side, driving blind not knowing what is in front, but knowing where my Hilux can drive and over what ground, because of the hig ground clearence and twin lockers as well as The Marlin Crawler fitted, this vehicle will go most places even if it is slowly.

Well see you on the 6th Feb Saturday (thank's Oooms my friend) :oops: :clap: 2010 on this awesome trail, well worth the effort to join us, see my contact details above and for some reason or the other this web site does not change my email addres anymore to big balloons :clap: :lol:
Last edited by SYRON CONVERSIONS on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

and for some reason or the other this web site does not change my email addres anymore to big balloons
:lol: :lol: I think some of the guys were just having some fun with your 'unusual' e-mail address! :wink:

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Looks pretty awsome from the pics :thumbup:
SYRON CONVERSIONS

So who will be joining us on this trail from here?

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Will confirm later in the week when I'm more sure of where I stand IRO the 6th Feb. If it's just Swambo & I we might have to sleep over in Q/town Fri night, or otherwise the Hogsback which leaves a short hop to Q/town. If we are more than 1 vehicle from here (2 others might be interested) we would drive up in convoy early Sat am. :wink:

SYRON CONVERSIONS

Or bring your air matrasses and bedding and dump yourselves in my house, come up Friday night, have one extra room with a double bed available as well. And a huge garden in fact an extra plot. Got lots of rooms that we use for tv, office, lounge etc. and even stay the saturday night and do The Rocky Mountain 4x4 trail on the Sunday, my friend Ben also has a few extra beds in his house down the road as well. :thumbup:

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Simon, unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I've just been informed this afternoon that we've been awarded a contract that I've been working at getting over the past week. I did'nt think we would be successful, but am thrilled that we are ... we needed it desperately.

Keep me in the loop ... there will be other trails. :wink:

Regards, Andy.

SYRON CONVERSIONS

Sure will do so, The Amatola 4x4 Club from East London might be coming up here at the end of Feb, I will let you know. :thumbup:

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks. :wink:

SYRON CONVERSIONS

Re: 4X4 Trail to Hangklip Mountain 40 000 hectars CANCELLED

CANCELLED LACK OF INTEREST

simoan
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Can't believe this!!!!!!!! :o:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Marks... Queenstown is a pretty small place... :twisted: Simon owns the only SFA hilux for a 100km radius... :wink:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

So.....OOOODS an I discussed this yesterday, we contemlating of going down.....so if we can 890km, why not! :roll:

But decided against that, too many things on :problem:
SYRON CONVERSIONS

Interest has been shown by both the Landrover Club in East London as well as another 4x4 club to come up here and drive these trails.

simoan

Return to “Eastern Cape”