Hot water system for commercial use

Here we discuss various alternative energy solutions. From converting your car to electricity to converting your home to be off the grid.
JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Potchefstroom
Vehicle: SRX 2.5 4x4 D/C

Hot water system for commercial use

Post by JamesC »

Gents,

In my, almost decade, of dealing in alternative energy, I think I have stumbled across a new design of the famous vondonkie...

So this is not for residential use, I am talking commercial like abattoirs, hospitals, and institutions that require large volumes of water.

This patent runs on used oil (car oil etc) and can give you whatever temp required (up to 114 - steam) in a flash.

If anyone has an interest or requires something like this, you can either give me a call on 0834431879 or send me an e-mail to potchefstroomsolar@gmail.com
James Cameron
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Hot water system for commercial use

Post by ChrisF »

nee man James, jy maak mens mos nou net LUS :)

Can you post more here ?

I will also send you my work email address - just handed over a 400kW heat pump installation, about to submit a report for a 1 200 kW system .... fair to say I am VERY interested to see where the market is going :)
JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by JamesC »

I was waiting for you to respond Chris...
James Cameron
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

James the market is RIPE for alternate solutions.

Many buildings in the Cape are now over 40 years old .... old diesel boilers are due for replacement, diesel aint cheap any more, plus the fire regs are making these installations very costly.

When building new the solutions are obvious. When doing these refurbs the game changes ..... and man we are talking serious money, both in capital costs and running costs.
JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by JamesC »

Chris,

After more than seven years of dappling in the residential market...I am fed-up trying to help Jo Soap...sorry guys hope I am not offending anyone.

This application for industrial is just the ticket and I will send you some details over the course of the weekend. I need someone to help me to market...
James Cameron
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

James the industrial applications are SO much easier than helping Joe Soap !!

One of our projects is to provide solar hot water to about 300 homes .... MAN, this has been the biggest pain !

Starting with access problems the contractors can never get the systems commissioned properly .... then you get those that believe since there is a panel on the roof the hot water is for free and they hardly ever close the taps, then complain the water is cold ....

Nee wat, BAIE makliker om n industriele installasie te ontwerp en te installeer !

The irony is that I am now busy experimenting at home with our own geyser. I KNOW what systems will WORK for our setup, but these are just too expensive and those that are affordable comes with too many issues .... Frankly just want to step back and give the PV guys another 5 years to sort out their glitches.

PS - little sneak peak into the experiment I am busy with now - geyser timer used vs geyser timer bypassed : TWO kW.h per day extra !!! At our electrical tarriff this is more than R 3 000 per year !!!!!!!!!
JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by JamesC »

Warm water boiler
Capasity: 1500l/hr
Temp: 0 -120 degrees celsuis
Fuel : any used motor oil ,bio diesel diesel , cooking oil, gearbox oil, transformer oil.
Consumption: 10 -12 l/hr
Cost of fuel: R4 / l
Dimensions : 2.2m x 2.2 mx 1.5m
Weight: +/- 1 ton
Reservoir and boiler capacity +/- 850l
Operation :fully automatic
Manufacturing time : +/- 6 weeks
Compressor: 115l tank 250l/min
Material: 6mm boiler plate
Startup: lp gas
Classification: sound engineering practise
James Cameron