Hydrogen fuel cell experiment on 1KD-FTV

Here we discuss various alternative energy solutions. From converting your car to electricity to converting your home to be off the grid.
Riaan99
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Vredendal
Vehicle: Hilux 3l 4x4 dc

Hydrogen fuel cell experiment on 1KD-FTV

Post by Riaan99 »

Good day all.

This topic was most probably been discussed on this forum or another, but would like your input on this.

I came across this on YouTube,

https://youtu.be/wxfo-w0ptEo

Do you guys think it will work on my 1KD-FTV (2013 Fortuner)?

Will the icu pick something funny up? Will the combustion chamber hold up with the extra heat? Injectors? Will the metal parts rust from Inside?

I sure hope to gain 2km/l more from this experiment, but does not benefit if I need to replace something expensive after a couple of weeks because of this experiment.

Please feel free by sharing any experience you have on this please. :subscribed:
..die kalmste is om belangrik te bly...
dax021
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harkerville WC
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 4Y

Re: Hydrogen fuel cell experiment on 1KD-FTV

Post by dax021 »

It's a con. Takes more energy to produce than it generates. It's not hydrogen either, it's HHO known as Brown's Gas. If it worked, all car manufacturers would be fitting to their vehicles as it would lower fuel consumption and emmission levels. This system has been around for way over 20yrs already, why don't we see 1000's of them in cars - - - - - - - because it's a con. Your choice, try it if you like, I'd be interested in your feedback
pietdevs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mosselbay
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy

Re: Hydrogen fuel cell experiment on 1KD-FTV

Post by pietdevs »

I built a Browns gas generator and ran my KZTE on it for some time. There was a slight fuel consumption improvement but it is not worth the effort. It requires a lot of maintenance and TLC. And remember it is an explosive dangerous gas in the engine bay.

Return to “Alternative Energy”